Reinstalling a real video game

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

I love you guys.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Ray_Rogers
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ray_Rogers »

I've played Fallout 3 first and I actually went online to Amazon.com to get the FALLOUT Trilogy.
Loving Fallout 1 & 2 and Tactics I could take or leave.
Yes I am of the age where I was 18 when the first Fallout was released and never heard of it until the new one was released.
Oh yes, I own a XBOX 360, don't give a fuck about gamerscore, Halo shit and those spectator sports games. Get your stereotypes out of your ass.
So it might be my fault I'm also a retro gamer and consider Westwood Studios BLADE RUNNER as one of the best I've ever played?
So sorry if I own an XBOX 360. I expect I'll be lynched now for FO3 being the catalyst for finally wanting to play the previous Fallouts. Will I get a ban if I do like FO3 and consider FO 1 & 2 great?
Yes, I'll be buying FALLOUT 3 for PC just so I can give it a ton of IN-LORE specific mods and higher resolution textures.
Fuck those Halo idiots.

So about Fallout 2 Reconstruction thing. Will it work with current saves?
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

a lot has changed here at dac in 2 years. meaning everyone loves fallout 3 because it is the most awesome game ever. oh and also everyone here cares about their xbox 360 gamerscore so eff you for dissing mine (I have over nine thousand).

PS also we all think fo1 & 2 are shit so also your dumb for liking them
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I don;t even know my xBox gamerscore, I never bothered keeping track. A lot of the games I got for it where games for old xbox off the online market, like San Andreas and Max Payne. I used to have them on PS2 til it broke. I'd rather buy the same classics again and risk not adding to my gamerscore than play Halo or another fucking Calll of Duty.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Reinstalling a real video game

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

PiP wrote:
Roachmojo wrote: Should I even bother, or maybe wait until I can find it for $20?
that, or rent it, or be :pirate:.
Then again if you liked both Fallout and Morrowind, Fo3 might be just your thing? But I'm not an expert on Morrowind - Oblivion differences so I dunno.
Morrowind is actually a very decent game, I spent a very long time playing it. Nevertheless, I haven't been able to play Oblivion for more than about an hour at a time - I found it disgracefully atrocious. The two aren't really comparable.
Beware: Morrowind is only good if you are up for a considerable time sink. You also need to do quite a bit of reading up before you play it to help you get started.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I've been playing FO2 again, seemed for weeks that I couldn't play for an hour without crashing, but for the 10+ hours I've played over the last couple of days, I've had no crashes whatsoever.

Currently in the process of wiping out all families in New Reno and scavving all supplies out to Rangers Office in NCR.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Dont forget the Sierra Army depot mission, tons of shit to loot. Also, Skynet.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

MR Snake wrote:Dont forget the Sierra Army depot mission, tons of shit to loot. Also, Skynet.
But, it requires you to become a member of the alcohol-dealing family (don't remember the name?). And they are just a bunch of wussies, you're much better off with Bishops or Mordinos. Salvatores have attitude, but they still suck. Although they do have lazer piztolzsz!!1
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

You don't have to return to the boss after the SAD mission to become a made man. There's no shame in being a freelance hired gun.

Alternatively, you can still become a made man in all the families at the same time. :eyebrow:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ach, yes! It all comes back to me now! It's been too long since I've played FO2, I'm starting to forget all these things.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I just cant anymore, I know the dialouge beforehand. Waiting for the Mutants Rising Mod which seems to sound alot more like Vaporware Rising for each day that passes.

But I have faith.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

For some reason, every time I enter NCR, even when unarmed, one of the cops is hostile towards me. I sneak and get out of his range, nobody else in town gives a shit. Don't quite understand it.

Lot of little in-game glitches like that are giving me problems, even ignoring the color errors (tried to patch but the installer didn't work).
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Try punching the cop in the crotch repeatedly, it should fix the glitch.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure it's the dude you convince not to blow up the power station that is permanently hostile if you're a jerk about it.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Lot of glitches in that game. I hear ya about the patches not always working though. I patched that game to shreds and still I can't do the Lloyd mission anymore without summat going wrong and the game freezing.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:Try punching the cop in the crotch repeatedly, it should fix the glitch.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure it's the dude you convince not to blow up the power station that is permanently hostile if you're a jerk about it.
Long since dead. It's one of the guards standing by the exit who goes hostile.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

cliffracers ?

Post by Blargh »

Just console in some cliff racers and they'll happily take the blame. Though they may require your promise to console their spouse(s).

Polygamous/polyandrous scum. :drunk:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Manoil wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:Try punching the cop in the crotch repeatedly, it should fix the glitch.

Long since dead. It's one of the guards standing by the exit who goes hostile.
I was never able to convince the guy without being totally benign and coercing. ...IIRC

My car split in half when i loaded into NCR and paid the guy to watch my car. All I know is the trunks in san fran, haven't played FO2 since.

You can talk to one of the rangers in NCR about fixing your car but nothing happens. Maybe a New Reno style "lose the car but kick butt and get it back" kinda quest that didn't make the final cut.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If you're going to San Francisco
Please get me the ammo in my trunk
If you're going to San Francisco
My car split in half and I lost my junk

For those who come to San Francisco
They will see a disembodied trunk there
In the streets of San Francisco
Asian people throwing high kicks in the air

For those who come to San Francisco
Please get me the ammo in my trunk
If you come to San Francisco
The car broke in half because Fallout 2's code is junk

If you come to San Francisco
Please visit my car half there
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

MR Snake wrote:Dont forget the Sierra Army depot mission, tons of shit to loot. Also, Skynet.
and random Ausir encounter :drunk:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

that is the worst birkenstock guide i've read all year :chainsaw:
Our Host!