Your first post

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Your first post

Post by Subhuman »

Copy and paste your very first post here at this fine establishment. No cheating, we can look it up.
Subhuman wrote:Does anyone know how to "cure" the Bandaged statistic? Two of my characters have it, and it's a little annoying. :mad:
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

On Europa Universalis III:
Not a bad game, but the whole army tradition crap really got on my nerves when I kept getting generals with tactical knowledge of a lobotomized monkey while fighting countless battles in Europe. That said, a 3,000 Turkish army ass-raped my 15,000 Lithuanian armies in seconds with zero losses. The adviser court also sucks dongage in 50 years after you start playing. Trade is also fucked up beyond recognition. Shit. Maybe I'll try it again after several patches.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Kuh-TUH-lhoo wrote:sucky hello im here message in broken english
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

This was in regards to a news story I had posted where I got to get some nice responses from whoever ran the interplay website. Chuck Cheuvas or whatever the fuck his name was didn't answer my email, so I was clarifying it wasn't from him.
Wolfman Walt wrote:This email was from the Interplay webmaster, not Chuck, he has yet to reply to it and at this point I doubt he will. I sent off another email early this morning so if I receive a reply, Duck and Cover will be the first to know. Just as a quick question, has anyone actually tried calling Chuck? If I get enough time, I'll definetly try it, but I just wanna know if anyone else has had any luck.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I can't do that since I was deleted by Nicolai, what made me an Angel.
���������
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Splatterpope wrote:Hello all, first post and all that.

I guess the main thing I'd like to get out of the way is my stance on Bethesda's development of Fallout 3. And I'd also like to discuss that in this topic, though not in the usual vein (flomg, the world sux, kill bethesda.).

They've got balls. Huge, Masculine balls. The kind that would break a mortal mans spine.

For a start, they're taking a gaming series with quite possibly.. No, THE most fanatical fan base to date, and developing a sequel. And this isn't some normal established franchise where you can make a sequel, and it will be carried on the success of it's predecessors shoulders by default. Oh no. In this case if the formula doesn't gel perfectly, it will be an absolute failure in every sense of the word.

Next, they're completely changing aforementioned formula. Though it seems hazy at the moment, the details we can see on the horizon are.. Well, a completely different game. Sure, it's post apocalyptic. I'm sure they'll even try to integrate the story, setting, humor and all that. But all signs point to first person, real time action. Whilst opening many doors in terms of settings and gameplay, they're changing game dynamics in such a way that the consequences will only be seen when they put the final cut to market.

I guess the final thing I'd have to say about them putting their necks on the line, is that they really are putting their necks on the line, in more ways than one. Of course as a company, for if they release something sub-par, not only will they spoil their (arguably) perfect track record, but they will ruin investment and other money-making avenues, as no-one likes a company with a huge blotch on their record. Once it happens, it seems, it inevitably leads to games developers being swallowed, never to surface again (sniffle..).

But the danger that I'd be most concerned about, is the very real threat of physical retribution. It may sound laughable(To most of you.. maybe..),
but when I say the fans of this game are fanatical.. Well, I know this one guy from back in my year 9 class. He lodged a pen in our classmates eye for spilling coke on his fallout survival manual.

So, introductory blather aside, what do you feel that the market and real world consequences are of Bethesda's taking up our beloved?
Wow, what a swell guy.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I didn't like your first post dreddy, so I'm posting your second post.
Dreadnought!!! wrote:Where the fuck is the edit button?!
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

What was my first one?
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

You made some drum and bass song or something. Just search for "Dreadnought" then click the last page and walla, you're there.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Oh, I think it was the one with the Master samples from Fallout. I wish I still had the track around. I lost it ages ago. :(
���������
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Tingel Tangel wrote:Never ever drink yourself silly with to much rum, and then let your friend convince you, that you can walk on water. Especially not on April 1st, unless you want to make an April Fools joke to remember.
Eh.. Yeah.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

VasikkA wrote:How many copies of Fallouts (1 and 2) have been sold worldwide? Any exact numbers?
What a jerk.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

In the SLTKR: Paradise Lost thread
St. Toxic wrote:I HAEV SEEN TDRAGON!

The image was something along the lines of Image
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Due to the rush of new people, i've decided i'd finally post. Been reading this forum for about 3 years now ,and would like to thank you all for enertaining me and giving me many good suggestions for games and movies. Oh, and fuck all the new people and fuck all the new gamers.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Hypocrite.
���������
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I kinda like the idea of MMORPGs, but they always end up as experience mills. Hopefully one day a developer can change that.

I totally had a vision for the future
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Your dream lives on. :salute:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
I kinda like the idea of MMORPGs, but they always end up as experience mills. Hopefully one day a developer can change that.

I totally had a vision for the future
Look no further!

We should set up a DAC clan anew. :salute:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

MadBill wrote:I remember when PCG thought very highly of Jedi Knight-Dark Forces 2. I suppose it is enough that thay still acknowledge it's existance.
Dark Forces 2 kicked ass. o_O
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

This is an early one that I did. Tycho, The Vault Dweller and Dogmeat.
I think I've gotten a little better since then.
Our Host!