Man i want this amp!

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Man i want this amp!

Post by Kickstand27 »

I cant believe there is one of these in such good condition out there.
Possibly one of the best tones money can buy.

Ampeg SB-12-XT

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMPEG-B12-XT-Portaf ... 45f1af2f75
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I Honestly dont know the wattage of this amp.. it could be 30 watts.. Not sure.. dont know
This Amp sounds Fantastic.. Rolling Stone Sounds... Rolling stones Used Ampegs A lot.
Are you sure you want it?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

haha

that guy doesnt know jack about his own amp, which is sad!

if youll indulge my music nerdery:

when those amps first came out, they were great because a lot of artists still had string arrangements, organs and so on just to make enough noise to fill a concert hall. this amp was one of the game changers in music history! it was a 50W class A tube amp.. (doesnt seem like much, butits class A all the way)
i used to own the b-18-x model and could kick myself for letting it go. its the same head as that. has some sweet tone, and has a great natural overdrive when you get on it. and reverb? no it doesnt have reverb, instead it has a knob that effects DIMENSION-ension-ension-ension!

the x denotes that the amp was made for guitar, bass and keyboards. the heads of these are part of the cab too. they flip over with the tiered electronics on the inside for transport..

the only bad thing about them was that they weigh like 100 lbs, which sucks for any gigging musician that coupled with the fact that the original handles are like fucking knives that cut into your hand..

i would sell my first born for one
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Oh fuck off. Stop wanking over hardware and improve your skills instead. Its cheaper and you wont suck as much.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

:blahblah:
no one is forcing you to read my posts, or listen to any of my music.
if you got a problem, its yours alone.
I am quite aware of my bastardized playing style and am not out emulate some malmsteen type of guitar wanker or even try to take over the world. i am perfectly cool with that.

its just a fact that the amp above has some of the greatest tone ever. :shrug:
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I like digital amps, but i dont really know much about amps because we live in apartments now and just play my guitar without an amp. Although i downloaded a program that acts as any kind of effects pedal and stuff. Its cool, bad thing is.. it uses a driver program which emulates something about audio drivers.... but the bad thing is, i cant use my media player to listen to music while i play..... idk why.
If anyone can help me with this problem i would be very happy. The program is called ASIO4ALL and i have been looking for a solution.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Psychoul wrote:Although i downloaded a program that acts as any kind of effects pedal and stuff. Its cool, bad thing is.. it uses a driver program which emulates something about audio drivers.... but the bad thing is, i cant use my media player to listen to music while i play..... idk why.
If anyone can help me with this problem i would be very happy. The program is called ASIO4ALL and i have been looking for a solution.
set your media player output device to something else than ASIO4ALL and it should work? i think ASIO only allows output from one app at the time but you should be able to use ASIO simultaneously with directsound or whatever

ASIO is a low latency driver for windows, meaning there won't be (as much of) a delay between you plucking your banjo and the sound coming out of your headphones/speakers

if you're playing via computer you might want to look into guitar rig 4, not sure if it's actually any good for guitars though
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

ve never run across that kind of conundrum, but for digi/computer playing, i use sequel. its pretty decent: has a lot of cab modelers and effects you can add just running a line in. It also has some good preset rythm loops and is a sequencing/recording program so its pretty good for phrase training. good luck!
Our Host!