Prototype. Bugnuts.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Prototype. Bugnuts.

Post by Aonaran »

Just picked this up the other day. Kind of like GTA except you can only fly copters, APCs and tanks. While you can't drive the cars you can pick them up, while running, and jump to the tops of skyscrapers to hurl them at the aforementioned copters, APCs and tanks. Also you can fly and your arms turn into Ben Grimm hammer fists, a giant blade, long range rape tentacles and Wolvie claws. Sounds outrageously daffy but it actually pulls it off somehow. Oh and there are giant ass mutants and Half-Life (1) inspired black-ops dickheads all over the place.

The pacing is frenetic and you never really get a chance to catch your breath. Play it, yalls.

Related Bullshit
my vocabulary skills is above you.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: Prototype. Bugnuts.

Post by PiP »

Aonaran wrote:daffy
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Like many things, it becomes horridly tedious.

I found the rapidity of this shift disquieting.

Tolerable in small, infrequent quantities.

I suppose. :drunk:
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Aonaran wrote:Just picked this up the other day. Kind of like GTA except you can only fly copters, APCs and tanks. While you can't drive the cars you can pick them up, while running, and jump to the tops of skyscrapers to hurl them at the aforementioned copters, APCs and tanks. Also you can fly and your arms turn into Ben Grimm hammer fists, a giant blade, long range rape tentacles and Wolvie claws. Sounds outrageously daffy but it actually pulls it off somehow. Oh and there are giant ass mutants and Half-Life (1) inspired black-ops dickheads all over the place.

The pacing is frenetic and you never really get a chance to catch your breath. Play it, yalls.

Related Bullshit
You glide, you dont fly.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

MR Snake wrote:You glide, you dont fly.
I was using hyperbole.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Killing the civvies is fun.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Infamous is funny.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

been playing it, it's pretty legit all the way up until the bullshit boss fights.

I feel that many of the ideas of this game have been stolen
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

how far did you get last night, Manoil? I saw you on XBL :)
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

ECKS BAWKS
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I would like to use this opportunity to encourage all those with ze Sekxboxes to buy/rent Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. That takes the cake for best game of the console, despite all preconceived notions.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Aonaran wrote:I would like to use this opportunity to encourage all those with ze Sekxboxes to buy/rent Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. That takes the cake for best game of the console, despite all preconceived notions.
Best FPS, and I would agree. Loved it and I praise Diesel for unleashing such epic win on the character he's created
cazsim83 wrote:how far did you get last night, Manoil? I saw you on XBL :)
Got to this big, fucking dumb worm boss. Let me lay it on the line for you gents:

The fight takes place in the middle of New Times' Square. The thing is two stories tall, looks like a giant worm's head w/ spinal column... or just, like... the uncircumsized penis of Sloth from the Goonies. Get too close, and these fat arms slam you-- during and after they are taken out of the picture, the thing can unleash a giant psionic wave that empties your health bar, leaving you to scavenge for health for the few seconds of semi-invulnerability you have. Anywhere outside spitting distance, and it fires a stream of boulders at you, kinda like an automatic weapon. All the while, it sprouts these little green missiles that seek you out and head you off, so evading them is kind of difficult. And, even if you are on a separate street, the asswipe monsters ("Hunters") come in packs to beat the hell out of you. The only benefit of having them there is that killing them (which can be a slight pain in the ass of itself) offers a big health bonus if you absorb them.

So, the idea is that you weaken the two arms and the head of the beast. The only way to do so and move fast enough to evade the projectiles and constant stream of enemies is to be running around (about 50+ mph), picking up taxis in mid-leap, and use uberstrength to toss them at the creature. This fucknut circus, while even having interruptions that made it difficult, was the MOST efficient way I could find to take it down. I got raped in every other strategy I tried.

Anyway, you can only trim about a third of the giant worm's health at a time; after a short time of being incapacitated, it goes back underground, comes back out with all the appendages regrown, and you have to go back to the stupid fucking taxi-throwing strategy for another twenty minutes. Only bonus is that at the second wave, the military joins in and helps fight it (though they will fight you if you even accidentally injure one of theirs). The problem, however, is that more and more of the hunters show up (and some infected citizens that kind of look like Ben Grimm of the Fantastic Four).

Do this whole boss battle, which can easily take up an hour or even a little more, and you get to move on. To some more ridiculous-yet-acceptable bullshit.

To answer the question, Caz: I almost beat it, got frustrated, and quit at 3 AM. Started back up today, beat it and the rest of the game, and now I'm both considering borrowing Arkham Asylum from my bud and shitting on the doorstep of whoever made this game.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

good idea - the controls suck fucking ass.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It's not even that-- I mastered the controls fairly well. It's the fact that so many enemies, even as you're unleashing massive combos and rapesauce, they'll only register three or four hits before being undamageable for a period of time. Fuck that noise
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

If it seems like pushing certain buttons should illicit a response that simply is not there, it is likely because you haven't unlocked it yet. The controls get "better" as you unlock more attacks and skills that fit your playstyle.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I'm talking about movement, not combat. When you try for a solid 20 minutes to grab a stupid exploration orb at the top of a tower and keep jumping off instead of just getting to the top of the goddamn spire, it's a waste.

First time since I was 12 I wanted to throw the controller through the screen, and I played CoD4 on the hardest difficulty.

I've not played it since.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I know the one you're talking about Caz-- got it today after about five minutes of failure. The slower way to get on top of the harder locales is to just let go of the sprint, use the grab to latch onto the surface, and slowly make your way upward.

Aonaran-- I unlocked everything. The problem is that they don't want you completely beasting it every time, so they have forced interruptions that stop you from supercomboing hunters/etc without them getting a hit off you.
Our Host!