On Redviewer usage

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
jc577
Regular
Regular

On Redviewer usage

Post by jc577 »

Hey requiem,

How's it going, hope it's well. I'm slowly grasping Photo-Paint it's
a bit easier to use. The version 12 will work with TGA files with the masking done for you.

I ha ve a coupla questions maybe you could help with?
When you import (open) an existing tile from FOT and you move the image out from the box, how do you get rid of the pic so you can bring your own in to the viewer? Also how again do you bring your pic in to use in the viewer?

THe other question is, are there any tools or programs that will show the details on tiles from FOT, such as measurements for your bounding box dimensions?

I don't know if your interested but I would pay you to convert these pics I have to workable tiles, there's probably about 50- 60 of them
such as plants,trees,shrubs,grasses, are what I have now but there's some others also that are pretty neat.

What I'm doing this for is I'm to make a campaign of the Deathlands
book series. I think it would work great. Also the pics after you were done feel free to use them give them away or whatever? I was planning to make them avaiable here at DaC for everyone.

Well enough of that Thank's have a good day!

jc577
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Jc just open you zar up first in Redviewer and add it to the zar clipboard, then open an existing tile, when you export from the clipboard you'll overwrite the tile's image with your own.

There's nothing available on bounding box dimensions, just use the wasd keys to position your image so that it's lined up with the bottom left corner of the bounding box and then just increase the dimensions until your happy they fit.

Sorry, I'm kind of tied up in real life at the moment I don't even have the time to work on my own stuff right now.

PS Just a friendly word of advice there's no need for 4 new threads about making tiles, you don't need to keep making new topics all the time.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
jc577
Regular
Regular

Post by jc577 »

Thank's requiem for info! Also if you ever do
have some time in the future to do these I'll make it well worth your time and I'll send you the money beforehand so you won't get shafted. I don't do business that way!

Take Care jc577
jc577
Regular
Regular

Post by jc577 »

Hey requiem,
Just one other small question, in Photo-Paint how and where do you see whether the alpha channel has been saved in your png file when you save as?

See ya jc577
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

On the property tool bar there should be a button for channels, it will open a new window to one side showing the rgb channels etc.

In v8 it doesn't use alpha channels as such it'll just have current mask which should be all you need. V8 won't save a png with an alpha channel.

I don't know if this has changed by v12.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!