End Game Slides Not Working Right in FO1

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Rad_Man
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

End Game Slides Not Working Right in FO1

Post by Rad_Man »

Recently I reinstalled FO1, tried a big guns character and beat it. One problem, tho, the end game slides don't play write. The voiceovers don't play and then when I put the subtitles on the slides flick by faster than I can read the text. This is really friggin' annoying as I'm playing with some different characters now and I want to see some different endings. I think it may be due to the fact I'm running XP. Some help with this problem would be appreciated.

Oh yeah and taking out the brotherhood with a rocket launcher is great fun.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I have the same problem. It's an xp problem as far as I know.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ya, ive had this problem for a long time. It could be fast computer or xp, it did the same thing on win2k too.
Rad_Man
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rad_Man »

Yeah, I thought it might be that. Does anyway any good apps I can use to slow down my computer? Or correct compability settings that would solve the problem?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

There was some people who claimed to be able to fix it by taking off sound acceleration in the directx menu. I think some more people have had there own personal fixes to the problem but none of them are consistant with other computers. Try nma
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

Start>Run(type in dxdiag) go to sound tab, turn sound acceleration down or off. should work then... If you're running win2k it's enough to download all the latest patches and the service pack4
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Run the games in DosBOX or Microsoft VM.
Rad_Man
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rad_Man »

Thanks, Pooperscooper and Kahgan, disabling the sound acceleration worked just fine. Beating the game is just the much more satisfying now.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

its not an xp prob, just to let you all know...mine runs perfect.
does this work
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Kahgan wrote:Start>Run(type in dxdiag) go to sound tab, turn sound acceleration down or off. should work then... If you're running win2k it's enough to download all the latest patches and the service pack4
Thanks.. I tried this and it worked. Strange thing is it didn't work the first time I tried it but when I reloaded the game and tried it again, it worked perfectly. Strange.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

ExtremeRyno wrote:Run the games in DosBOX or Microsoft VM.
Yeah! This is a great utility(Dosbox)... but then you'll have to install the dos version of fallout through Dosbox...

well, anyways it works on lots of old games! Right now I'm playing Cannon Fodder on it! Great game!

Here is the url: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Our Host!