Iron Man 2 (with minor spoilers)

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Which of the two beers do you prefer?

Beck's.
25%
Zywiec.
75%

Total votes: 4

Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Iron Man 2 (with minor spoilers)

Post by Dreadnought »

"I went and saw it."

Prologue

Before I get into it, I must say that I had the unfortunate experience of having German people sitting somewhere close to me. It seemed that it was a German couple and SHE didn't see the first movie but HE did, so he explained her a few things, but he shut up in the first quarter of the movie, so there was no brawling.

Revue

IRON MAN 2 combined many of the Iron Man comics into one fully functioning movie, which was very well done in my opinion. Unlike previously claimed by fanbois, it doesn't involve Stark going all :piss-head: on us, but there's something more sinister poisoning his body and soul. PCP and gheypr0n.
Another point of interest is SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT Captain America's Shield, which makes a cameo in a very ironic way.
There is some solid badassery going on, as well as some nice tech shit, and there's also a parrot, nigga stealing a <strike>bike</strike> suit and a Hammer-Roid attack. :drunk:
The movie teaches you one very important lesson:

It's important to :hi5: your buddies.
NSFW http://blogs.pervnetwork.com/GoGoCeleb/ ... eb1021.jpg
They finally do it.

Mickey Rourke pulls off an ok Russian accent, the women are hot, there were lots of moments where I couldn't resists but <strike>yell FART FART COCK BUTT and</strike> laugh and/or giggle <strike>while vigorously slapping people with my penis at random</strike>. I had a good time and I recommend this movie as it managed to keep me entertained most of the time. Awkward moments between Tony and Potts were a bit tedious, but obviously are part of THE GAME (which you just lost btw.) so they were ok, too. My penis twitched several times, as I saw the hotnessess...es. I should've gotten some snacks, but I drank Polish beer which was very nice. Zywiec. Try it if you get a chance. And see the movie. High... and drunk. Like it did.

I give it:

4/5 Ways to discover new elements by leveling the mass collider with the actual element you're about to (re)discover... by means of... mass colliding stuff and shit.. :durr hurr hurrp furp:

Oh, and spoiler ends here. :)
And I also just switched to Beck's because I ran out of that Polish brew about an hour ago.
Last edited by Dreadnought on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I think I actually tried that beer last week. There's an off-licence next to my girlfriend's that stocks various different Polish beers. I was quite pleased actually.
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

I saw it today guys
Like petals
Falling from a dying rose
So does my tears

-Smiley
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Oh, and stay till after the credits.
���������
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't know why people do it but when you make a review with spoilers then it kind of sucks shit for anyone who hasn't seen the movie and wants to see if its worth their time. Gosh I must be the only good reviewer on the internet.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

The only spoiler is that there's a cameo of C. Am.'s shield, which is a cameo, so essentially not important to the plog. Also, most your reviews stink.
���������
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

worst review ever, mine was way better. Quality not quantity dreadcock.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

You made a review?
���������
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Dreadnought wrote:The only spoiler is that there's a cameo of C. Am.'s shield, which is a cameo, so essentially not important to the plog. Also, most your reviews stink.
Plus there's some video/CD chain around here called FYI and they've had posters of Iron Man holding Captain America's shield up for about two months now. I remembered walking past and thinking, "Is that motherfucker holding Captain America's shield?" then getting on with my life.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah, my point. Also I just giggled a bit when I saw MR Worn saying "quality over quantity", as he talks shit like a waterfall.
���������
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Dreadcock on the other hand has 3600 quality posts hahaha
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

iu watched it last night. i liked the original more as it was more about him being drunk and shit. this one was more ;'fun' i guess but i didnt really think anything bad would happen anytime = no real suspense. zwyziec is also a good beer i think maybe try tyskie anyway the best part about the movie was probably micky rouke as it gives you a chance to DU A RUSHAN AKSENT on the way out a bit. worth seeing but i dont like ac/dc
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Okay I saw it on Imax on friday and thought it was a pretty okay movie but it had some problems I didn't like. The avengers stuff in the movie was pretty stupid and didn't feel like it fit well in the movie and just seemed kind of tacked on for whatever reason. They could have easily just cut that out of the movie and made it better. The batter between Downey and Gywneth got a bit old and seemed a bit over used at points. Then at the end it really just felt lackluster for some reason, they killed the bad guy too easily and then it was over.

Also waiting after the credits to see some stupid screen of a hammer for I guess that thor movie was a giant waste of time but there was a ton of people waiting for it. I would say about 3/4 of the theater didn't get up out of their seat when the credits were rolling for about 5 minutes.

What I liked about the movie was the idea of the government trying to take over iron man and the hearings, the competing industry guy, Micky Rourke, and I liked how Downey found a new element but I felt like that could have been done better to make it feel more soul searching and then iron man comes out rejuvenated or something. Superhero movies need more Superman 2 vibes to it.

Hopes you like my review.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

i liked it. great popcorn movie. not saying it was better than #1, but i'm pretty sure i liked it more. thought it had more interesting character development, less time spent on exposition ("hey, wonder if i can make an Iron Man suit, lol!") and more time admitting that what you are is a witty super-hero movie.

p.s. Scarlett Johansson.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

for whatever reason
Avengers movie in 2012. It's not really tacked on, just the narrative hasn't really been expanded on too much, so unless you know about comics, "Avengers Initiative" is meaningless to you. It's a nerdgasm to me.

The hammer at the end is Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. Thor being the next major marvel release followed by Captain America and then the Avengers movie. This Avengers movie has been building up since the original Iron Man film with Stark appearing in the last Hulk movie after the credits.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Saw it a couple of nights ago. The humour was non-existant, the beginning almost made me gag, I rolled my eyes more than once and almost fell asleep in the end. The movie thus gets a solid 3.5/5 on my scale of Hollywood movies, perhaps a 1/5 on the real scale.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Scarlett J is a terrible actress with large juicy breasts and a nice butt in Lost in Translation. That's about it.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

cazsim83 wrote:large juicy breasts and a nice butt
Tell that to your 59 year old mother of a wife. :drunk:
���������
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Captain Caveman > Captain America.