So I get bored again.

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

So I get bored again.

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I found myself with some time to kill this week during class. I've been assigning lots of writing assignments where the kids have to illustrate stuff. So, to show them I "care" I do the assignments too and do my illustrations. Three of the pics below are from short stories I've written for my students. The 4th pic is just something I did at random.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The second one is pretty good. Reminds me of the Corpse Bride.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The 3rd and especially the 4th were good.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I wont let you teach my kids.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Don't worry, he only teaches Mexica---
Oops, sorry.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Oh Ryno, you so fine.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Like Kashluck, I like the two last ones a lot. The third one reminds me of Munch's work The Scream.

Can you make some more?
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

They look really cool. I like the 3rd one.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like the first guys hair it makes me think of a cosmic bob

where the stories, huh
:chew:
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

Did I just walk into Hot Topic?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Megatron wrote:where the stories, huh
I didn't write them down. I just tell random stories to the class and tie them in with whatever lesson happens to be going on at the time. Like yesterday we talked about the fantasy genre. We read a book called "The Robot King" and I made up a quick story about his son, Robo-Boy. Hence the first picture.

The next two pictures were for "November Theme: Scarecrows" The kids drew two different scare crows and had a partner pick which one was most likely to scare crows. Then they had to write a story (with the literary elements such as setting, plot, characters, etc.) for the scarecrow their partner picked. I prefer my first scarecrow (pic #2).

The last picture was drawn on Halloween as we were writing ghost stories. I read the entire "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" book, and we went with that. The lesson then developed into a book report....Which then developed into a book report over the play "Oklahoma!" as next week we will celebrate our "Statehood Day" and we happen to be doing work with literary genre. We've covered poetry, fantasy, and drama so far.

For the Haiku lesson, I found an interesting webpage to use as a teaching tool: http://www.haikucircus.com/ . The kids really got into it, and we all came up with our own haiku comic strips. Mine was something like

I can't find my mom. <---Sad Kid.
Have you seen her? No. Ask him. <---Sad Kid to Other Kid.
Munch, Crunch, Smack, Chew, Chomp. <---Fat Kid Eating "Mom".
The Gunslinger
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The Gunslinger »

It's always good to have an imagination Ryno, could you tell me a story?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

First off, what grade do you teach?

And second, what kind of awesome school district do you teach in that an over-sensitive parent hasn't gotten you fired?

Just wondering, because I'm an English major and am going to sign up for the "Teach America" program.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

bubba
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The last reminds me of my brother(s). Slightly.

Ah, nostalgia. :drunk:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Retlaw83 wrote:First off, what grade do you teach?

And second, what kind of awesome school district do you teach in that an over-sensitive parent hasn't gotten you fired?

Just wondering, because I'm an English major and am going to sign up for the "Teach America" program.
4th Grade. And actually, I've had extensive parent teacher conferences with each parent a few times this year (another coming up next week) and they all have said their child has learned more since being in my class than they have since they've been in school. I've got comparative assessment scores to prove it. My group has grown an average of 10% more than the other 4th grade class. We're still behind the other class, but the scores jumped more than the other class which started out higher than us.....by a lot. Also got the comment from my principal that I'm the "most with it first year teacher she's ever met." I'm more "like a 10th year teacher."

I rule.
Geno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Geno »

Go Ryno.
Our Host!