Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I haven't seen where the wild things are but it wasn't really out in theaters long so I'm guessing it will be on DVD real soon. I vaguely remember the book being read to me in like the 1st grade, the monsters always looked odd.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

t'was pretty good
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Susan!
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

jet :onelove:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

:hug:

I still haven't seen Avatar. All of my friends were like YEAH LETS GO YEAH WOO and then no one actually did.

Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Yeah, saw that.

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's not real ?! :omfg:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

just saw the flick and I have to say that it was fucking fantastic and one of the most powerful anti-war flicks I've seen in a long long time... maybe ever perhaps. Now you may be saying "DML, how can you seriously think of this blue man movie as some great anti-war flick"- ok i'll tell you-- it makes the whole thing fresh for me. I have seen humans killing humans and its just what we do to one another, but when you bring it to another world it just made the impact on me much stronger. I think that cameron used cliched characters, plot, actions to reinforce his point of view.

I def have a gripe with folks who took issue with the "simple" plot... are you fucking kidding me? the plot was fine... "but its just john smith and pocahantas".... well, fuck, ok but did john smith travel across the galaxy to walk around in a native body and eventually turn on his own species in order to protect some kind of giant hard drive planet.....??? Fucking NO!! so settle the fuck down and, yeah...

I think good sci-fi uses the strange and insanely foreign in order to shine a spotlight on humanity's best and worst characteristics and Avatar does this brilliantly.

I love how Cameron makes his opinion so fucking clear in this film. He is saying that we need to completely change our focus or we can be damned as a species, damned to a never ending quest for the next piece of land to destroy. The message is so fucking clearly stated that its brilliant.

This was a great film, great science fiction. It did something very new as well. It brought us deeply into an alien world that I believe was lovingly imagined and was also backed up by scientific theories involving possible life on other planets. In this way, I don;t think any film or documentary has given us a clearer, more spectacular view of an alien world. I loved it. It def beats out district 9 and Moon as the sci-fi flick of '09. thanks you and good night.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Dogmeatlives wrote:boo-fucking-hoo
���������
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I saw it last night, was pretty good, but not "all that".
The plot isn't shitty, but the visuals definitely overwhelm everything else.
Dogmeatlives wrote: I think good sci-fi uses the strange and insanely foreign in order to shine a spotlight on humanity's best and worst characteristics and Avatar does this brilliantly.
It wasn't all that foreign though, Amerindian tribe, Viet Nam style war (Heuey-clone choppers - "get some!"), WTC type attack.
These are old Cameron themes.
I love how Cameron makes his opinion so fucking clear in this film.
It was very hamfisted at times.
The Giovanni Ribisi character and Stephen Lange were really cliched.
I am heartless, soulless business man this is psycho military officer and we're the bad guys. Oooooooo. They were right out of the "Cliche Bad Guy's Handbook" without the twirling mustaches. Ribisi and especially Lange are awesome actors and their talents were really wasted on characters that are just bad for their own sake, they make no attempt to deeped those characters. Just greedy business man and belligerent soldier.

Due to this, the message isn't complicated at all, there's no grey area, it's not multifaceted it's over simplified
Business and military is bad.
Trees and science are good.
in RL it's not that simple, and I don't think it serves the purpose of your message to portray it such.

There's also this weird Cameron things I can never reconcile.
It goes back to the Reese going back in time to fuck his best friend's mother, thus becoming his father in the process. I don't know how you reconcile this.

THen in this movie, you have a guy, who's basically a mental ventriloquist who gets involved romantically with a blue chick. How does she reconcile the fact that she's banging a cloned mannequin controlled by a quadriplegic alien? And she's cool with all that?

I will say I almost cried a couple times, but that was because of the bong hits I think.
I get verklempt when I watch sappy movies lifted. :Talk amongst yourselves:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

I keep hearing people call this movie good, do I really have to watch it?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I watched it some time ago and didn't give half a fuck. Then again I have taken a lot of drugs and haven't become all too addicted.

All in all it's like a day trip to Aqua World on acid... but then you realize you went to Safari Park instead.

Also speaking of parks, the ruthlessly reused sounds from Jurassic Park made me angry! I was constantly pissed off watching it!
���������
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

LOL, and i have the same thoughts Dogmeat had. TRUST ME I KNOW. ;D
good movie. cool looking, the whole idea we need to change our attidude about the way we live is good.. even though its been used thousands of times.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

um..avatar is a crap movie. Sure it has nice 3d effects but is this one to remember for anything but that?
No.. movie sucked. Nothing original there, not even the avatar.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Visually astonishing (still not a big fan of 3D, it's still a very flawed and, overall, flash not substance addition to film), but a severely flawed swiss-cheese writing and story made for an overall bad movie.

MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

We need a "like" feature on Dac. I would totally "like" jeybabys post.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Like your monobrow?
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

What suprises me most about Dogmeat's review? That the word "jew" never once entered it. I'm floored. His street cred is officially gone.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Dogmeatlives wrote:just saw the jew and I have to say that it was fucking fantastic and one of the most powerful jew flicks I've seen in a long long time... maybe ever perhaps. Now you may be saying "DML, how can you seriously think of this jew movie as some great jew flick"- ok i'll tell you-- it makes the whole thing jewish for me. I have seen humans killing jews and its just what we do to jews, but when you bring it to another world it just made the impact on me much stronger. I think that jew used cliched jews, plot, actions to reinforce his point of view.

I def have a gripe with jews who took issue with the "simple" plot... are you fucking kidding me? the plot was fine... "but its just john smith and pocahantas".... well, fuck, ok but did john smith travel across the galaxy to walk around in a native jew body and eventually turn on his own jews in order to protect some kind of giant hard drive jewtopia.....??? Fucking NO!! so settle the fuck down and, yeah...

I think good jews use the strange and insanely foreign in order to shine a spotlight on humanity's best and worst characteristics and Jewvatar does this brilliantly.

I love how Camer-jew makes his opinion so fucking clear in this jew film. He is saying that we need to completely change our focus or we can be damned as jews, damned to a never ending quest for the next piece of land to jew-stroy. The message is so fucking clearly stated that its jewish.

This was a great film, great jew fiction. It did something very jewish as well. It brought us deeply into an jew world that I believe was lovingly imagined and was also backed up by jew theories involving possible jews on other planets. In this way, I don;t think any film or documentary has given us a clearer, more spectacular view of an jew world. I loved it. It def beats out district 9 and Jew as the sci-fi flick of '09. thanks you and good night.

jew jew jew
Walt, I think you need to re-read it...
Our Host!