Fallout 3: How to do Total Conversions?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
D-Day
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 3: How to do Total Conversions?

Post by D-Day »

G'day all, as Im reasonably new to modding i thought id come here and ask a few questions from people who might know a bit xD.

My first question is: I want to make a total conversion mod, and obviously for this i need to remove all the quests, NPC's items etc. that are related to the FO3 story. Is there an easy way to do this in the editor?

2nd: How do i remove the FO3 intro sequence (growing up scenes) and start a new character just plonked anywhere on the map?

3rd: Is there a way to edit the main player/avatar thing so that i can make my 'heros' look pre-defined/un-alterable etc.

4th: If some one could link me to a page on how to make custom interfaces, GUI type stuff, and remove the need for the "Pipboy" and replace it with a more classical pause/inventory/map menu etc, that would be awesome.

I realise there are a lot of things that prolly wont get answered as the G.E.C.K is still reasonably new, and yes ive done all the GECK wiki tuts but they dont really help in this case. xD

So, any thoughts/comments would be helpful.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Yeah, maybe no.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

We don't like yer kind around hee!
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Fishing, No Bytes?

Post by 4too »

Fishing, No Bytes?

From my driveway, FO3 lower priority then RL, eating, sleeping, web surfing, lurking, spamming on select forums.

Since the hype hysteria has gone philosophically ballistic equating the B-soft sim sandbox with 'art',
I figure I've missed the Rapture, or some ecclesiastical equivalent,
and will just have to freeze in the dark, or die in a fire,
like the rest of the 99.9% of the ape descendants (both of Intelligent and or random origin) all trapped on star ship Earth.

Meanwhile, Real Life as we knew it dances on ...

Not sure what is here @ DAC, or @ NMA don't care about mod's right now, have yet to do the vanilla FO3 version.

NMA does have mod threads and links and cross ties to fallout3nexus.

Oblivion moders founded fallout3nexus?

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

Also check out Briosafreak's latest stair step to heaven,

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/

nice flash map counting all the grains of sand in B-soft's box.

4too
D-Day
SDF!
SDF!

Post by D-Day »

Thanks 4too, ill try those other sites and have a look around. I'm still hopeful that some one here might know how to help me out a bit too :joy:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

entertainer wrote:Yeah, maybe no.
lulz.

I'm sorry for the misconception nubsauce (D-Day), but we haven't put much research into FO3 here at DACK. Matterafact, we haven't put much of anything but despair into FO3, as that's all most of us have managed to take from it.

Go to the Vault wiki, or elsewhere if actual answers are what you seek. Otherwise, you're just a target. Seriously.
Our Host!