Very serious question

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Very serious question

Post by Amis »

Do you enjoy putting milk in your coffee?

If you do, do you put it below the coffee or on top, maybe you are a total badass and put it on several layers?

Do you boil the milk or put it in cold straight out of the fridge?

Do you have a milk swirl that makes the milk texture more fluffy?

All these questions...

I prefer milk on top, actually now it has changed to be in the bottom...
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I never thought about it, so I guess not particularly no. Sometimes I do enjoy looking at the thermodynamic swirling and think about entropy and chaos for a bit, but I think that's more to do with the chemical reaction than the enjoyment of pouring milk.

I just pour it on straight from the fridge, raw dogging it, soviet style. Had a milk swirl and all sorts of coffee gadgets and grinders (if you're cheap but want decent coffee get Aeropress, at least if you read this message in 2010) but now I just drink instant coffee.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I drink instant coffee with 2 spoonfuls then a splash of whole milk, no problems here boss, thanks heh

*the boss walks away*

what a jerk :spit:
:chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

that is correct 2 spoonfuls is the optimal dosage, makes me process sensory data at maximum capacity, half man half cubicle i need your boots your clouds and your data sheets.

i use oat milk
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I figured more guys here would drink it black.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

lotta cream, some sugar :paper:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I don't drink coffee often but when I do I buy the good stuff so I only drink it black.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

SenisterDenister wrote:I figured more guys here would drink it black.
anything to alleviate the terrible taste. I don't really enjoy the taste of anything as much as I dislike the taste of many things if that makes sense. I can't really understand how people get excited about tasty things either. A gastronome I am not. Coffee serves a double function of a ritual and a stimulant, that's it.

I quit coffee for a few weeks earlier this year to see what would happen, it was fine but it's also fine to drink it
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

my friend who has a child and doesnt drink or anything has swapped all his chemical fascination into coffee, so I'm constantly getting updates about his coffee machine and different beans he's sourcing, little pictures of black coffee in tiny cups he describes using things like 'toffee' or 'blackberries' (why not just eat toffees and blackberries?)

I think its endearing but I dont get it really. I just slam 5-6 cups of instant cheap rubbish a day to keep me going. Sometimes I think its funny to drink those energy drinks like Monster as well, they make you feel like you're on bad amphetamines
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Megatron wrote:I think its endearing but I dont get it really.
I am sure he would feel the same way about DAC, except for the endearing bit

How do you like your DAC?
Do you "View posts since last visit" or just click through the forums that seem to have new posts?
Do you use the preview function or do you just smash that submit button?
Do you multi-tab? I open all the threads with new posts on separate tabs and go through them
etc
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I just click through all the threads in a single tab with new posts and then write in the quick reply box downstairs, unless I'm doing something with a lot of formatting like a good ol quote pyramid or making a box with smileys

:chew::chew::chew:

:chew::salute::chew:

:chew::chew::chew:

or emojis or emotes or whatever they are called nowadays hen
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i am much more careful, i can tell you are a wild child, very gung ho style of posting. :dinosaur:

i even format and edit my text messages, although you probably couldn't tell by my posts
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I like appreciating nice things because I am a fancy boi but I mostly agree with the Bourdain take on coffee, 90% of the time I just want something to keep functioning with minimal ritual around it

also don't know that throwing a bunch of milk and other shit in it cheapens the experience, a lot of objectively "good" beans are used to make variations on milk and coffee Image
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

how do I like my DAC?

"View posts since last visit," open whatever looks interesting in a new tab, and use my powers of improvisation on the quick reply box

that's the old school way, that's how I stay sharp :tradition: :respect:
Our Host!