How I stopped worrying about the bomb and started to feel gratitude towards Ukraine

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

How I stopped worrying about the bomb and started to feel gratitude towards Ukraine

Post by Hyacinth »

Russian warfare is poo, but they got the bomb, direct conflict between Nato and Russia would mean guaranteed loss for Putin and a quick escalation into thermonuclear holocaust. I think this is the jist of the briefing our politicians get.

As long as the proxy war continues and doesn't spill over into other countries the world is safe.

Ukraine strong. :salute:

*end of regurgitation*
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: How I stopped worrying about the bomb and started to feel gratitude towards Ukraine

Post by Gimp Mask »

I remember watching some documentary that talked about Dead Hand, Russia's dead man's switch program during the cold war. They kept the program a secret, which kind of defeats the point of having a M.A.D. doomsday machine in the first place

also the band Megadeth takes its name from "megadeath", the unit of measurement for nuclear warfare (1 million deaths)

these are all my unreliable internet facts about nuclear bombs for today
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: How I stopped worrying about the bomb and started to feel gratitude towards Ukraine

Post by Amis »

Ok Boomer
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The US and Russia are too wary to start anything out in the open, they'll keep using Ukraine as a proxy. As an American for the the wildcard is China, they'll probably make a move on Taiwan before 2027 for their centennial. The odds are small, but it's more likely than WW3 being kicked off between NATO and Russia, in my opinion. It'd start in the Pacific. Either the US and China over Taiwan, or India and China over fresh water.
Our Host!