Fear this

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Actually even if they have the license to develop icewind dale and BG series, they no longer have the lincense to use the D&D system. Their 2 last games using it were the BG expand and IWD2 which were actually developed after the original license expired, but the license said that they could finish projects which were officially started under it.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

"Black Isle. Where decisions are made for you by men in fancy suits."

"Black Isle. We suck balls."

"Black Isle. What's the fuckin point?"

"Black Isle. Where innovative and bullshit go hand in hand."
Aerothorn
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Aerothorn »

Geez, some angry people here. If you dislike Black Isle so much, then ignore them, unless you enjoy wallowing in your own misery. If they wanna make games for consoles, whats wrong with it? Its not like they abandoned the PC market.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Aerothorn wrote:Geez, some angry people here. If you dislike Black Isle so much, then ignore them, unless you enjoy wallowing in your own misery. If they wanna make games for consoles, whats wrong with it? Its not like they abandoned the PC market.
Still confused, Aerothorn?
------------------
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Aerothorn wrote:Geez, some angry people here. If you dislike Black Isle so much, then ignore them, unless you enjoy wallowing in your own misery. If they wanna make games for consoles, whats wrong with it? Its not like they abandoned the PC market.

But...but...but what about Lionheart? I'm supposed to be a big fan of that game because it has the SPECIAL system, right? It's like Fallout if Fallout was like Baldur's Gate.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Cracks up laughing. Erm Aerothorn I think the forum you are looking for is the spanking new Interplay Entertainment Forums. Now mind you, folk are a might bit grouchy over the lack of Fallout 3 over there too, but you will also find a large group of folk who seem to share your mindset.

The thought of endless console titles leaves me depressed.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I don't even have any consoles, nor do I plan to get one. So game companies better get cracking on some new PC games.
Araanor
Respected
Respected

Post by Araanor »

You're telling me you don't want to see the Infinity Engine ported to the PS2? :lol:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I'm just a stupid consumer. If they make a game for PS2 I'm gonna buy a PS2. Hell, I will buy 6 PS2's and a couple dozen copies of their game because I'm another mindless consumer who can't make decisions without one of the friendly people at Black Isle holding my hand to the cash register.
Last edited by Mad Max RW on Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Insane-Lark wrote:Cracks up laughing. Erm Aerothorn I think the forum you are looking for is the spanking new Interplay Entertainment Forums. Now mind you, folk are a might bit grouchy over the lack of Fallout 3 over there too, but you will also find a large group of folk who seem to share your mindset.

The thought of endless console titles leaves me depressed.
Or lack there of. That's basically what they get for making all those lame, mass market, "action" CRPGs like IWD2.

The CEO of Wang, back in the 1980s, was asked for a comment about the Apple Macintosh. He said, "When you design a computer for fools, only fools will buy them." That's a pretty smart statement when you think about it. The same thing applies to games as well, judging by the forums of which you speak.
------------------
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Oh, wow...more jumping puzzles a la Baldur's Garbage: Dumbass Audience?
HanoverF
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HanoverF »

As much as I hope for another E.T. fiasco to thin out or kill the console herd, there is something to be said for shipping a finished product...
Mr. Anonymous

Post by Mr. Anonymous »

This is very bad. If they actually make money in the console market then Interplay might survive and keep the FO license locked away forever. Die damn you! Die Interplay! Die! Die! Die!

Post by Guest »

Even if Interplay went bankrupt, all its IP, including the fallout licence will almost certainly be picked up on the cheap by another company, which will promptly forget about it.

If the licence changes hands, it'll almost certainly be the end of any sequel hopes.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Black Isle: Hey! We've got the Fallout license, don't make us use it!
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Hey! Everyone else is making console games, so we should too! Fuck that. I want to be the mack pimp who inherits the PC market when everyone else has abandoned it.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Anonymous wrote:Even if Interplay went bankrupt, all its IP, including the fallout licence will almost certainly be picked up on the cheap by another company, which will promptly forget about it.

If the licence changes hands, it'll almost certainly be the end of any sequel hopes.
But then we'll probably just keep annoying them for a few years.

It's not like fallout has a small fan base, or no-one has ever heard of it. blahaa i GOTTa gdxfihfsghj
:chew:
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Developers will go over to the console market, realise that the shitty console controllers and general idiocy of console gamers totally cripple their games and come running back to the PC. You just watch.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Heres hoping.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Even if Interplay went bankrupt, all its IP, including the fallout licence will almost certainly be picked up on the cheap by another company, which will promptly forget about it
Couldn't we all bring our money together to buy it if Interplay dies? A Fallout 3 made by fans is all that we want right(not to mention all the money we could make)? I know I'd contribute at least 10,000.
Our Host!