Ever hate a program so much?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Ever hate a program so much?

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I use excel a lot at work and we do some funky stuff with it but we all use excel 2000 which is cool but then I wanted to try out excel 2007 at work to help begin the process of moving into the future. There are some quirks in 2007 program that piss me off so much that if it was a real person I would punch it so hard in the face. How can they mess up a version of excel when there isn't that many new features in it?

I even called Microsoft's support and they were like "heh, your right. I'll forward it to the development team" then they call me and say that it isn't a high priority problem so it will be a long time before they fix it.

It just really pisses me off how some stupid little things they never thought people were taking advantage of are removed or changed.

Anyways, I'm mostly done updated the mess of documents at work. I like seeing whole complete forms made by a person doing ______ instead of using a table.

What programs make you guys want to break faces?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's proprietary, so I can't name it, but it's a telnet system we use when our God-fearing and righteous Windows-based system decides to shit the bed and stop working.

For those who don't know, in the business world "proprietary system" is code for "piece of shit."
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Retlaw83 wrote:For those who don't know, in the business world "proprietary system" is code for "piece of shit."
I thought "Windows" was code for "Piece of shit".
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Stalagmite wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:For those who don't know, in the business world "proprietary system" is code for "piece of shit."
I think you're confusing windows with Mac :rage:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Yonmanc wrote:
Stalagmite wrote:
I think you're confusing windows with Mac :rage:
I've never used Mac.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

No...me neither... :censored:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

How about Task fucking Manager? Last in the series of Windows Surprises (TM) is Task Manager no longer ending processes, and I'm like shit, how can it fuck up the one thing it's supposed to do?

So now I use a 3rd party Task Manager, first in a long line of shit I could do without having to mess with. I feel like one of those dirty car-tuning peasants with their undercarriage lights and their smelly, baseball cap wearing chav posse.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i hate it if people use anything other than firefox as im like BAH WHY YOURE USING THIS WHY

also anytime my software updates pretty much. never update ever :salute:
:chew:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

ICOTS or Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision is the WORST and most annoying program ever conceived.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Tofu Man wrote:Last in the series of Windows Surprises (TM) is Task Manager no longer ending processes, and I'm like shit, how can it fuck up the one thing it's supposed to do?
We must be living in different realities, because task manager works just fine on every Windows computer I have ever owned.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Wolfman Walt wrote:ICOTS or Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision is the WORST and most annoying program ever conceived.
Are you the DACer that got the Prison Guard job?

Herp Derp- yes.

I used Search.

I should have remembered, but I've been stockpiling imaginary bombs in my online time.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Megatron wrote:i hate it if people use anything other than firefox as im like BAH WHY YOURE USING THIS WHY

also anytime my software updates pretty much. never update ever :salute:
yeah except "never update" translates to "update next week?" pisses me off
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Wolfman Walt wrote:ICOTS or Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision is the WORST and most annoying program ever conceived.
I second that, any software from the state/feds is archaic and backassed. I've got clients that submit shit over dial-up VPNs to the state. 56K modems FFS. They all have broadband already.

I don't give a fuck what anyone's political affiliation is, most things are just beyond their competence.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Retlaw83 wrote:We must be living in different realities, because task manager works just fine on every Windows computer I have ever owned.
's why you'll want to break faces when suddenly it doesn't. Is like "drwatson? dumprep? rundll32? Shit mang, those niggas be trippin all o'er teh place. Not my homeboy Taskman, tho. Nig is solid."
Then the bitch stabs you in the back, how bout that? And you're like "that's just how it goez".
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Tofu Man wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:We must be living in different realities, because task manager works just fine on every Windows computer I have ever owned.
's why you'll want to break faces when suddenly it doesn't. Is like "drwatson? dumprep? rundll32? Shit mang, those niggas be trippin all o'er teh place. Not my homeboy Taskman, tho. Nig is solid."
Then the bitch stabs you in the back, how bout that? And you're like "that's just how it goez".
Why are you ending so many processes? I only end a process when something hang or the like. I remember yesterday I was installing a program that the work computer thought was a virus but I didn't stop it so it kept trying to install until I ended the process but then for another hour I raked up like 35 notifications blips about how a process was blocked.

Anyways we have a "custom" made program at work made by some dude and it literally takes 15-20 seconds to do anything in it. Add it up through out the day and I wouldn't be surprised if people lost about 10 minutes a day due to waiting for it to respond.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Redeye wrote:
Are you the DACer that got the Prison Guard job?

Herp Derp- yes.

I used Search.

I should have remembered, but I've been stockpiling imaginary bombs in my online time.
Actually, it's worse. I got promoted to Probation and Parole Officer. It's a big pay increase, but it means I no longer beat inmates over the head with a flashlight when they act up. I now have to "Talk" to them and then try to convince liberal judges that they do indeed need prison.

It'd be better if I was just allowed to shoot them.

The best part about ICOTS? You HAVE to use it or you just can't do your job. Why? Because it's been made illegal for you to talk to Probation and Parole officers from other states which the offender originates from. So it all has to be done on this HERP DERP program that is total ass. 90% of the people in my office barely understand how to work it.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Wolfman Walt: criminal mastermind extraordinaire.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Why are you ending so many processes? I only end a process when something hang or the like.
This IS windows we're talking about, shit like that happens at least once a boot or w/e. Well not that much but when it does, I want to be able to close whatever crashed and not have to hit reset.
This is what I'm using btw.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... s_Explorer
Been working straight so far, no "oh I'm not closing this, that seems dangerous" bullshit either.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

windows isnt that bad.
:chew:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Megatron wrote:windows isnt that bad.
If you're an unorganized fuck like me it's pretty crappy.
Our Host!