Redviwer Sucess

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
jc577
Regular
Regular

Redviwer Sucess

Post by jc577 »

Hey requiem,

I know this is a new topic about old stuff, but I did'nt know if you would read it , if I put it in one of my old postings. Anyway we have sucess!!!!!

I've gotten my image to save as png (in Adobe Photoshop) it's been alittle easier than Photo-Paint, although I'm still working with Photo-Paint. I've made my first tile, yeah!!. I know that does'nt mean a whole lot
to some but after nearly a month of trial and error I feel good!

Something I noticed when I tried it in the level editor the tile is not inside the box, like it was in redviewer, did I miss doing something before my final save?

Well all I can say is it's party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank-You requiem for all the patience and help with this problem,
you've been a godsend!!

jc577 :dance: :dance: :joy: :joy:
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

There's a couple of my old tiles that do this and maybe one of the original tiles, the image sometimes floats but once you've placed the tile it should be okay. Make sure you have view bounding box on in the editor.

If not the only thing you can really do is redo the tile making sure that the offset is properly lined up with the bounding box.

Flamescreens' tutorial for photoshop seemed a little complex to me compared to Corel, but good to hear that you've got it working at last. I was going suggest using gimp as that's fairly easy to use since there's no alpha channels involved.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
jc577
Regular
Regular

redviewer working

Post by jc577 »

Hey Again requiem,

What's strange is the other day I was going through the posts here and
found one that talked about alpha channels in Adobe Photoshop. I started to read it and found out that when you save as a png file even though the alpha box goes gray there's something in the photoshop file system that still retains the alpha channel.

Probably as I get more into the map making I'll probably have some more questions so I will try to keep them brief also I hope you won't mind.

See Ya Later and hope things start looking better for you in the future!!

jc577
Our Host!