Crysis Mod; Mechwarrior Living Legends

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Crysis Mod; Mechwarrior Living Legends

Post by Stainless »

So before Hammer was banned he reminded me this was coming out like a champ because he knows I have a fetish for battletech stuff. Anyway, open beta got released a few days after christmas and Australia finally got some dedicated servers and so I've been playing this game.

Netcode is buggy as fuck, making it extremely difficult to hit airborne targets and small things like battlearmour. Unless you have missiles, you'll struggle to shoot down planes, and unless you have small autocannons you'll struggle to shoot fucking infantry.

That said, battlearmour is awesome. I can finally partially fufill my fantasy of running around in an Elemental suit.

Maps varying in cool to shit with alot of maps being very "lets sit on a hill with lots of missiles fgtry", and since there's only team deathmatch being played, there's no reason to bypass it for an objective or something, which leads to boring matches. Also alot of them are too fucking big, even for 32 players, whilst it balances out big slower mechs and fast smaller ones, it completely kills battlesuits able to do the same thing without purchasing a vehicle.

Which brings me to my next point. Vehicles feel very up in the air, mechs feel weak as piss, which is great when you have fgts sitting on ridges spamming missiles and next to be sniped with guass cannons, but its kind of shit when your assault mech that took 3 hours to get to the battle dies to two medium mechs. Or fgts on ridges. It'd be nice if there was conquerable repair stations or mobile repair/rearm vehicles to help a push, even if they were fucking terrible are doing either of those things to help balance it. (bases have invul calliope turrets anyway)

That said, I like it alot, I don't usually like combined arms games like BF and Quake Wars, as often vehicles shit all over everything and there's always a douchebag bombing your spawn constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFeE8mI ... re=related

edit: and when a mech's reactor core goes critical it's kind of 5 shades of fucking awesome. What you expect from a fusion core blowing up.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Spawn bombing. Keeping combined arms interesting since... Tribes?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Downloading and installing it now, going to play it tomorrow.
Our Host!