Hitman Blood Money

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Hitman Blood Money

Post by atoga »

http://www.hitmanbloodmoney.com/

Yay. The site doesn't say anything, but just thinkin' about it makes me happy. Let's hope it's longer than Contracts.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Hmm, hopefully it WILL ALLOW THE PLAYER TO KEEP MELEE WEAPONRY this time. Knives. Mmmm. :drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It already made this years "Most violent games" list according to some organization intent on keeping videogames out of kids hands.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

'Twould be nice were they to embrace content education and age requirements in lieu of censorship. Knowing them, they'll try for the former and commit to the latter. Whores, turtles and whores.

Idealism is so depressing. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Wolfman Walt wrote:It already made this years "Most violent games" list according to some organization intent on keeping videogames out of kids hands.
San Andreas is also on that list, and it's not violent in the least. What kind of a backwards world do we live in?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

SA is psychologically violent D;
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Turning white Christians into black muthafuckahs doesn't go over well with the bible thumpers.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

:chew:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Hm, looks fairly promising, but 47's face is rather strange in some of the screenies.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like how he looks like robocop instead of a beautiful woman. Since he's an assassin with 47 chromosomes cloned from a bunch of other ugly people it makes a bit of sense he looks a bit demented.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, 47 looks a bit... older? And a bit tanned, perhaps?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

'Tis obvious, 47 was on hiatus after the tribulations of Contracts. Everyone needs a holiday after slaughtering numerous French police officers and operatives.

47 WENT TO HAWAIIIIIIIIIII. :drunk:
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

The game looks cool, but a bit noobified. I guess there's a picture-in-picture type pop up window that shows you when your victims are at thier weakest, and you can spend money to get "hints" and intel about missions, making them easier. Plus there's a "super easy Rookie mode".

There's nothing wrong with this, I guess, but I kind of liked planning my own attack in the previous games and then learning from my mistakes. Maybe you can still do this in the new one, but the article I read on it had "simplified" and "broader audience" peppered all over the story.

Other features that seem cool:

-Depending on how you take out a hit, the newspapers can either percieve it as an accident or a massacre.

-You can spend money to shut the papers up if you're too obvious. If you don't, your picture is all over the place, making subsequent contracts harder.

-The game takes place as 47 is interviewed by the FBI, and as they quiz him, you go into the 13 levels.

-Hiding bodies in crates and freezers.

-Pushing victims and bodies over ledges.

-"instant" stealth kills in elevators where 47 decends and garrotes them from above.

-Smarter guards who dispose of weapons and discovered corpses.

It's supposed to be coming out in October.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Its about the only game I would ever pre-order.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

satanisgreat wrote:The game looks cool, but a bit noobified. I guess there's a picture-in-picture type pop up window that shows you when your victims are at thier weakest, and you can spend money to get "hints" and intel about missions, making them easier. Plus there's a "super easy Rookie mode".
Link to the interview? From what I've read they've made it more complex, like all the stuff you can do to sniper-rifles and you can't just run through a level shooting everybody as the next levels will be harder (though you still can do it)

check out hitmanforum for the down-low alrite G B) lol
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Megatron wrote:Link to the interview?
I had just read it in a magazine before I saw this thread, so there's no link. And I really can't be arsed to write the entire article, so I just quoted the important stuff.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

satanisgreat wrote:-The game takes place as 47 is interviewed by the FBI, and as they quiz him, you go into the 13 levels.
Oh man, flashbacks suck. Does it continue where Contracts left?
stanisgreat wrote:-Smarter guards who dispose of weapons and discovered corpses.
Perhaps they'll finally react to pools of blood?
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Kashluk wrote:Oh man, flashbacks suck. Does it continue where Contracts left?
I think Contracts was more of a remake of the first Hitman than a true sequel. I only played a little bit of Contracts because it seemed too similar to 2 and I got a bit bored, but I've heard most of the levels were remade from the first Hitman. I've never played the first one, either, so I'm just passing on what I've heard.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well there was this whole worldwide-conspiracy-cliffhanger-ending in Contracts, so that's why I thought it'd be logical to continue the story from there... If I've got it right Contracts was set *after* Hitman 2, the flashbacks being from both H1 and H2 (time-line wise, I mean) + stuff that happened post-H2?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Contracts had flashbacks referring to both prior games. I cannot recall any indication that the non-flashback levels were set after the events of the first two games, or were of similar time frames, only not seen before, or such. Could be either. :drunk:
Our Host!