Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Also, you no longer need fires to meditate (you can't do it everywhere, mind, I'm just not sure if it's just exteriors or what) but you can only ingest potions while meditating, which is weird enough but then potions last longer. It sounds a bit iffy, but I haven't played around with it that far to say whether it works or makes sense or not.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

balls. last mission of red dead redemption, the disc makes a funny noise so i take it out and its scratched to fuck and wont play

jeez :( i dont know if its worth bothering getting another copy of the game since theres only like 5 minutes left of the story, i guess. but then its a sandbox game and bla bla. maybe one day.
:chew:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Just rent a copy from a store or borrow a disk from a friend or something.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

none of my friends play games (lol B) ). i emailed rockstar and they said send it to them in new york for a replacement but i need to find the receipt, sheesh.

i think my xbox is on its way out anyway, all the red lights keep flashing and it freezes all the time. i cant afford a replacement and more and more shits based around having a DLC or a big multiplayer component or jacking off some UV light in front of a spinning mirror, whcih i dont really give a fuck about. might wait until the next thing comes out and catch up then.
:chew:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Demon's Souls. pretty far.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Finished Crysis 2. I like power armor.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

So, I got the witcher (the first game) on GoG since twas quite cheap, and have played for two hours or so. But I feel that the combat system is weird and poopy.... I knew I wouldnt like the combat part since its an action game but I had hoped the story everyone is talking about would make up for it. Now I'm not so sure. Any point to keep playing?
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

MK and some Dead Space 2.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Mismatch wrote:So, I got the witcher (the first game) on GoG since twas quite cheap, and have played for two hours or so. But I feel that the combat system is weird and poopy.... I knew I wouldnt like the combat part since its an action game but I had hoped the story everyone is talking about would make up for it. Now I'm not so sure. Any point to keep playing?
I'm probably the only person in the world who did not mind Twitcher's combat, plus the alchemy system was pretty kickass as well. The story was actually the only thing that made me STOP playing it, due to taking itself way too seriously. Give me a good lighthearted bloody adventure anyday over moody stuff.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Yeah... played some moar and so far it plays like a low budget movie...
SenisterDenister

Is there a PC copy of A Bard's Tale? I've always wanted to play it.

Chapter 13 in Dead Space 2, after I cleared out a room and nearly spent all my ammo I went back to a save point so that way I wouldn't have to worry about it if I died again, but after I died and went back into the room EVERYTHING FUCKING RESPAWNED. I raged and called it a night, luckily I didn't save over the previous one at that spot, so I'm not down and out.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I think Witcher is worth playing through once, it's not much of an RPG and there's no replayability. Combat is twitchy and repetitive. Lot's of fetch quests and shit. At least the story has a little edge to it.
Is there a PC copy of A Bard's Tale? I've always wanted to play it.
I used to have a copy on 5.25" floppies. :blackeye:
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
SenisterDenister

I mean the remake, I knew it was one, but the PC's I have now don't even have floppy drives any more.

I picked up The Witcher when it was on sale too. I'm glad I didn't spend more than five bucks for it, it sounds like.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:I think Witcher is worth playing through once, it's not much of an RPG and there's no replayability. Combat is twitchy and repetitive. Lot's of fetch quests and shit. At least the story has a little edge to it.
Yes it had a nasty edge that was cuttingly painful, but hey if that's what you like all the power to you. +1 up
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

SenisterDenister wrote:I mean the remake, I knew it was one, but the PC's I have now don't even have floppy drives any more.
I've never heard one good bit of feedback about it, it went ultra-campy, but in a trying too hard to be funny but not being funny at all way.

Too bad as Fargo was behind it, and IIRC he still has the Wasteland license too. But that Bard's Tale remake doesn't bode well. I'd rather see a Wasteland remake with Fargo producing it than another Fallout game from Bethesdouche.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I've recently got a new laptop, and wouldn't ya know it, I've FINALLY got a chance to play Civ 4. Bit late to the party I admit, but usually laptops that can play games have usually been out of my price range. So that's what i've been playing of late. Oh, and I played Empire Earth today cos I picked it up in a bargain bin.

It's shit.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Yonmanc wrote: It's shit.
Yeah, I remember borrowing it from a roommate, and it jut had this pedantic, heavy handed narrative slapped over a clone of Age of Empires, which by then, was a pretty tired formula.
SenisterDenister

Super Smash Bros Melee with some highschool friends of mine. We have to re-unlock everything which sucks. I almost have no intention of doing the 15 Man Minute Melee again.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Attempting my first complete playthrough of Deus Ex
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I tried to look if there's been any interesting new releases in the last 6 months. Didn't find any so I fired up trusted ol' Hearts of Iron III. B)
Our Host!