Fallout 2 without dying?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

It's funner to play odd types, like a slut-female characther who sleeps for everything.
Lartrid
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lartrid »

PsychoSniper wrote:It's funner to play odd types, like a slut-female characther who sleeps for everything.
Now that's the problem with me, that I hardly can change the role of my character from goodboy to any other...somertimes I play the 'give me more money for my work' type but that's not a great difference...so I'm sure there are some secrets still covered in the mist of the future...eh what a crappy sentence... :hahano:
"Always keep your Vault shiny and clear
because it can even blind the enemy when they attack. Maybe you can let the Vault door rust; it will be more difficult to get in then."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Because being a good guy makes (second) most sense. The give me more money- type, which can also be called the 'what do I get for my trouble' -type is propably the most realistic one.
Lartrid
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lartrid »

Hmmph I'm thinking on other RPGs that were built around an evil storyline...but nothing comes to my mind...except for KotOR where you could continue an evil storyline and the same case in Might & Magic series, though that was not so huge part in the game.

Do U know any games with evil main storylines?
because it can even blind the enemy when they attack. Maybe you can let the Vault door rust; it will be more difficult to get in then."
PyroPhoenix
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PyroPhoenix »

The misadventures of Tron Bon
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Lartrid wrote:Do U know any games with evil main storylines?
Evil is subjective. Everyone knows that Max Payne can always be considered a villian for his merciless rampage, (All Candy Dawn was doing was trying to pay the rent, that didn't stop Max from throwing a Molotov at her.). Even Starcraft's Terran Campaign can be evil. One, you're becoming a terrorist and helping a madman to become the next dictator. Same thing with Brood War, the UED's basically the Soviet Union. So whether a game has a evil main storyline depends on your point of view and your values.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I don't think that was the answer he wanted mr green
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

What, he wanted Lohanboobies? I'm not God, kthanxbye.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

FOPOS is an evil game.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Most challenging character I've used is the Mad Max one. Going through restricted to leather armour, double barrel shotgun, crowbar and only dogmeat for an NPC (if the game doesn't crash when you get him).
Lartrid
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Lartrid »

Mr. Green wrote:
Lartrid wrote:Do U know any games with evil main storylines?
Evil is subjective. Everyone knows that Max Payne can always be considered a villian for his merciless rampage, (All Candy Dawn was doing was trying to pay the rent, that didn't stop Max from throwing a Molotov at her.). Even Starcraft's Terran Campaign can be evil. One, you're becoming a terrorist and helping a madman to become the next dictator. Same thing with Brood War, the UED's basically the Soviet Union. So whether a game has a evil main storyline depends on your point of view and your values.
Everyone knows everyone knows...
I asked RPGs though it was not in the quiestion but before, in the other few sentences...
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

boywoos wrote:I just downloaded that 17 min thingie, surely that is fake?
It's completely real. I put FO2 on a friend's computer (like a 3ghz with 1GB RAM) and it moved faster than that. It is completely possible to memorize the sequence for the text if you do the exact same things over and over. The guy tried this at least 100 times before he got it right. The story is over at NMA, but I can't be buggered to finding it right now.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

PsychoSniper wrote:It's funner to play odd types, like a slut-female characther who sleeps for everything.
Did that. She was 16, IIRC. No further comments.
Serious Business.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

You little pedo you.
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

Try playing as yourself, and react as you think you would if you were the vaultdweller(F1) or the chosen tribesman(V2). I haven't succesfully completed a hardcore game as myself yet.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If I played a game like that, my typical experience would be letting my mouth get my ass in trouble. I would then run away screaming as someone shot at me.

Not a good way to advance in Fallout, I can assure you.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

If I played F1/2 with a character based upon myself, nothing would get done. I'd just wander off and become a recluse, and yell curses at and/or kill anyone who had the misfortune of running into me. I've never liked gimmick characters. :drunk:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

If I played at myself, I'd never actually be able to go and talk to any NPCs. Seriously, how often have you blundered into some town, walked up to a complete stranger and started asking about their troubles and maybe you could go and kill someone for them or maybe they tossed their watch in the toilet?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I'd never get out of Klamath and the bathhouse.
Maybe if they told me about reno, I'd go checking the cat's paw out.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

I remember when I first discoverd the bathhouse.....

So much wasted money.....
Our Host!