Map Locations

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Raxian
SDF!
SDF!

Map Locations

Post by Raxian »

Maybe someone in California can help me out here. Where are the places in Fallout 1 related to. I know the Story line/Lore Etc...but what does each place relate to: Example: Boneyard is an obvious as its mentioned in the game. Where is the Glow? I notice on Google Map's there is a rather large and disturbing area that is approximately where the Glow is. Also Necropolis, Etc etc.

Oh and another small question, Anyone have a list of the Good Ending of FO1. I have it on XP and it has that bug where it skims through it (I replayed it again from way back. Holding off on FO2 as it took a bit many hours ;)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Map Locations

Post by Redeye »

Raxian wrote:Maybe someone in California can help me out here. Where are the places in Fallout 1 related to. I know the Story line/Lore Etc...but what does each place relate to: Example: Boneyard is an obvious as its mentioned in the game. Where is the Glow? I notice on Google Map's there is a rather large and disturbing area that is approximately where the Glow is. Also Necropolis, Etc etc.

Oh and another small question, Anyone have a list of the Good Ending of FO1. I have it on XP and it has that bug where it skims through it (I replayed it again from way back. Holding off on FO2 as it took a bit many hours ;)
Try the fallout wiki and fallout bible.

Necropolis is Bakersfield. There is a list out there somewhere.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Klamath is Klamath Falls... New Reno is Reno. San Fran = San Fran.

And I think the bone yard has something to do with L.A. D;
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Modoc is Modoc, Redding is Redding.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, pretty much. And Wet Swollen Vagina is Wet Swollen Vagina.
Raxian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Raxian »

I figured that some of those were of course Related to existing Towns. But The Glow and Arroyo and the Military Base, are not specific enough.

Ever see a Satallite Map of California? If you go to Maps.google..and then switch to Satellite, then look at Los Angeles, Zoom out, and you will see what looks like a Dark Spot (technically it is in Mexico, but it reminded me of "The Glow")
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If I remember my geography correctly, that should be the site of a giant meteor that hit the earth millions of years ago. It's theorized that it's the crater from the impact that killed the dinosaurs.

Or that crater could be somewhere else and I'm talking out of my ass. But that's the only thing I think it could be.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Arroyo's somewhere close to Medford, Valley of the Rogue state park and the Oregon caves national monument. Military Base is at the Los Banos Creek State Rec Area. The Glow is pretty much a gray spot, somwhere east of Brawley and Westmorland.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Necropolis was meant to be Bakersfield, but it isn't. See:
http://vault.duckandcover.cx/index.php?title=Necropolis
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

There is an Arroyo St. in Reno. As well as a Klamath.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

According to Chris Taylor, Mariposa Military Base is based on Fort Ord. That's an old military base that has been shut down near Monterey Bay.
Our Host!