New U2 album

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Good?

It's great
21%
It's OK
14%
It sucks
14%
I haven't heard it and I don't care
50%

Total votes: 14

ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I have no interest in listening to anything on that album because in one of the commercials where they sang a little diddy, they sing "Unos..Dos..Catorce..." That, for the non-Spanish speakers (and mine is a bit rusty) is "1..2...14" Then, about a week later they changed the commercial to "Unos...Dos...Tres..Catorce" (1, 2, 3, 14).

Bono is a moron. And Target, or iPod, or whoever the fuck made the commercial is an idot for showing it.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

U2 do seem to be market whores. The whole image thing, where Bono always wears his shades, edge wears his hat... ugh.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

I have no interest in listening to anything on that album because in one of the commercials where they sang a little diddy, they sing "Unos..Dos..Catorce..." That, for the non-Spanish speakers (and mine is a bit rusty) is "1..2...14" Then, about a week later they changed the commercial to "Unos...Dos...Tres..Catorce" (1, 2, 3, 14).
That's Vertigo, and I've been told about this sudden progression of 11 numbers by a load of people before, from the host of The Full Irish radio show on 2FM to my friend Jonathan.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

So that's really in the song? Poor Bono...Next time they do a tour in South/Latin America, or even the southern US, he's gonna be beaten.

Even the mighty tighty whities that run Sesame Street or those Ausies on The Wiggles know their Spanish numerals.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

So that's really in the song? Poor Bono...Next time they do a tour in South/Latin America, or even the southern US, he's gonna be beaten.
It's the fucking START of the song!
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Eh.. I liked some of their material from the 80's but lately they just seem to have lost whatever it is they once had..
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

the guardian wrote:Just about everything they made hardly makes any sense,
Perhaps the interpretation, rather than the source is to blame ?

Regardless, I'm flattered ? I possibly sound intelligent, some of the time ! Huzzah.
the guardian wrote:It's perfect for you :drunk:
*laughs*

Fair enough.
Suuhbhaskdhgha wrote:Yo La Tengo and Ocean Colour Scene are two critically bulletproof, extremely pretentious indie bands.
And since my last post in this topic, I tracked them down and gave them a listen. Can't say they're to my liking. I suspect I would have suspected that if I'd read your synopsis before hunting the fuckers down. Oh well. Your definition of 'fun' strikes me as dubious.
Suubhaiushgioheai wrote:I figure whatever you listen to, it's probably pretentious.
Ahaha. Right.

U2 are still shite. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Oh no - you too?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Kashluk wrote:Oh no - you too?
Oh no you too possess the occasional ability to seem intelligent ? Apparently. I'm none too worried, as I can't say I post here with the intent of appearing to be anything. Yeehaw.

Or was it something else, perhaps to someone else ? OH NO. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

U don't get the word play 2

cockgoblin
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Or perhaps just chose to ignore it.

Spunk guzzler. :drunk:
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

ALL YOU NEED IS YOUR OWN IMAGINATION
SO USE IT, THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR.

U2 blows. Their '80s stuff is good, though.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE.

And die.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

RAK wrote:
That's Vertigo, and I've been told about this sudden progression of 11 numbers by a load of people before, from the host of The Full Irish radio show on 2FM to my friend Jonathan.
Ryan Tubridy? Jesus.. ye should listen to Dave Fanning
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I hate you too.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

*injects more soy sauce*
Our Host!