Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Stalagmite wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:Morrorwing is shit mang. :chew:
Try playing Oblivion first, it makes Morro look like a Godsend.
What a one trick pony. Justify shitty game with shittier game. Hey Mite, play BOS, it makes Oblivion look half-decent.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

No thank you. I played for 5 minutes and my hair started balding because of it. Games are just time wasters anyway when you think about it and people who seem to really hate a certain game into calling it "complete shit" are usually just butthurt crum heads who can't fathom the idea that someone else may like them, most probably because their brains are fondled too much towards a their own form of delicate art sensitivities mixed with a repulsed sense of the front and center anguish with a Trotskyist mindset.

I am playing Fallout. It is a good RPG from the 90's and it's too bad interplay, Black Isle, and even Troika could not hold any sense of consistencies with their formations and marketing over the years. Oh well.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

If you think about it, doing anything is a waste of time, because doing something takes time that could have been better spent on doing something else. People whose only interest in a game lies in it being a time-sink should show some consideration to the thinking population and douse themselves in gasoline and light themselves on fire. Life being a finite experience, at least on the individual level, makes time a valuable commodity reserved for experiences that are meaningful and deep.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

I've been playing this wonderful game. The back story really helps you get involved, and feel immersed.
You should all definitely try it.

EDIT:
St. Toxic wrote:...a valuable commodity reserved for experiences that are meaningful and deep.
Like masturbation.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I've finally finished Witcher 2, it alright except combat got kind of lame because the best path was to pump quen to the max for shield. I also felt like there wasn't many weapons or anything and that I kept onto my shit for a lot longer than I should have but I'm not the type who ever buys equipment from sellers because it's a common RPG rule to only get your shit from dead enemies.

Others the last bad thing was the riddles (puzzles?), they were so god damn stupid and didn't make sense. They were all like poems and you had to match the symbol with the line but then they don't even make sense when you get the answer.

So I guess now I have a few choices as to what I should do before Duex Ex 3 comes out. Replay duex ex 1, replay new vegas with all DLC (meh sounds like a lot of work), or try playing through the zelda train game that my mom got me for DS. Any ideas?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Frankly, prefer due sex to a former god meself.

Post by Tofu Man »

Why is it that no one ever spells Desu Ex properly?
St. Toxic wrote:People whose only interest in a game lies in it being a time-sink should show some consideration to the thinking population and douse themselves in gasoline and light themselves on fire.
Sig'd. O wait...
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Found out that a new Jagged Alliance game is being developed. It looks good. Its been a long time since I've seen a good looking isometric squad based game.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Don't worry, it'll be a first person shooter with a 1950s theme before development ends.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I'm sick of gaming right now. Think I'm gonna try a game of RL for a while, considering every game I try to enjoy gets burned to death on the internet...and I listen. :drunk:

Any of you cunts in Melbourne wanna meet up and hit the piss? I'm a generally agreeable fellow who's only violent on occasion and it usually involves motivated ethnics with a chip on their shoulder or various other coward cunts who have it coming.

Just kidding, stay the fuck away from me. :dance:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I'm in Melbourne but poor as fuck at the moment.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

oh ffs it's all yella

Post by Tofu Man »

Any of you fags playing Due Sex yet? I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, myself, I think I'll probably end up eating me hat for saying it'd barely be any better than Alpratocol. Too soon to say tho.

Other than the under par gfx (seems like they spent 95% of all polys on the main char), obnoxious loading times (which are apparently patched by now), general lack of oomph in the sound and daft standard options (concerning mouse and FOV, easily fixed), it's looking good, man, looking good. It doesn't look to have Alpha's pedigree on the writing/voice acting side (Adam Jensen sounds like a fucking tool and central char Sarif sounds like a poor (poorer?) man's "that guy" with a miniature statue of liberty stuck in his windpipe) but it's got it beat on all other sides so far.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Braced for the inevitable Mass Effect comparisons . . .

Post by Blargh »

Honestly, I've been too busy hurling fridges at civilians to actually <strike>advance</strike> play the <strike>narrative</strike> game much at all. Probably because I'm finding improvised weaponised whiteware experimentation more interesting than the plotting. Ehue.

Shockingly, indications point to superior gameplay / inferior reactivity when compared with Michael 'Mike' 'Mikey' 'Agent' Thorton's Shotgun's Pseudo-World Tour . Neither prospect an especially difficult or surprising one, given the professed design goals of the development team.

Grand soundtrack, also.

Overall : FUN. :dance:

:drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

So according to two DaCers whose opinion I respect, this game is actually worth money. While shocked at the verdict, I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll obtain a copy forthwith (forthwith being defined as payday on Wednesday).
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Space Marine is fun, really fun. I've played the demo a few times, and it might just be me being a fanboy of 40k but I genuinely like it and as soon as I get more cash I'm going to buy it. Has anyone else played the demo yet?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Deus Ex seems good but I'm only a few hours into it. I did fall asleep playing it last night but I think it was because I was tired, buyer beware.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

SenisterDenister wrote:Space Marine is fun, really fun. I've played the demo a few times, and it might just be me being a fanboy of 40k but I genuinely like it and as soon as I get more cash I'm going to buy it. Has anyone else played the demo yet?
I've played the demo. It's okay, aside from the nobs pissing me off. Also, I'm not too jazzed about the whole HP vampire mechanic.
- the Vault Dweller
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Just finished DE3. Around 26-ish hours? Plot is kinda straight forward and obvious, and I keep thinking its Bob Page in the intro but its not? Apart from :morality: the ending is shit just like every other DE game where it all comes down to :which button to press: so you can basically reload your game and see all the different endings, but I imagine if you don't pussy stun everyone like I did the narrative at the end might be a little different.

Overall, I liked it. I was over hacking by the end of it, but I had 40 or so stops/nukes and was actually having more of an issue with ammo and energy, since everytime I bothered to max my energy :PLOT ITEM: would drain it all away. And since take downs and smashing walls drains an entire battery, the cell regen shit was useless.

Oh and there's mandatory boss fights, and they can suck a dick.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

What the fuck is "DE3"?

Google search spouts nothing.

EDIT: The new Deus Ex, I take it. of course of course.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Forthwith has become now. It's installing.
- the Vault Dweller
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Played the first mission. Enjoyable so far and I like the cover system, though I left a littered trail of corpses instead of being stealthy so mileage may vary.

The game seems to suffer from a critical ammo shortage.
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!