Quick Strata3D render

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Outlander
SDF!
SDF!

Quick Strata3D render

Post by Outlander »

I made this in like an hour in strata 1.5.2(circa '93), still think its the easist program they made, all the other 3D apps I've tried are too f*ckn complicated to understand! I also used photoshop 2.5.1(no layers to fuck with WOOHOO!) to do the textures.
Jesus is dead! Get over it!
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

I like it! Especially since you made it all yourself. My only real recommendations woud be to see if you can use a different texture on the plant it looks like the ground just spiked up.

So do you like strata? I downloaded the latest basic version but haven't opened it up yet, since I heard that it is incompatible with the .obj format. I'm looking at a modeler called Shade, that looks like a combonation of Strata and Poser. It does nice 3d work but does really nice character animations as well. The demo for it is pretty nice and even allows saving in dxf format.
Outlander
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Outlander »

I own strata 2.5.3, and 3.5, but they both dont work as well as 1.5.2. Everything in strata vision 5.0 and strata studio pro 1.5 was modular (seperate modeling tools and such) and more easy to control and use. The program is now 10 years old, but still works for when I dont want to fuss with something like strata 3.5, or 3Dmax R4. Photoshop 2.5.1 still uses most of the latest plug-ins and does NOT have any layers to mess around with, so it makes doing textures ALOT easier and faster. I'll see if I cant wip something else up tonight, more fallout related this time.
Have you tried 3d Studio Max R4??? It is extremely hard ot use, but can do some pretty damn nice work!

Outlander

P.S. I'm trying to find the softimage website, because I have heard its a very nice program.
Jesus is dead! Get over it!
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

If you are interested in Softimage you can go here http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/v ... efault.asp

That will get you started ordering their Experience CD pack. Its FREE and they pay the shipping. Basically it is a fully functional version of Softimage 2.0 with a second CD of Video Tutorials. You can even save in standard softimage format. My understanding is that the final renders are watermarked. But if you are trying to learn it, I think it is the way to go.

I got my copy about 2 weeks ago, but I'm waiting for my new PC to arrive before I insall it and work through the tutorials. I'll never be able to afford it though. You can lease the software from them for $320 a month.. heheh right...

I've never really used 3D Studio Max, though I've been exposed to it and Lightwave 7 at work. My boss offered to let me stay after at work and use his copy but I don't want to learn it that bad :)
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

That's quite damn good.
Pat yourself on the back, my man. :D
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Test

Post by Moonbiter »

Test
Senor Deluxe
Respected
Respected

Post by Senor Deluxe »

You should try Lightwave for visualization (lots of tutorials available on the web) and maybe Rhino for modelling (it´s a NURBS modeller, which is quite easy to learn). Rhino can export Lightwave objects, so these work together really well.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Re: Test

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Moonbiter wrote:Test
If you're wondering why the first post you made didn't show up.... It's because you have to "refresh". For some reason, just going back to the page doesn't work around here (well, for me anyway).

That picture is nice too. The skull? could perhaps be white..... And a little more skull looking..... But I think, for an hour, it's pretty darned good¹.

¹Better than anything I'll ever make if given a life-time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

where can i get this 3d renderer program?

cause im really interested in that kinda stuff.
i use milkshape3d (if you can see it in my avatar-- maybe not)

but its unregistered and i cant save anything.

and 3dStudio Max costs $3500!!! :mad:

yea, thnx
Our Host!