NBA Playoffs 2002

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Hi guys, since the playoffs have already been tipped off, which team, do you think, will have the greatest chance to win the 2002 title?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:58 am

LA Lakers
33%
Dallas Mavericks
No votes
San Antonio Spurs
No votes
New Jersey Nets
No votes
Detroit Pistons
33%
Others
33%

Total votes: 3

Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Synthetic balls are cheaper than leathers ones, I think a good synthetic will cost 30 while the good leather ones cost 50, so it might be a money saving move also.

If the Kings lose a single home game they are finished just because you don't want to come back from LA down 3-1.

Voodoo? Nah, I'll just plant some drugs in Shaq and Kobe's locker. :P
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

A nicely wrapped money saving move. Personally, I favor leather ball.

Both teams are walking on thin ice. Can't lose any home game.

Planting drug is a good suggestion, as long as you don't get caught. :wink:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Bishop wrote:Planting drug is a good suggestion, as long as you don't get caught. :wink:
Or don't have to extra cash to waste on them and then I won't have to worry about getting caught. :D

Seeing that Shaq is too big for his own good, I wonder if he will be able to keep up Webber or Divac even if the game has a slow tempo.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Did you read the link on NBA News? A critic wrote how the King's can win the series, things like pushing it no matter what, pick-and-roll...etc. all point to the key - keep Shaq. running. I think that will be effective.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Nah, I usually read up on sports news on ESPN.com but I'll go check it out. As long as the Kings can keep Shaq running around or get him into foul trouble they should be able to win the series. They just have to control Kobe, easier said than done though.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Slider wrote:Nah, I usually read up on sports news on ESPN.com but I'll go check it out. As long as the Kings can keep Shaq running around or get him into foul trouble they should be able to win the series. They just have to control Kobe, easier said than done though.
The foul move may not be that effective, but I'm sure Shaq. can't run a whole of 7 games, right?

Controlling Kobe is a piece of cake.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Bishop wrote:Controlling Kobe is a piece of cake.
Who's going to guard him? Peja doesn't play good enough defense to guard someone of Kobe's caliber. Bibby is too small and should stay on Derek Fisher. Enough of my rambling, lets just hope Kobe doesn't rise to the occasion and score 50 a game. :P
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

As far as I'm concern, Kobe is also not of high consistency. May be he will do the job for the Kings! :lol:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

*knows nothing of Football just watches the advertisements*
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

This thread is about basketball or did the title 'NBA Playoffs' escape your short term memory. And please don't spam it to get your post count up. :P

While Kobe might be that consistent right now, I sure as hell don't want to see him start playing like Jordan. Which would mean clutch and three in a row for the Lakers. :x
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

Hehehe, you caught me... :oops:
[to be honest, I thought this was a Football thread]
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Well since the games haven't started yet, what do you think about Kidd-Duncan? Do you see them in the next team next year? I think its a strong possibility.
About the finals, I will not say anything, since its been proven, fairly unpredictable. The only consistant element was the (relative)sweeps up to now, but that could change.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Do you mean, who should have won the MVP award?

If you do then I would say Jason Kidd because he starts your offense and runs it and he is a very good defensive player. As for them being on the same team, I doubt the Nets will be able to sign Duncan and keep Martin. Especially since the Magic are making room for him and will probably get him if he doesn't stay in San Antonio.

The Kings are off to a slow start right now 27-18. :x
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I thought they're both Free-agents this summer so they could end up in the same team, aren't they?
Boy, it sure doesn't sound good for the Kings! I believe they will probably win one or two of the games, but Lakers just proved they're a better team. Like it or not. Oh well. There is always next year!
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

{the noise of the entire content of this topic going straight over my head}
:oops:
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Jason Kidd is going to be a free agent? :? Thats a new one to me haven't been keeping up on the free agent news as of late. I think TD will go to the Spurs or the Magic. So thats means that Jason Kidd will probably go to a team that needs a point and has money to spend.

As for the Lakers, yeah it looks like they are just too good for the Kings or anyone else for that matter to beat. :(
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

AAGAGAHGHHGGHHGHG!!!!!!!

Post by Thrillkill »

kobe might not play because of food poisoning!!!!?!?!?! 8O NOOOoooOOoooooooO (game starts in less than hour) 8O
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

oh

Post by Thrillkill »

guess he will play just saw it on tv

:D :D :D :D :D :D

as for jason kidd, i dont think he would leave the nets after only one season, especially after doing so well in the playoffs (he was 1-5 career in playoffs before this year) and with so much talent on the team(3 players that average about 20 points?) they can only get better
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

The Lakers are going to lose this game because Kobe won't be able to produce like he did last game. Unless Shaq can play in a high tempo game I doubt the Lakers can pull it off.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

I can't help thinking that Kobe is imitating MJ, he wants to play with the food poisoning and he sure wants to win. :x

Jason Kidd free agent? I think he said he doesn't want to stay at NJ next year, but I doubt if he will leave since the the Nets are doing really , really good. Nope, NJ won't sign Duncan, at least I don't think so. If TD really moves, most likely he'll move to Orlando, and with Hill, T-Mac and TD, I don't think they can sign Kidd. Unless Duncan wants to move to another team...

Shaq's not good this year, so what's left is Kobe and hopefully the Kings can contain him. Turkoglu is not performing well, if he can't take Peja's place offesively, at least he should do the defense.

Anywayz, the Kings must win! I'm tired of looking at the news that the Lakers did it again. :x
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Our Host!