Old but new Fanart

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Damn, dude. Nice.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey guys, it's been a long time. I'm 87 now but still drawing. For the past year I've been working on the Sugarplum Chronicles webcomic. Here's the first part.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

That's pretty awesome. I could never work on one thing, like a comic, for very long. Hope you'll show more of the scenery at some point, seems like a visually interesting magical world thingy
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Thanks Gimp! I just put out the 17th strip this week, but the characters have pretty much stayed in a desolate arctic region the whole time. I'm sort of easing myself into building out the rest of the world. I did do a little flashback strip that shows the interior of a bakery where the gingerbread characters are made-

The whole series is available on Webtoon if you're interested.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Pretty cool. I'm glad to see you're still doing art and this is clearly motivated by that cool candyland art you did years ago.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

@Dogmeatlives Your comic story is really funny man! Thumbs up! :salute:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Senister, that candyland piece I did years and years ago was really the start of this whole journey. I eventually did a boardgame, and then again years later finally decided to tell a comic story in the world of Sugarplum. It's been a nice diversion in the past year as everything has been kind of stressful.

Munchkin, thank you so much for reading! I'm working on strip 18 as I write.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

What do you use for drawing Dogmeatlives?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

For the comic I create thumbnails in my sketchbook, then I go to Clip Studio to pencil and ink the lines. Then I move to photoshop to color. I'm hoping to eventually do it all in Clip Studio, but am still pretty new to the program.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I've heard good things about Clip Studio. I love my iPad and Procreate though, very convenient
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

That's one heck of preparation man, how long before you can complete one comic page?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Senister, that candyland piece I did years and years ago was really the start of this whole journey. I eventually did a boardgame, and then again years later finally decided to tell a comic story in the world of Sugarplum. It's been a nice diversion in the past year as everything has been kind of stressful.

Munchkin, thank you so much for reading! I'm working on strip 18 as I write.
I still haven't been able to convince anyone to play Sugarplum Chronicles with me. I'm just going to wait for my kid to be old enough to play at this rate!
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Thanks Gimp! I just put out the 17th strip this week, but the characters have pretty much stayed in a desolate arctic region the whole time. I'm sort of easing myself into building out the rest of the world. I did do a little flashback strip that shows the interior of a bakery where the gingerbread characters are made-

The whole series is available on Webtoon if you're interested.
Anyone playing Cookie Run Kingdom? This comic tale is almost exactly like that.
Our Host!