Adding custom map to default Tactics campaign

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
LucifersKnight
SDF!
SDF!

Adding custom map to default Tactics campaign

Post by LucifersKnight »

Alright, I've made my own little map for the regular Tactics camaign and tried everything I could think of to make it accessible to no avail. Could someone please tell me how it's done so I dont have to introduce my computer to Mr. Winchester?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

How do you mean? You made a map that you want included in the regular campaign after a certain mission is finished? Or is it just a special encounter? Adding a different special encounter is the easiest. Just overwrite one of the useless existing ones like the Ever-ready Bunnies SE. You could do the same for a mission map as long as you account for the variables in the standard map. Adding a completely new map in the regular campaign will take more work. You will have to modify several files and then create a new campaign file. I could try to work it out but basically if you do that method it will be very difficult to distribute. Anyone wanting to play it will need the new campaign file as well as the modified text files. The bos.cam file weighs in at just under 20Mb which is hellish to email.
LucifersKnight
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LucifersKnight »

I'm not really sure what I did wrong... but needless to say I have to uninstall and reinstall it. Somehow all of the missions became stacked on the world map making it very difficult to navigate. So your saying just replace one of the special encounters maps with mine and modify all of the appropriate text files? If I do that will stuff I leave there stay?
I have this little base with levers that spawn badguys so I have something fun to shoot at when I get bored as well as an npc that always has ammo for sale.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

For something simple like that just replace one of the special encounters. Then you will not need to change any other files. Remember that the special encounters can be found in certain locations and you should have no problem finding your mission.

If you create a new bos.cam file or try to modify the original file always back it up first! Then you don't have to reinstall the game. The same goes for any original files that you modify.
LucifersKnight
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LucifersKnight »

Thanks for all of the help Jimmy
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

good call JJ86

Post by xbow »

Just overwrite one of the useless existing ones like the Ever-ready Bunnies SE
Hey thats what I have been doing I. There are plenty of specials that should have been put on the trash heap so butchering those is bacsically how I have been teaching myself to make missions.
Our Host!