Mass Effect

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

Get STALKER, some people say its bad (i honestly don't know why) but i liked it's atmosphere, and the game is acutal pretty good too.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

My computer is pretty poo-poo.. I barely run COH and that's the newest game I own.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Dogmeatlives wrote:My computer is pretty poo-poo.. I barely run COH and that's the newest game I own.
These days a true supercomputer can be had for a few hundred of your hard earned dineros. I still kick myself for payin eight bills in upgrades for my comp i still use today...which is now hitting the point of obsolescance.

True friends buy friends brand name for christmas i say. My bro is still enjoying his Dell XPS he got for his birthday...

edit: oh yea, you can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you can run CoH im pretty sure...
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

jimmypneumatic wrote: edit: oh yea, you can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you can run CoH im pretty sure...
COH is a bit less system intensive. You could probably run stalker, but by god you wouldn't want to see the result.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I don't really want to play Buck Rogers D&D right now (even though I loved KOTOR... to death but thats a star wars thing), especially since its only on one system, which I don't have.

p.s.:Is stalker really that system intensive? I heard that game is ancient...
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I just finished it and I wasn't as pleased as others have been with the game. First of it doesn't really feel like my dialog choices matter that much because what the main character says could apply to most of the dialog choices. The exploration is fun for a bit but it turns into a boring generic treadmill, most of the side quests involve you traveling some where and clearing out a spaceship full of bad guys or collecting shit. I don't know where people are getting these interesting side quests because I haven't seen many at all.

Overall the game is decent but didn't really live up to what I was expecting it to be. Everyone talked about how the dialog would be so awesome so I was expecting some serious descisions when speaking to people but it didn't show up. I must have used my charm stat maybe less than 15 times and for the most part it didn't matter anyways. I also put lots of points into the charm too.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Well that sounds like shit. Thanks for the warning Pooper. I was gonna grab this to pass some time but sounds like a hype-job and homie don't play that.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

Splatterpope wrote:
jimmypneumatic wrote: edit: oh yea, you can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you can run CoH im pretty sure...
COH is a bit less system intensive. You could probably run stalker, but by god you wouldn't want to see the result.
i've seen some pretty strange results from the stalker engine, so i wouldn't be so sure. it ran like a dream on my 2 year old laptop, for instance. after all, it only uses dx eight-and-a-half.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Jesus christ, every time I'm at my friend's house, everyone in the house is either playing this or Rockband on the 3 different Xbox360s throughout the house... startin to piss me off
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Army of 2 - pretty bueno.

picking up RB6V2 today - get back to you on what it's like. I like shooting games where you can't take a hundred shots to the chest and walk away.
Unlike Army of 2 of course :eyebrow:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yes it is. I kinda find little use in the whole Pimping-out weapons thing, but otherwise, the game is beautiful.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

the whole "pimping" thing is for ghetto trash only - not us lower middle class Americans, amirite? :eyebrow:

Although, there's hardly anything more satisfying than blasting a guy close range with a shotgun and watching him flip backwards.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

So when did they decide they were going to release on PC? I saw "coming soon" boxes at EB.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

shortly after it was "exclusive" release for XBox. Some tool even wanted to try and push for a class action lawsuit over it.
Last edited by Stainless on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

People should be getting on their knees and kissing biowares feet or whoever decided to bring it to PC. I certainly wasn't expecting it to come to PC, never the less so soon.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

cazsim83 wrote:the whole "pimping" thing is for ghetto trash only - not us lower middle class Americans, amirite? :eyebrow:

Although, there's hardly anything more satisfying than blasting a guy close range with a shotgun and watching him flip backwards.
True that, bru. The whole circle-up thing seems a bit far-fetched but all the same it is gratifying.
Stainless wrote:shortly after it was "exclusive" release for XBox. Some toll even wanted to try and push for a class action lawsuit over it.
Not the first time an exclusive has been bought out. I'm happy that MGS4 will be on Xbox 360, just not that it will be several months after the PS3 release. I'm still hoping they also make the jump to PC, but... I'm doubtful. Took years for them to get MGS2 to PC and I'm still unaware if they ever made a PC version of Snake Eater.

Sad times, we live in.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:People should be getting on their knees and kissing biowares feet or whoever decided to bring it to PC. I certainly wasn't expecting it to come to PC, never the less so soon.
Really? Even after Jade Empire set forth the same exact path?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

AFAIK Jade empire was never slated as being a XBOX EXCLUSIVE TITLE THAT WILL NEVER COME TO PC EVER BECAUSE MR GATES SAYS FUCK YOU.

Also, jade empire sucks.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Es ist Erdnussbutter Marmeladen Zeit!

rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

ROFL.
Our Host!