FOBOS: The dealio

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

This thread was actually about the console game Fallout Brotherhood of Steel. Or as it's known in the community Fallout Piece of Shit. Not Fallout Tactics or FOT (as it's known here abouts), which had pretty much dropped the Brotherhood of Steel part from it's title by it's release, except for a few out of date websites and the read me text file.

Not that people around here don't hate FOT, they got the storyline wrong, the graphics wrong etc etc. The big difference is that while FOT has it's fans everyone hates FOBOS.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

OH, the ps2 one. I heard about that... heard of it, not much else... so I take it that it sucked Bigfoot dick?
SoldiersOfHope
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SoldiersOfHope »

They are not talking about Fallout Tactics. They are talking about Fallout-BOS. Anyways, as soon as Black Isle left, I started to pray to god that they can make an ok game. They did make one, then they made some garbage piece of crap now known as Fallout-POS.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Thanks for your input.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

+1
���������
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

SoldiersOfHope wrote:They are not talking about Fallout Tactics. They are talking about Fallout-BOS. Anyways, as soon as Black Isle left, I started to pray to god that they can make an ok game. They did make one, then they made some garbage piece of crap now known as Fallout-POS.
My God, a piece of me has just been revealed, the puzzle is almost complete.
SoldiersOfHope
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SoldiersOfHope »

People just think the game itself was bad for Fallout. Well, because of POS Interplay went bankrupt. If Fallout 3 was 95% finished, FA:POS took away the money and time needed to make Fallout 3. So now let us hate Interplay even more about FA:POS (Fallout... Piece of shit.....)
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

dude, youre telling us shit weve known for fucking years.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Manoil wrote:Well... I can see why you guys prettymuch hate Fallout Tactics... it effectively ruins the story, amongst other things. On the other hand, you know, everybody's got an opinion. I mean, I got the demo couple years back, and soon got addicted...

I know it sounds like extreme mental retardation to FoT-hatas, but yeah... I still like it; got it recently and I've been having fun with it. Thing is, though... I haven't played the older ones, per se... I got FO2 maybe 18 months ago, and ended up quitting about 15 minutes in... just... don't like fighting large scorpions... in a temple... with my fists. In any case, I don't really know the previous story, and how important it was to the series, but the dominant things I've heard are that FoT crimps the older story, so... yeah, I guess. But like I said, it all depends. Different people have different opinions.
It Was still better than that Fallout: Brotherhood of steel for the consoles,THAT SUCKED) Fallout Tactics wasnt not a true "fallout" game in my eyes but still a good Post APOC game
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:This thread was actually about the console game Fallout Brotherhood of Steel. Or as it's known in the community Fallout Piece of Shit. Not Fallout Tactics or FOT (as it's known here abouts), which had pretty much dropped the Brotherhood of Steel part from it's title by it's release, except for a few out of date websites and the read me text file.

Not that people around here don't hate FOT, they got the storyline wrong, the graphics wrong etc etc. The big difference is that while FOT has it's fans everyone hates FOBOS.
LMAO, HAH , Ya no one AT ALL likes that FOBOS,( i liked FOT ,but not at all close as much as the originals)
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Damn, 10 years later
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: FOBOS: The dealio

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Heh, a lot of this has aged an interesting way.

I mean nowadays this game would be considered a lot better than 76 I'd say, I mean can you really say that this is still the worst Fallout game in the series, when Bethesda has done a lot worse with 76? Yeah EXACTLY MY POINT! It's astonishing how a new low was reached by Bethesda with that abomination, they really outdid Chuck & company with that one.

:-)
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

hard to compare 76 and fobos except both were milking the license for sum ca$h i guess. if you look at them sort of objectively in a vacuum they're separated by generations of technology (graphics, gameplay mechanics etc have changed a lot); the genres are totally different but both tried to follow the trends of the day, straying pretty far from the fallout ethos and starting to seem more like fallout reskins of generic games; becomes hard to tell which one's the better game per se, or which one's the better fallout game. then if you consider one's subjective experience it'll probably have a big effect on how the games are perceived; fobos was a big disappointment for the fans of fo1 and fo2 hoping for a proper sequel, i'm guessing 76 is in a somewhat similar position for the newer fans whereas the old ones don't really care about the franchise any more so it's hard get disappointed

i dunno i never even played it
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Gimp Mask wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:32 am hard to compare 76 and fobos except both were milking the license for sum ca$h i guess. if you look at them sort of objectively in a vacuum they're separated by generations of technology (graphics, gameplay mechanics etc have changed a lot); the genres are totally different but both tried to follow the trends of the day, straying pretty far from the fallout ethos and starting to seem more like fallout reskins of generic games; becomes hard to tell which one's the better game per se, or which one's the better fallout game. then if you consider one's subjective experience it'll probably have a big effect on how the games are perceived; fobos was a big disappointment for the fans of fo1 and fo2 hoping for a proper sequel, i'm guessing 76 is in a somewhat similar position for the newer fans whereas the old ones don't really care about the franchise any more so it's hard get disappointed

i dunno i never even played it
Fair points, fair points! Heh you know it's funny certain people have actually said that the Fallout Franchise is in some kind of cycle, you know like a curse or something because of a particular pattern it finds itself in.

Pretty much for both the Interplay Era & Bethesda Era there appears to be a certain pattern that games follow...

First Installment: The one that started it all!
Interplay: Fallout 1
Bethesda: Fallout 3

Second Installment: The one that perfected the first Installment's flaws, or at least what it was lacking in. Which would be the direction that fans wanted & preferred going forward.
Interplay: Fallout 2
Bethesda: Fallout New Vegas

Third Installment: The one that took the series into a different direction, which to their credit aren't necessarily bad in their own right, but it's definitely not what the fans wanted in the first place.

Interplay: Fallout Tactics
Bethesda: Fallout 4

Fourth Installment: The one that caused the series to hit rock bottom, so much so that each game marked the end of their own respective era.

Interplay: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
Bethesda: Fallout: 76

:yes:
Echo
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Echo »

Oh, your ridiculous "Fallout cycle" nonsense? Give me a damn break. Trying to slap a pattern on a franchise that went to shit after the first two proper Fallout games is laughable.

Fallout: New Vegas? A pathetic attempt to mimic the real classics. And Fallout 4? Don't even get me started on that watered-down crap.

Now, let's talk about Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout 76 – the abominations of the series. Yeah, they're total disasters, but acting like they're the sole death knells is pure idiocy. Brotherhood of Steel's console catastrophe and Fallout 76's trainwreck launch don't define their eras – they're just extra nails in the coffin.

So, before you keep spouting your nonsense like a broken record, remember that the real Fallout experience died after the first two games. Your fairy tale cycle won't change that bitter truth.
Our Host!