Anyone knew this ?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Nirvana
Regular
Regular

Anyone knew this ?

Post by Nirvana »

In Modoc farrel ( the black guy that ask you to kill all the vermim in is garden , and appears to be very poor ) has a concealed safe in is little shack .
Why would a poor man like him need a safe ?
I asked him but he acused me of being an expert thief ( because i located the safe ) and of stealing the golden watch .
I already lockpick the safe but it´s empty ...
Anyone knows anything about this ?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Yeah I know about it. Once you look at it you can tell Farrel that he stole his watch and hid it in the safe.

It's the "bad way" to finish the quest.

The safe's empty. It was probably there before he got the place :)
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Never saw that, what i know about bugs in Modoc is when you attack the ghost farm, everyone from Modoc can die but when the fight's over and you return to town they're all there, alive and kicking. Modoc is weird as hell, what about that computer in the crap room, shame it doesn't work. :?
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Red wrote:Yeah I know about it. Once you look at it you can tell Farrel that he stole his watch and hid it in the safe.

It's the "bad way" to finish the quest.

The safe's empty. It was probably there before he got the place :)
Actually, if you tell Cornelius that Farrel hid the watch in the safe, he says that he and Jo checked it when he first lost the watch and it wasn't there. The bad way to finish it is to just give it to him and say you got it from Farrel.
fuck
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Slave_Master wrote:Actually, if you tell Cornelius that Farrel hid the watch in the safe, he says that he and Jo checked it when he first lost the watch and it wasn't there. The bad way to finish it is to just give it to him and say you got it from Farrel.
Hmm...knew about the bad way to finish, didn't know about the 'already checked the safe' part. But with all that guys mental handicaps you'd think he couldn't remember looking in the safe.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Well i guess someone has to try and put the watch in the safe and then go tell the teacher, huh... i mean... Farrel.

This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Obviously the giant molerat brainwashed Farrel into thinking he needed a safe in order to throw suspicion away from itself after purloining the watch. Or something.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

No, no it was them... :o

They are out there... 8O

Our Host!