Canadian "politics" and other idiocy

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You know what's fucking awesome?
Canadian charter of rights and freedom wrote:Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law
That's the first line of our charter, with this kind of shit it's obvious religions will get whatever they want, and religion often mean minorities (which aren't that much of minorities anymore if you ask me).
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

S4ur0n27 wrote:You know what's fucking awesome?
Canadian charter of rights and freedom wrote:Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law
That's the first line of our charter, with this kind of shit it's obvious religions will get whatever they want, and religion often mean minorities (which aren't that much of minorities anymore if you ask me).
I would really like to find out what percent minorities are in Canada.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

You mean percent out of the world wide minorities? :?

Or just in Canada? If so, then 100% of Canadian minorities are in Canada.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Ozrat wrote:You mean percent out of the world wide minorities? :?

Or just in Canada? If so, then 100% of Canadian minorities are in Canada.
Are you drunk?
I meant, what percent of Canada was comprised of minorities.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

51% of canadians are a minority.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

stupid move, franz
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Then PM me. Frankly, all these posts were totally off topic from the sticky's subject. Or do you take umbrage with the way I diminished "canadian politics"? I'm not insulting canada, I'm insulting the discussion herein.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Franz, don't divide up threads. It's better just to let a conversation run its full course.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

atoga wrote:Franz, don't divide up threads. It's better just to let a conversation run its full course.
you stud.
:hug:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Normally I agree, but I made the exception because it was in a sticky. We only have three stickies in SJR, and their content is completely exclusive to this sub-forum. That's why I'm trying to keep them clean. Feel free to digress in the rest of the threads, here, just not those three.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

franz is an artiessst
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Okay, fine.

p.s. Someone should sticky the "Sex" thread. I would, but I think Franz would get more pleasure from doing it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:
People shouldn't be allowed to wear swords and shit in public just because its part of their religion. It constitutes a safety hazard. If I created my own religion and declared it under Canadian law, do you think they would let me carry a gun as a symbol of the church. Hell no.
I agree with this. Religion is often given too much leniency.

As do I. I hate to make an example of uppity middle easterners, however it's relevant to wearing religious paraphanelia that can double as a weapon.

If anyone who's also Canadian recalls when those sikhs over in british columbia got into a huge bloody slasherfest because two groups in their temple or church or whatever the heck you want to call it had a disagreement over the placement of chairs... chairs! For crying out loud.

So yeah, in their mind it totally justifies taking out their kherpan or whatever their dagger is called and cutting up one another. The problem with religious zealots is they have absolutely no concept of the rights of other people's beliefs. Which makes it easy for them to justify hacking at someone with a knife because they feel their own religious sensibilities have been offended.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

They aren't asking for the right to cut people, just wear their knives.

I still agree it's pretty fucking stupid, and shouldn't be allowed, but then, IMHO, no religious symbol should be allowed in school, except for historical/learning matters.

I'm so fucking glad christiannism classes have been cut in most schools.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

High School science teachers in some states here actually teach Creationism in Biology class along with Evolution.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's really bad.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

not here, they're so scared they have a fucking disclaimer...
does this work
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Learning Creationism would be kind of sweet, actually. Imagine your exams. Every answer would pretty much be "BECAUSE GOD MADE IT SO."
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

How is creationism justified, as opposed to other religious beliefs?? 'because america is a christian country'?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, basically, Darwin be damned. America, lick on my ass and suck my balls! Creationism, fuck yeah!
Our Host!