The Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer and updated info

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

SuperH wrote:What are you even talking about?
Oblivion caused my eyes damage. :( Im gonna sue them.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

Thats what getting an xbox will do to you...

TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Doesn't look bad. I was hoping (not expecting) some gameplay footage or at least some kind in-game demonstration.

This probably just another hype video that is meant to appeal to the console kiddies and the Fallout fans, just to keep us guessing even longer.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

The armor looks like it's the original one that got shot to hell, and they repaired it with stuff they found on the streets. I like it.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Awesome, I was 100% right towards the content. DESPITE that though, I actually enjoyed the trailer. Was it what I wanted? Fuck no, I wanted to see the game in action. BUT atleast it shows me that they're doing SOME things right and aren't complete fuck ups. Let's admit it, some people here refused to even acknowledge this game less it had Ron Perlman.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

So far, everything is for me spot on. Now just the isometric view, special (tuned) and TB. Nothing is ruled out yet so :D
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

My expectations were very, very low as I've paid no attention to F3 so far, but that was pretty darn dope if I do say so myself, albeit disappointingly short. The overall feeling and ambience worked for me, just have to wait and see how things turn out for the actual game I guess.

I don't get all the whining about the "epic" music, it's a trailer for crying out loud.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Its the main theme for the game, as which was shown with all those concept arts and the music playing in the background.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

There's not even a theme there though, it's just orchestral hits.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

I quite liked it. Good to hear Perlman again. Though I think the graphics kinda sucked in the bus interior, considering it was pre-rendered. I really hope the game will have an isometric option.

I'm not sure I like the Power Armor, but it looks better than the FO2 and (especially) FOT versions.

If the game really is set in Washington or somewhere on the East Coast, then Bethesda really has a lot of explaining to do with regard to the Brotherhood.

Oh, and quit it with the fucking epic music already!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

is there any good reason to believe that armor is power armor, as opposed to some other generic looking heavy armor?

anyways, i thought the trailer was merely alright, though it was no gta4 trailer. the music and atmosphere were pretty much as expected, though i thought the name checking was a bit much (look at how many references we can cram in! pip boy! nuka cola! rotgut! etc.) also, the orchestral hit wasn't that bad, it wasn't overly lotr and it was like 5 seconds long, so who gives a flying fuck really.

the background and city looks good. i'm glad that trash and ruined buildings are in abundance, that's pretty important to the look of fallout.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

as a trailer, it looks good.

the good stuff:
- general feel
- modelled after Fo1's intro
- The Ink Spots
- Ron Perlman
- propaganda posters, other Fallout-universe objects
- power armor (yea it's a bit different but I dig it)
- kinda-artdeco figures on buildings

the bad stuff:
the high-detail power armor model.
Why?
because:
HIGH-DETAIL IN-GAME MODEL => FPP VIEW => REAL TIME => NOT FALLOUT.
(yeah these are not 100% implications, but I'd say at least 95%, especially if you make allowances for what Beth did in TES series AKA "we're gonna stick to what we do good")
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

I'm having trouble mustering the necessary reserves of bile and cynicism that I normally use to greet each pronouncement about F3. Dare I say it? I like this trailer. It hits all the right points and gets the setting details dead-on, from the Vault Boy ads to the Atlas Shrugged building cornices. And it looks great in 720p.

This is currently my only concern:
PiP wrote:because:
HIGH-DETAIL IN-GAME MODEL => FPP VIEW => REAL TIME => NOT FALLOUT.
(yeah these are not 100% implications, but I'd say at least 95%, especially if you make allowances for what Beth did in TES series AKA "we're gonna stick to what we do good")
Let's hope that 3rd person view and TB combat are options.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

PiP wrote:HIGH-DETAIL IN-GAME MODEL => FPP VIEW => REAL TIME => NOT FALLOUT.
I dunno....Pete has been very persistent about saying this is not "in-game." It's an in-engine sequence. They could have just built the models and made everything very detailed for this sequence only.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Does the bus radio say "Radiation Kills"? (look to right of buttons)

I have no gripes about the trailer, except that it is too short. In fact, I really like the trailer, and I think it shows that Bethesda have probably managed to maintain the Fallout style in their work. I really hope we will see more stuff soon. I don't want to have to wait until Fall 2008 before seeing anything.

Yay, Ron Perlman! I honestly didn't think they would bother bringing his voice back into the Fallout series.

I'm feeling... optimistic.
Death to quotes.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

KOC: If professional modellers were given the 30 odd day time in which to create assets for the close-ups in that teaser, the bus interior and various objects within it as well as elements of the armour helmet and shoulders would -not- look so low-poly as that.

I daresay that offers a good indication of the detail we may see in Fallout 3's interiors, though potentially a little better in areas central to the plot.

Unless they're trying to be clever, making it 'pretty but not too pretty', I daresay that's ingame-detail, or close enough. No other reason for it to bear that compromise of aesthetics/polycounts.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

TelemachusSneezed wrote:Does the bus radio say "Radiation Kills"? (look to right of buttons)
Radiation King. That's a brand.
I'm feeling... optimistic.
What is...this...feeling...? :joy:
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
PiP

Post by PiP »

King of Creation wrote:I dunno....Pete has been very persistent about saying this is not "in-game." It's an in-engine sequence. They could have just built the models and made everything very detailed for this sequence only.
the way I understand this, the models are the same as in-game, just the way the scene is rendered is different. Also, what T-900 said.
Mechanurgist wrote:Radiation King. That's a brand.
yeah it gave me a nice grin :D
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Radiation King, same as the TV set in FO1 intro.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Mechanurgist wrote:What is...this...feeling...?
Vulcans raus!

"Radiation King," got it.
Death to quotes.
Our Host!