Stuff that NEEDS to be in Fallout 3.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

OnTheBounce wrote:So what you're trying to say is that the FO universe needs an XP-38 Explosive Space Modulator? :mrgreen:
To put it simply, YES!

Hell, an easter egg along those lines would be apropriate, if it wasn't half-assed or lame like most in Fo2. Monty Python for the fuck of it was crap in Fo2, but if they put in that item into Fo2, how many people do you think would get it, and then when they did, would put together the styles and have a lightbulb click on above their head?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Rosh wrote:Monty Python for the fuck of it was crap in Fo2...
I'm a huge Monty Python fan and as such I have to ask, "Why is it that the vast majority of MP references were from Quest for the Holy Grail? (Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. I know the answer is mass appeal. If they threw in a bunch of Life of Brian references I don't think the majority of people would get them.)
Rosh wrote:...but if they put in that item into Fo2..., how many people do you think would get it, and then when they did, would put together the styles and have a lightbulb click on above their head?
I don't think most would get that the reference was deeper than simply copying something out of Saturday morning cartoons, if they got it at all. It's a shame really, because those old Warner Bros. cartoons are a trove of timely pop culture references in themselves.

Edit: On a related note, how many people "get" my Civil Defense avatar?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I know, If one of the encounters were a lumberjack singing the im a lumberjack song, then that would be hilarious but ill settle for The Bridge Of Death and the Holy Hand Genade of Antioch ( which was detonated when it was used agianst that evil head biting bunny )
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Well the rat-food joke in Mom's diner was okay, i don't think that many people got that reference.

I'd like to see an encounter called "Self-defense against fresh fruit".
Our Host!