the worst year

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

the worst year

Post by Megatron »

for me it has to be 2014 because I was unemployed, ran out of money, had to move back home and other sadness and badness

2015 however was GREAT

Do you have any amusing stories about the worst year of you r life? lol :chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I don't think there have been any particularly memorable years in that sense, but then my temporal memory isn't that great. I would say most of my years haven't been good ever since I was 12 or so, but 2005-2010 was the worst stretch. I was heavily depressed and filled with hate, tried half a dozen of different anti-depressants and they all zombified me and turned me into a fatty: changing SSRI medication and adjusting the dosage is a painful process in itself, people usually get worse for a while, thing is I never got better. I also drank a lot around that time and had no real direction in life and had no mental tools to process any of it. I can't think of any exciting stories but I did weird stuff like smashing my head through a window, stabbing myself with scissors, punching my face til I was all bruised up, stuff like that. Never hurt other people though. There was just this feeling of immense pressure building inside my head and no way of releasing it and that's how it manifested when it reached the boiling point I guess. Once I dropped a bag of sliced bread and some of the slices broke and I started crying because I felt like nothing was going my way in life, can't even have non-broken bread for christ's sake. Anyway I had decided that I'll just kill myself if things don't pick up by the time I'm 25, but then they did because of a bit of cognitive behavioral therapy.

2020-2021 has been pretty awful but then I feel like I'm living on borrowed time already so whatever, I can do anything really. Thing is, I've always been pretty prudent so making changes is difficult still haha. Still, I know I'll most likely leave this earth by my own hand some day, maybe that will be the worst year, maybe it will be the best? I know I'm still too much of a coward for that though, that's something I need to work on

I love how at the end of every year people complain like ugh good riddance 1939 what a bad year, let's make the next year awesome! And then they do nothing to make it awesome and post the same thing again. Just kidding I hate it in fact
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

For me it was definitely 2013 - 2014, my bar being a huge nuisance to my mental health and the cancer of my ex fiancé, also having to deal with a miscarriage and being in long distance relationship. I was offered plenty meds, never took them, mostly I relied on alcohol for the release but the shame afterwards when realizing the things you can do totally wasted without a filter really messes up the psyche, the crying in fetal position in a shower is really accurate to how you deal with those kinds of situations.

I do feel a lot of those things have also re-surfaced since I moved back to the home area, lots of closure, sure but also a lot of demons to revisit... 2020 - 2021 has been quite a ride.
Idiots, I'm cooler then you!
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Personally, 2020 is the worst year ever. A pandemic. The death and economic destruction caused by it.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

For me ever year gets worse. I'm a frog in boiling water.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

munchkin wrote:Personally, 2020 is the worst year ever. A pandemic. The death and economic destruction caused by it.
maybe this song will cheer u up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3k2PJumfI
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

2020 was the worst year for me too. Fam got a lot of plans saved on that year, we would have moved to a new house, first travel in europe, and mom's birthday party with all clan attending. But those never happened. I was furious but like everybody else, it's the health of my parents I am more concerned that we've chosed these decisions than doing something we'll regret later.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

2021 is gearing up to be pretty garbage. Dad's dying of cancer, I've ruined one of my feet because the first doctor said it wasn't broken and the bones healed crooked, my degenerative disc disease is getting all degenerative again, and I've got an actual tumor growing off the end of my finger that I'm going to get surgery to remove. Honestly, that last one is kinda neat...If the tumor is in the bone they will have to remove the end of the finger and I'm going to ask to keep it. I'll find out in two weeks.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Could you make a necklace out of it, to bring you good luck in 2022? Sorry to head about your dad, the rest sounds kind of neat as you can just spend more on the computer and play Fallout
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

I have a dear friend in Georgia who lost both parents, 2 weeks apart, from the virus. There truly are no words...
Our Host!