How many people are interessted in a fanmade fallout clone?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
EWMS2
SDF!
SDF!

How many people are interessted in a fanmade fallout clone?

Post by EWMS2 »

Yoho,

some time ago i tried to create a fallout clone (german only) but i dropped the project because only a few people seemed interessted in playing something like that.

Now i am thinking about picking up the project again and switch to english. But before i do that i want to check how many people would like to play it. So if you feel like it check the discussion in the interplay fallout forum and drop a line.

http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=41293

Have fun,
EWMS
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

I'd try it. Worth a shot for anything fallout, I think. May not do justice but its worth some of my time.
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

No thanks. Not interessted.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Ditto
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

I'm afraid the only thing that will allow me to lead a relativly normal life that I have been robbed of because of interplay, is pure untainted Fallout, while this clone thing may help shorterm it may cause more damage.
"your mind is your greatest enemy, its always with you, it knows everything about you and everything your going to do before you do it"
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

I don't think DarkUnderlord's FMF is getting too many people applying for the team anymore, so I don't think this is gonna get many people, I'm sorry.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

does it stand a chance of being more interesting than Fallout 3d and Fallout Yurop? And IanOut? And what else?
EWMS2
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EWMS2 »

Canis Lupus wrote:I don't think DarkUnderlord's FMF is getting too many people applying for the team anymore, so I don't think this is gonna get many people, I'm sorry.
I am not looking for team members. What i want to know is how many people would actually play it.
PiP wrote:does it stand a chance of being more interesting than Fallout 3d and Fallout Yurop? And IanOut? And what else?
How shall i know? Only IanOut is playable jet and it has just two small maps like my project. The storyline of my project is not jet set. The old story takes place in europe at the same time as Fallout1 (some people might have survived there as well...). But changing the language makes me feel like changing the place and story as well.
Allot of the jokes that go well for german players won't make any sense to foreign people.

There is allways a chance of beeing more interesting but you can't really tell before it's finished.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

If course, im not saying I want it, im just saying that if someone were to come out with one, I would try it.
and THEY...
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

Oh, okay.

Yeah, I'd play it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

You can try making it but you'll never finish it. I want DUs project but he doesn't even think it will ever come out, so its pretty much dead.

Usually the Europeans like to make the mods, we Americans just sit and laugh at u guys.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
EWMS2
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EWMS2 »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote: ...I want DUs project but he doesn't even think it will ever come out, so its pretty much dead. ...
If you really are an american, could you please rearange that sentense until it makes any sense? I can't even make a rough guess what you were trying to say.

Which project? And what is a DUs? What does it tell me when he (whoever he is) thinks that it (whatever it is) will not come out?

And there is a big difference between a mod and a clone.

By the way, would you play a fallout clone or not?
PiP

Post by PiP »

EWMS2 wrote:
Which project? And what is a DUs?
EWMS2 wrote:
Canis Lupus wrote:I don't think DarkUnderlord's FMF ...
seems like you've answered your question yourself.

BTW, here's a piece of advice: don't make a fool of yourself criticising the language as used by its native speakers, especially as the sample concerned IS correct (only missing an apostrophe after 'DU'), AND as your English is somewhat flawed. Do you get it, "jet"?

My English ain't examplary, hence I dare not correct native speakers, however they do make occasional mistakes.
EWMS2
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EWMS2 »

I didn't correct him in any way. I just stated that i lack the skill to understand what he was trying to say and would appriciate if he could put it another way to enable me to reply in a correct maner. And according to his direct offense thrown at all europeans i didn`t felt like using a polite way to do so.

The word "du" means "you" in german. And the phrase DUS is often used for the "Deutsche Untergrund Spiele" website where people present their projects and my project was displayed there a while ago. So i did not realise he could be refering to a person or that he left the topic of this thread.

So with your polite allowance i will continue to ask questions when i am unable to understand what's told to me even if i make a fool out of myself by doing so.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

Were they ALL europeans who did that JA2 mod/clone/whaterver it was, urban chaos.

Btw anyone tryed that, I Have yet to dl it.
and THEY...
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

EWMS2 wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote: ...I want DUs project but he doesn't even think it will ever come out, so its pretty much dead. ...
If you really are an american, could you please rearange that sentense until it makes any sense? I can't even make a rough guess what you were trying to say.

Which project? And what is a DUs? What does it tell me when he (whoever he is) thinks that it (whatever it is) will not come out?
It makes perfect sense, you fucking noob.
EWMS2
SDF!
SDF!

Post by EWMS2 »

Go and play with yourself bozo.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

F0cking noob, DU = Depleted Uranium! DUs therefore is a plural, the Depleted Uraniums Project, the secret government conspiracy, which has been reported to gradually lose funding over the past 5 years, so the whole project is canned and pretty much dead right now. DUH!
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Maybe I should try and tell you to be civil... ah fuck it. Locked.
Our Host!