Opening monologue from the games

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
SCSD_Lawman
SDF!
SDF!

Opening monologue from the games

Post by SCSD_Lawman »

Does anyone know where I can get a text version of the opening monologue's from the first two games? For anyone who doesnt know - a monologue is what the narator says at the beginning of the games. In F2 - the monologue starts:

"War. War never changes. The end of the world can pretty much as we predicted. To many people, not enough resources."

Anyone know the rest?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And it's "Too". "Too" as in "two", you fool! 2 many, 2 many 4 sure! Yo, mang, what's this thing with the "To"? "TO"!? It's not a word, dawg! Not in my book it ain't!
SCSD_Lawman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SCSD_Lawman »

Thanks guys.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Kashluk wrote:And it's "Too". "Too" as in "two", you fool! 2 many, 2 many 4 sure! Yo, mang, what's this thing with the "To"? "TO"!? It's not a word, dawg! Not in my book it ain't!
Yo Kash, the role of a grammar nazi doesn't suit you. The word 'propably', which you like to use, is not correct either.:rolleyes:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Given that Kash often rapes the English tongue without misspelling anything, I am not particularly surprised by the gist of your comment, VasikkA. :drunk:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Given that your verbal abilities are beyond this world, Im not going to argue against you. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's a bit silly to whine about a single misspelt word or a letter, as in this case, when there's more flagrant examples of raping the English language. *cough*Hat_Man*cough*

I'm not a native speaker of English. I make mistakes from time to time, but at least I try to spell correctly.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well I wasn't really all serious with that grammar bullshit. But you really got me with that "proply" stuff. I've alwasy thought it's written like that. I also get confused on how to spell "definitely", "celsius" and "censorship". I almost always get them wrong, not sure if they're right even now D; especially when I don't have an e-dictionary any more where to check.

But Blargh is right on the part that I tend to rape the English language *without* misspelling it, for most of the time.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

If only you knew, VasikkA.

It's a talent, Kash. That much is certain. It will serve you well in politics, if you let it do so. Loopholes and exasperated opposition all across the house. Yes. :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: Opening monologue from the games

Post by Franz Schubert »

SCSD_Lawman wrote:For anyone who doesnt know - a monologue is what the narator says at the beginning of the games.
LOL - "What's a monologue?"
porksoda
SDF!
SDF!

Post by porksoda »

Kashluk wrote:There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.
Har har, I just got a tshirt from a friend of mine that has this on the back. we both did comp sci. i fuckin love it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Franz Schubert wrote:What's a monologue?
Jesus Christ, can't you read? A monologue is what the narrator says at the beginning of the games.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

Cut and paste from my e-dictionary:
"mon•o•logue

Pronunciation: (mon'u-lôg", -log"), [key]
�n.
1. a form of dramatic entertainment, comedic solo, or the like by a single speaker: a comedian's monologue.
2. a prolonged talk or discourse by a single speaker, esp. one dominating or monopolizing a conversation.
3. any composition, as a poem, in which a single person speaks alone.
4. a part of a drama in which a single actor speaks alone; soliloquy. Also,mon'o•log".
5. what the narrator says at the beginning of the games."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

porksoda wrote:
Kashluk wrote:There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.
Har har, I just got a tshirt from a friend of mine that has this on the back. we both did comp sci. i fuckin love it.
Feel special? Elite?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Kashluk wrote:Feel special? Elite?
All of the above, plus witty.
FalloutDude
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FalloutDude »

SCSD_Lawman wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a text version of the opening monologue's from the first two games? For anyone who doesnt know - a monologue is what the narator says at the beginning of the games. In F2 - the monologue starts:

"War. War never changes. The end of the world can pretty much as we predicted. To many people, not enough resources."

Anyone know the rest?
Set the subtitles on and view the intro and copy it down it may take a while but i managed to do it
Sincerely,
FalloutDude
Our Host!