Making the world a shitter place...

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Making the world a shitter place...

Post by Megatron »

Under the assumption that fallout 3 is going to be 80 years after fallout 2, the world isn't exactly going to be as wastelandish any more, is it?

So I suggest, about 30 years after fallout 2, a nuclear bomb was being shipped from the sierra army military base, to new reno, except somehow it crashed and set the nuke off.

So if fallout 3 is in the same area, new reno would be wiped off the face of the earth, broken hills wouldnt really be effected, vault city would be like the necropolis, while gecko could be either un-touched or have the power plant explode and have that part of the map similair to the glow. Modoc would have more mutated children and stuff, and be struggling due to brahmin impotence, the den and klamath would more or less be un-touched anyway as they were'nt that highly advanced. San fransico wouldnt really care as its to far away, but they might still be struggling from the huge wave when the oil rig exploded in fallout 2 (just to make all there guns and technology un-usable, as well as some of the houses falling down and stuff) NCR wouldnt directly be affected, but the trade route would be broken therefore they may not be as rich and stuff and not be that advanced, but not much of a dent.

Plus where new reno, s.a.d and golgotha were, you'd have an area similair to the glow/necropolis.

How would you make the world...shit?
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

How would you make the world...shit?
Fill fallout 3 with lame pop culture refrences and a recycled plot. That would make one Shitty Fallout world ;p
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

try using the same approach of the previous fallout. fallout 1 isnt in the same geographical location as fallout 2. just move the focus away a bit. maybe keep V13 (the start of the fallout story) but move away from shady sands/NCR and Reno etc.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

no, some towns would still be there and stuff...besides I like that deja vu kind of feeling :)

I want the world map to be fallout 1 and 2, plus move further east. Mayhaps you could have mutated gnats go across the wasteland that eats away metal or something?
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

knowing NPC from the previous fallouts would be nice but you want to nuke them all. btw, if the game was set about 50 years later than fallout 2 it would still be a similar place to fallout 2. it takes time to build up massive cities etc and the efforts of fallout 3 could knock back a few settlements.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

shady sands didnt take long to get that advanced.

The world 80 years after fo2 would be more civilised though, I want everyone panicking and stuff.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

well....The BOS disposed of the threat that would devour mankinds remnants and hope, saved the world.....not to forget it recruited massive amounts of recruits native to a region stretching from Chicago to as far as the Rocky mountains.
All of this within a matter of years.....imagine what this world will look like after 80 years have passed.

Lacking the scientific means at disposal of the BOS, pre-war mankind successfully turned the world to SHITE withing a mere century. Ok, later they did have this tech, but it all started with indurtralization.

The world right before fallout is most likely to have resembled ours as it too was at the brink of the depletion of the worlds oil reserves. This after all is what caused the Great-war.

all of the above is regarding FOT.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Iam going to be perfectly honest- the entire idea of an FO3 as compared to an fo0 is lame- You keep making up excuses on how the world could be falloutie yet still be set after FO2.
It is impossible. Realize that a PREQUEL IS THE BEST IDEA!
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

okay, lets look at a prequel. fallout 1 and 2 focus on v13 essentially. fallout 1, you come from and have to save v13. in fo2 you decend from a leaver of v13 and have to save the inhabbitants of v13 yet again.

a prequel.. how're you going to save v13 if you are not from it? Fallout also focuses on the Vault Dweller's bloodline. how're you going to accomplish that in a prequel. another point: you cant goto FEV because between 1 & 2 the military base is sealed.

I suppose you could follow another vault as it expands, maybe vault city or something.

what is it about the ending of fallout 2 which makes you think that fallout 3 is not a possible sequel? you could say NCR is massive and would just unite the whole place? unlikely, VC knew about the threat NCR posed to them by your actions in Fo2 so they would most likely fight against NCR's expansion ideas. New Reno is ruled by crime bosses, they dont want to be dictated to and would oppose some kind of central government that took their power away. klamat/arroyo are still small potatos and would be unlikely to join NCR. Broken hills runs out of urainium so power is very scarece as no more urainium slugs are produced for many settlement's power needs. modoc is a thriving community but had no want for expansion. they were quite happy as they were. gecko would allow the expansion of VC, but they would be opposed by NCR. Not to mention the internal conflict inside NCR. there was political upheaval in NCR during fo2 and tandi would soon die. in that event its likely to split.

there is still a lot of conflict after the fallout 2 episode. plus, fallout 3 would be likely to be on a different local to fallout 2.

explain how you would accomplish a prequel.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

btw, i would like a fallout 3. fallout online would be too great a task to undertake at the moment, especially with the saturated market of MMORPGs.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Hmm let's see the bonuses of a prequel

-The wasteland would be tougher than ever, and it would actually be a fallout!

Let's see the minuses

-could screw up the fallout universe by your actions (killing baby aradesh or something similair)

-No mutants,critters or ghouls

-Very few people. Most would have rad poisening, or be crazy.

-EVERYWHERE would be like the glow. Except one or two places.

-the military bases and stuff would probably still be shut off if they still had there juice running

-somehow you'd have to get inside vault 13 to carry on the full game

-You wouldnt have a vault dweller suit

-People would JUST be coming out of vaults, and as soon as they see a crazy man run towards them with his skin flaking off they're going to blow you away

So personally I'd prefer a sequel. You could have the big bad evil wreck the wasteland at the start of the game or mabye something similair that i mentioned at the begining, or mabye have NCR attacked by the shi and they both wiped each other out. I don't see vault city being a problem as they are to scared of the wastes and new reno will just keep on bickering between themselves.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Pyro wrote:Hmm let's see the bonuses of a prequel

-The wasteland would be tougher than ever, and it would actually be a fallout!

Let's see the minuses

-could screw up the fallout universe by your actions (killing baby aradesh or something similair)

-No mutants,critters or ghouls

-Very few people. Most would have rad poisening, or be crazy.

-EVERYWHERE would be like the glow. Except one or two places.

-the military bases and stuff would probably still be shut off if they still had there juice running

-somehow you'd have to get inside vault 13 to carry on the full game

-You wouldnt have a vault dweller suit

-People would JUST be coming out of vaults, and as soon as they see a crazy man run towards them with his skin flaking off they're going to blow you away

So personally I'd prefer a sequel. You could have the big bad evil wreck the wasteland at the start of the game or mabye something similair that i mentioned at the begining, or mabye have NCR attacked by the shi and they both wiped each other out. I don't see vault city being a problem as they are to scared of the wastes and new reno will just keep on bickering between themselves.
So you would rather have a sci-fi game than a real Fallout? :?: I should spit on you. :evil: Get out of the forums. :evil:
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Dood, you need to calm down! A prequel would stink.

And so would FOOL!!!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

A nice idea Pyro, but there's one big problem. That would eliminate whatever endings you got in FO2. All that work in New Reno, VC, Broken Hills, Modoc etc..for nothing, when everything would be destroyed by a nuke? And why was a nuke shipped from Sierra army depot to New Reno? The plot must continue, but let's move FO3 away from the area where Fallout 1 & 2 took place. To Nevada, for example. A few locations from earlier fallouts would be OK, but having the game in same area wouldn't be fun. I want to explore new areas.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Constipated BladeRunner wrote:
So you would rather have a sci-fi game than a real Fallout? :?: I should spit on you. :evil: Get out of the forums. :evil:
Well first of all Fallout IS a sci-fi game. Second, I said you may need a disaster or something to make it more fallout-like, that's why I posted this fucking thread.

Well mabye not something as serious as a nuke. Mabye the NCR would fall because the slavers and rangers had a stand-off in the middle of town and accidently blew up the presidential office, forcing the ncr to quickly make a new president. The votes were rigged and a corrupt car salesman somehow became president of ncr, and the first thing he did was get rid of the cops and legalise weapon trading on the streets, as well as gambling. A few years later ncr became similair to new reno.

New reno=After the death of one of the familys, the other familys started a huge turf-war, leaving only 2 surviving familys. The familys cast there differences aside and split the town in two, one half more dirty and nasty, the other half slowly started to clean itself up. One day a runkard came in and killed the crime boss on the bad side of town, so the last crime boss made new reno a little bit of a better place.

san fransisco=A few days after the chosen one left san fransisco after blowing the oil rig, dead fish started to wash up on shore. Slowly more and more fish landed, washing up radioactive whales and thousands of fish. Slowly people stopped coming to san fran, because of the bad smell and the cloud of flies. The hubologists eventually left, after there space-shuttle drove a few metres down the run-way then crashed into th shi palace. The shi and the fisher-man came together and tried to clear up the fish, and many caught diseases. After a while the fish were all gone, but the smell still lingers in the air. People slowly started coming back, but now the fisher-men had decided to come in-land and stay in some of the homes and scared off most visitors. The shi didn't mind though as they had bonded together while cleaning up, but now the whole town was impotent due to the radiation from the nuke in the oil rig. slowly the townstarted to die until it became similair to modoc.

Vault city-When lynette mysteriously died one night, gecko and vault city bonded to create a large bustling city, treating humans and mutants equally. The people from broken hills migrated here to create the biggest mixed-raced city in the wasteland, slowly becoming a place of pilgrimage to the ancient tree growing in the centre of the city that mysteriously spouted out words of wisdom from time to time.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

unlikely fiction.

NCR is held together by Tandi primarily. If she were to die the place would start to break apart into city states.

New Reno would never become a "nice place" because it is the center of narcotics and villany in the wasteland.

San Fran, fish would not start washing up on the beaches. why? because they are unlikely to live in the acidic waters left after the great war.

Vault city would never allow ghouls into their city. did you even talk to people other than lynette in VC? they ALL thought like that.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

EVERY non prequel idea on this forum has had *someway* that the world becomes more fallouty, and I have a simpler idea than going out of your way to make a half-assed second apocalypse- make it closer to the origianl fallout by setting it in 2083, 80 years after its realese.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

didnt the war start in 2077? that would make fallout 3 a pretty boring game...

"you step out of the vault and get instantly killed by the massive radiation"
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

A constant supply of rad-x, envio armor- there are many ways to get around it.
Also, the amount of radiation after a place has been nuked is over dramazied- especailly in 2077
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Truth is, no one has stepped outside the vaults in 2083.
You're idea sounds like:
SIMS - Living in a Vault
Our Host!