Pete Hines responds

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Pete Hines responds

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

<b>brillo</b> let me know that <b>Pete Hines</b> has <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... sponded</a> over on <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</a> to the recent magazine articles.<blockquote><i>No, like I said, there are no devs for Fallout 3. Todd is the executive producer for both Oblivion and Fallout 3. Knowing who it is that will be in charge of the project is a bit different than having developers on the team to talk about things they've decided to do, or not to do. Again, those people still don't exist.
<br>
<br>The stuff hitting the magazines now was all done at the same time as the online interviews that appeared back when we announced we obtained the rights to Fallout 3, except for the Game Informer bit, which was done a few weeks afterwards.</i></blockquote>This is positive news. I think that <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com">Bethesda</a> said a lot of stuff early on that didn't really mean much as they hadn't worked out what they were going to do with the license. As <b>Exitium</b> said in <a href="irc://irc.gamesurge.net/fallout">#fallout</a> (DAC's IRC channel), "<i>just ideas being tossed around</i>". So is turn-based combat and a top-down view still a possibility?
<br>
<br>Thanks for the tip, <b>brillo</b>.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

fuck, all theese news and shit are getting me really confused...
one day news say "All is lost,."
And then the other day bethsoft say:
"Disregard that"
And 3days later all looks bad again....

and teatime... are you bloody omnipresent or summit? You seem to be around posting things 24h/day.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

well i work full time... but over the weekends i'm on a lot. and work can be boring and I know how to scan the news sites in 5 minutes for any news that people have missed...
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Admit it, you're like me, ""sleep is for the weak", right?

"makes another pot of pitch-black coffee*
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I used to be here 'round the clock, but skewl is taking alot of time.
does this work
Sykotik
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sykotik »

Tank wrote:Admit it, you're like me, ""sleep is for the weak", right?
That's "sleep is for the week. In class. When you should be listening to the geezer at the front of the lecture hall".

Yeah, it's not that smart. :q
Tits.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

They should seriously think about launching the official FO3 website which only says "nothing to talk about, go away asshole" or something to that effect.
NeVeRLiFt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NeVeRLiFt »

Thanks for the great news and updates.
Between DAC and NMA I feel confident that there is some hope the developers will know what the fans of Fallout are looking for :)

Keep up the great work!!
iAMD64. µ
The World is changed, Some say Awakened.
It's 13:53:33 . Do You Know Where Your Meat Body Is?
Shadowrunner by trade...
Sykotik
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sykotik »

NeVeRLiFt wrote:Between DAC and NMA I feel confident that there is some hope the developers will know what the fans of Fallout are looking for :)
And blatantly ignore it, because "omg turn based is so '98!! top-down, whassat? some new supercool console we can peddle our horseshit on??" :|
Oh, I'm sorry, was I being negative?
Tits.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

DAC has better forums than NMA :)
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

It is true. I can't use NMA since they won't allow people with hotmail accounts to sign up.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think that policy originated from DAC?
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

Well, I was able to sign up for DAC using a hotmail e-mail account...
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Just use the email account you got thru your ISP.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Well, if Todd's got his heart set on goggle-tastic 3D, then goggle-tastic 3D is prolly what he's going to demand from his team, what?
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

Stevie D wrote:Well, if Todd's got his heart set on goggle-tastic 3D, then goggle-tastic 3D is prolly what he's going to demand from his team, what?
Uh, was anyone expecting 2D?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Not as such :confused2:

All I need is the Fallout feel, and turnbased combat... bugger all else, just give me that and i'll call it Fallout 3...

If it's a real time combative RPG with an open-ended storyline I'll call it Fallout:Nuclearwinter Nights.

:chainsaw:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I don't mind sprite graphics. Especially because 2d environments lend themselves to higher-quality artwork. Wait nevermind, let's not get into another graphics vs. artwork debate D:
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

There's just little point in even considering sprite based graphics, with Bethesda in charge...

Hell.. interesting point brought to mind: They are touting this being a dark, horrifically violent game in the fallout style of utter mutilation.. and i fully expect the Bloody Mess trait will be included... Imagine Fallouts style of violence with a next-gen 3d engine? :pelvic_thrust: :lalala: :evil_laugh: :eyebrow:
brillo
Regular
Regular

Post by brillo »

T-900 wrote:There's just little point in even considering sprite based graphics, with Bethesda in charge...
I don't think there'd be a point with anyone in charge. :) As much as the thought of a hand drawn/animated FO makes me drool, I can't even come close to imagining something like that released today. And honestly, I'd have a hard time seeing even a pre-rendered version like the first two get released.
T-900 wrote:Hell.. interesting point brought to mind: They are touting this being a dark, horrifically violent game in the fallout style of utter mutilation.. and i fully expect the Bloody Mess trait will be included... Imagine Fallouts style of violence with a next-gen 3d engine?
Heh. :evil_laugh:
Our Host!