So I was looking at ebay...

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

So I was looking at ebay...

Post by Stainless »

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I got one of them smaller size signs, but it looks nice the way it is together with a gas mask. I think I got it for $10.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

They've got those up on ebay all the time...usually in big lots of them.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

no props for owning one unless you stole it
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

I take computer parts from hotels and put them in mine. Soon I will be the proud owner a 3.2ghz P4 processor. That is.. not until I learn how to put it in and take it out.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Nobody should proud of owning a P4. It's really just a miniature space heater.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

<3 AMD
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Well, yeah, except that the new Core 2 Duos actually kick the shit out of anything AMD's currently got. It's just that the P4s were complete turds. Funny part is that these new Intel chips are basically just souped up Pentium IIIs.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

I have AMD64 FX-53, got it pretty much when it came out, and I'm happy with it. The only damn annoying thing is that my memory controller has fucked up, so I can only run on 512 RAM instead of my usual 1024... And I don't know whether it's the memory controller within my motherboard or processor :@

Any advice? :|
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Can't you just upgrade your RAM? I don't know computers.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Subhuman wrote:Can't you just upgrade your RAM? I don't know computers.
Yes, you can.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Subhuman wrote:Can't you just upgrade your RAM? I don't know computers.
That doesn't help if it's a problem with the motherboard or something like that.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

control panel>system>advanced>performance settings>advanced>virtual memory?
:chew:
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Megatron wrote:control panel>system>advanced>performance settings>advanced>virtual memory?
Virtual memory is not nearly fast enough to replace physical. Although, better virtual memory in addition to his 512 megabytes than none at all, of course.

Frater Perdurabo: The only way you will know is by using another processor or motherboard. If it still doesn't work, it's the other component that is faulty. But with this new generation of processors which has recently emerged, perhaps you wan't to get rid of your current CPU/motherboard configuration altogether some time soon. Core 2 Duo is looking hot.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:I have AMD64 FX-53, got it pretty much when it came out, and I'm happy with it. The only damn annoying thing is that my memory controller has fucked up, so I can only run on 512 RAM instead of my usual 1024... And I don't know whether it's the memory controller within my motherboard or processor :@

Have you checked the actual memory module? One of your 512 RAMs might have gone bad.

TinyTeeth, you are banned.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Why the hate? :nervious: :evil: :dog: :tired: :wave: :robot: :M
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

TinyTeeth wrote:
Megatron wrote:control panel>system>advanced>performance settings>advanced>virtual memory?
Virtual memory is not nearly fast enough to replace physical. Although, better virtual memory in addition to his 512 megabytes than none at all, of course.

Frater Perdurabo: The only way you will know is by using another processor or motherboard. If it still doesn't work, it's the other component that is faulty. But with this new generation of processors which has recently emerged, perhaps you wan't to get rid of your current CPU/motherboard configuration altogether some time soon. Core 2 Duo is looking hot.
I was actually thinking about getting a new motherboard (provided that it's the fault of the motherboard), but my problem is that I have a Shuttle, so it's a pain to dismantle, replace components, etc.

Besides that, I just got this bad boy about a year ago so I'm not exactly rushing to get a new one. My stats are:
AMD 64 FX-53
1024 RAM (1/2 of that now -_-) Dual sticks of Corsair XMS3200 512
ATI Radeon x800 XT Platinum Edition
my shitty motherboard: NVIDIA nForce3 250

That's pretty much it. Apart from that, I got a 400 gig HDD and DVD-RW, etc. All the goodies. I just wish that my damn RAM worked though -_-
Alexander wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:I have AMD64 FX-53, got it pretty much when it came out, and I'm happy with it. The only damn annoying thing is that my memory controller has fucked up, so I can only run on 512 RAM instead of my usual 1024... And I don't know whether it's the memory controller within my motherboard or processor :@

Have you checked the actual memory module? One of your 512 RAMs might have gone bad.

TinyTeeth, you are banned.
I ran memory tests on both of the chips. I can start the computer up with either one of them inside, but when I put both in, the computer usually fails to boot :(

edit: at the moment, I have assigned 768-1536 MB for virtual memory, should I increase that?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

update your bios or mainboard drivers, mango
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I miss my p2, it was like an immortal mule. With proper tweaking, there wasn't anything I couldn't run on it. Now it's all BIG FUCKING NUMBERS TIMES TWO r30000 X64 BONANZA TRIPOD MASTURBATION and nothing to show for it -- a few years and your comp chokes on notepad.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Thor Kaufman wrote:update your bios or mainboard drivers, mango
Did that already :(
St. Toxic wrote:I miss my p2, it was like an immortal mule. With proper tweaking, there wasn't anything I couldn't run on it. Now it's all BIG FUCKING NUMBERS TIMES TWO r30000 X64 BONANZA TRIPOD MASTURBATION and nothing to show for it -- a few years and your comp chokes on notepad.
Yeah, like back in the days when I still used to have my 486 lol.
Our Host!