Quartermaster Lists

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Cranberry
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Quartermaster Lists

Post by Cranberry »

A bit of an unconventional question. When the game loads a quartermaster list for a given area, does it load the entries in sequence (ie top to bottom on the list) or simultaneously?

What I'm trying to do is change the Quartermaster's system of '200 shells is good for the whole game'. My plan is this; have entries in sequence:

{mission03;-10000;entities/items/ammo/ammo12Guage.ent}
{mission03;100;entities/items/ammo/ammo12Guage.ent}

Thus he'll clear any 12 Gauge Shells he already has on completion of Mission03 and stock up 100. Voila, limited but unlimited ammunition.

Will this work?
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

The logic seems right, but I think it would have to be tested. Let us know if it works out.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Cranberry
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Cranberry »

The first test seems to say that it won't work, but testing continues. It's good to be sure.
Cranberry
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Cranberry »

The method shown above works. <burns>Excellent.</burns>

I made a mistake in the first test, producing erroneous results (there are about 500 000 copies of campaign.txt floating around in the various subdirectories of FoT (and at least two Core folders) and I got the wrong one).
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Hehe, you sir, need to extract your files properly, as there's only one core directory...
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Your directory should look like this, more or less:

Cranberry
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Cranberry »

It's like a messy room. It looks godawful, but the person living in it knows more or less where everything is.

If anyone else would like to try this, I can give a copy of the recycling ammo part of the QM list for editing (since it takes a long time to make this part of the list from scratch).
Our Host!