Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 The Movies, Music, and Games thread View next topic
View previous topic
Hyacinth
Wanderer
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Watched it as per your recommendation (hadn't even heard of it before, DAC is my main news outlet for everything), I am conflicted because it's a good movie but I found the film hard to like because I thought the main character was annoyingly distant. Hard to explain, like she acted really well (taking her typecast thing to the exxtreme) but I found it hard to relate to her emotionally on any level? I think that's the main point of movies at least for me, they have to really resonate on some level, doesn't matter whether it's aesthetically or emotionally or intellectually. Everything else is secondary.

Also for the first 15 minutes or so I thought it was a documentary (didn't recognize the lead) and was thinking gee do people really behave like this hahaha god damn I'm dumb

I watched Werner Herzog's Wheel of Time today, it was alright I guess but I didn't get much out of it. I watched a movie yesterday, too, but can't even remember what it was any more
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always felt that whoever told the costume designer that "we need costumes for a bunch of gangbangers, stat" chould have worded it a bit different maybe. I mean I like the costume design, looks like everyone's going trick or treating, but if one of these boys were to tell me "you better speed on before you get peed on", I would be uncertain as to how to interpret it.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic