The Master

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
MrBlue
SDF!
SDF!

The Master

Post by MrBlue »

Hey all i got Fallout Radioactive pack a week ago and im playing through Fallout 1 for the first time and im stuck right near the end, i stole Vree's experiment disc the one about the mutant autopsy and them being sterlile but when im at the Vault the Master is in i cant open the lift doors on floor 4, I cant kill the Master ive tried thatabout 10 times and fail miserably and I cant tell him about Mutants being sterile! do i need ot have a specific speech skill to tell the master that and how do i open the lift doors on lvl 4!

MrBlue
p.s what happened to the Vault 13 message boards?
i feel up the stiars then i fell down the stairs
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Re: The Master

Post by Dan »

MrBlue wrote: What happened to the Vault 13 message boards?
They closed down a long time ago. *sob*.
MrBlue
SDF!
SDF!

=(

Post by MrBlue »

:x i loved those boards
i feel up the stiars then i fell down the stairs
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Well.... I guess the only option for you is to level up, and raise one of the skills necessary. That is easily done by killing the deathclaws in the Boneyard, resting, and killing the batch that has respawned, rinse, and repeat. If you have finished that quest, than you can hang around the Military Base and dispatch the patrols.

Than go kill the Master. ;)
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I think there is an Intelligence and Speech check to talk your way through it. I'd guess above 100% speech and chew some mentats to up your INT, I'm guessing so let's hope Red finds this thread. ;)

Anyway, killing the Master is more fun. It sounds like your character is not powerful enough to beat the master. All you need is a good weapon(turbo plasma rifle for example), decent skill for that weapon, power armor and lots of stims in your 2nd item slot, preferably super stims. It's a long fight, you might try to save once in a while if it goes well. For levelling up, the deathclaw place is good and also wandering around the wastes for encounters.

Oh, and there is the difficulty slider if the fight is still too hard.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Here's the trick that will allow you to kill the master without even shooting him. At the beginning of the fight allow him to shoot you once, but make sure he hits one of the 2 small robots that stand in front of him too. After that just hide behind the pillar so that he can't shoot you. Now your only problem are single Super Mutants 8O that will appear from the corridor, but you should cope with them since you reached the Master. The liittle robots will kill him for you, but it will take a while. Alternatively you can always detonate the bomb on floor 4 without even visiting the Master. :twisted:
Lancer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lancer »

Here's what I did with the Master... but I don't think it'll work for you considering that I was a complete bad ass at the time and your character doesn't seem like one...
Firstly, I tried to convince him that mutants were sterile... but I couldn't find the right thread in the conversation or something and I ended up telling him to go F*** a warhead... so he shot me... and I survived, but it hurt, so I hid behind one of those pillars. Then mutants started to spawn in the tunnels, so I shot those muties with my plasma rifle in the eyes until they died. I think there's about a dozen of them or so and then they stop coming... and they do give experience, so you might as well kill them if you haven't done the cathedral yet... then I popped out from behind the pillar and shot the Master in the eyes and popped back behind the pillar... rinse and repeat until he blows up...
As for the robots helping you out, I found that the master could destroy the robots in the first shot if you give him the chance... the robots can make it easier, but in my experience, it's easier to kill him yourself...
"Back off... I'm too busy being Conceited..."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The thing is, that you can't make Master commit suicide without (the knowledge of) VREE'S HOLODISC! You need to read the autopsy report, which tells you that muties are sterile.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I'm pretty sure you also need the holodisk itself. It wouldn't make sense for the Master to believe some schmuck (good God, that must misspelled) who walks into his base and says his muties are sterile.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

The thing is, that you can't make Master commit suicide without (the knowledge of) VREE'S HOLODISC! You need to read the autopsy report, which tells you that muties are sterile.
Now that's a good one considering Mrblue originally wrote
i stole Vree's experiment disc the one about the mutant autopsy and them being sterlile
Next time Kashluk you should try to actually =READ= what people write over here.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I think you only need to use the disk your self, and then when you know about the matter and tell to Master, he checks it from his own researchers. So I don't think you need to have it in your inventory when you speak to him.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Yeah. When you tell him about the mutants being sterile, you must tell him to check with his mutants (NOT his Lieutenant!), and then to ask a female mutant. It requires some Charisma and Speech, I believe.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

DJ Slamák wrote:Yeah. When you tell him about the mutants being sterile, you must tell him to check with his mutants (NOT his Lieutenant!), and then to ask a female mutant. It requires some Charisma and Speech, I believe.
Wierd, when I told him the mutants are sterile he didn't belive me so I gave him the holodisc. He then said he needs to process the information and then told me I was lieing, I simply said that he is hiding from the truth and he gave up. I didn't tell him to ask the mutants.

fighting the master is really easy. I just stood in front of him with my Plasma rifle and aimed for his eyes making 60-150 damage every turn. He didn't harm me as my trusty power armor absorbed all of the damage.

Dogmeat (+friends) took care of the mutants.
Raymondo2000
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Raymondo2000 »

Dogmeat died before I got to the master :( it was so sad
I Wanna join a clan! I have a ok chr, good for taking the hits,I can make web pages but just to lazy to, thats all :>
Big Davey Havok
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Big Davey Havok »

Im going to have to play thru Fallout again some time soon and try to defeat the master this way. Last time I played I used a Strong 'n' Dumb character so I just pounded the Master into submission.
The Figure On The Bed All dressed Up In Roses Calling, Beckoning To Sleep. Offering A Dream.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

In my last game Dogmeat died in the Hub right after I got him. I was certainly thankful.
fuck
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Dan wrote: Wierd, when I told him the mutants are sterile he didn't belive me so I gave him the holodisc. He then said he needs to process the information and then told me I was lieing, I simply said that he is hiding from the truth and he gave up. I didn't tell him to ask the mutants.
I always did it as I described. I never got these dialogue options. Maybe it needs Luck, too.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Are you sure you meet all the Speech, Int and Chr checks? I doubt luck has anything to do with it.
Pastorius
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pastorius »

VasikkA wrote: Anyway, killing the Master is more fun. It sounds like your character is not powerful enough to beat the master. All you need is a good weapon(turbo plasma rifle for example), decent skill for that weapon, power armor and lots of stims in your 2nd item slot, preferably super stims.
Were there super stims in FO1? Sorry, it´s just that I played it long ago, and I might be forgetting more things than I thought
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Yes.
fuck
Our Host!