Trouble with AVIs or "how did I manage to fuck up my co

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Kashluk

Trouble with AVIs or "how did I manage to fuck up my co

Post by Kashluk »

Alright, the thing is this - I've got this weird sounding problem with playing (mostly) .avi-files. On every 10 second - 2 minute, depending on the file, the video seems to "super-speed". The timer suddenly skips a few seconds in a really fast pace, making it annoying especially when in middle of people speaking. I'm trying to watch this one series and it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out what they're saying.

So. Any ideas?

I've got ffdshow's latest (I think it's latest) and AC3Filter installed, nothing else. I used to have several other codecs in the past, but I've uninstalled all of them by now and moved on to this more simpler system. Oh and I also have GSpot and GSpot-Beta to check which codecs are needed and the files I try to play seem to be supported alright.

Any help would be appriciated.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

i would just uninstall all the codecs and try it, and I'm assuming your still using BSplayer or something? Try couple other players and see what happens.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've tried uninstalling my only codecs, ffdshow and ac3filter, and tried both BSPlayer and Windows Media Player. Mpeg2-files play fine with Media Player Classic, but it can't play any newer formats with that software.

Is there some kind of solution to get rid of all the "traces" of my older codes in the windows registry for example? Some kind of a clean-up tool up for that (specific) job?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Fuck this, apparently I was running two seperate MPEG-3 audio layer codecs at the same time and they fucked up each other.

Now I uninstalled the other and everything's fine 'n' smooth. I ROCK.
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

Kashluk wrote:Is there some kind of solution to get rid of all the "traces" of my older codes in the windows registry for example? Some kind of a clean-up tool up for that (specific) job?
RegCleaner is effective and free. Check it out.
Our Host!