TeamX Mod Nearing Completion

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

TeamX Mod Nearing Completion

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[Game -> Mod News (DO NOT USE - use MOD > UPDATE instead)]</strong>

<a href="http://www.teamx.ru/index.shtml">TeamX</a>'s <b>Fallout 2</b> mod, <b><i>Fallout 2: A New Vision</b></i>, is finally nearing completion. It has just entered the final testing phases, according to the <b>TeamX</b> front newspage.<blockquote><i>Rejoice, my fellow comrades! For the moment we've all been waiting and striving endlessly for has finally arrived: our first major mod has gone into testing!
<br>
<br>We've decided to divide the testing into two phases. The first phase commences today, and it will allow us to do a final refining of the mod's balance. In other worlds, we simply want to make sure we don't mess up the whole game with it :). The second phase will commence shortly, and will be concerned strictly with the final (well, at least we hope so :) version of the mod.</blockquote></i>The mod focuses on changing and expanding upon the areas of <b>Arroyo</b>, <b>Klamath</b>, <b>The Den</b>, and surrounding areas. There are some screenshots on their site which you can check out <a href="http://www.teamx.ru/eng/mod/index.shtml">here</a>.
<br>
<br>Looks great!
<br><BR>Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</A>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hopefully we'll get an english version.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

You can't have too much Fallout. Bring it on!
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

You goddamn morons. That's the SAME news you posted before when I gave heads-up on #fallout about it. You are posting the same news twice!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Looks like it. Seems like they only just put the translation up, though.
Setau
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Setau »

Yeah, we just kind of forgot we had two versions of the website))

A new-and-improved translation of the whole site is up as well, so now you have a chance to read about us and the mod in actual english.

There, of couse, WILL BE an english version. At the moment we're just applying some finishing touches to the translation, so I reckon you'll be seeing the english version release shorlty after the two russian ones.
Last edited by Setau on Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

That's okay, take your time.
Setau
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Setau »

No thanks,
Personally, I'd really rather see the mod before I die/
So let's hope we DON'T take our freakin' sweet little time.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

TeamX was trying to get a mod out for how many years, again?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Setau wrote:No thanks,
Personally, I'd really rather see the mod before I die/
So let's hope we DON'T take our freakin' sweet little time.
That's nice to hear.
Setau
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Setau »

ApTyp wrote:TeamX was trying to get a mod out for how many years, again?
Good question) The short answer would be - I have absolutely no idea. I joined the team as a translator and editor in January or something, and most of the work on the Russian versions ended soon after. I think the Russian release had already been late when I joined, so, based on bits and pieces I'd heard at the time, I&#8217;d say something round a year had already passed.
So, if my calculations are correct, we should release before our second anniversary.

Which reminds me - I have a deadline tomorrow. Drat. And yet I wonder why the whole thing is taking so long&#8230;
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

That's not what I meant. TeamX is not 2 years old; it's a fucking dinosaur of the Fallout modding. Yes, I know it used to be UnDat Division mostly concerned with formats and utilities, but I have statements from ex-member describing very extensive mod design discussions going back to least 4 years ago.
Setau
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Setau »

Well, that would be a yes and a no on my behalf.
It's like this - after the break-up of UnDat TeamX continued to work on the "other" mod that they'd thought up before. If I'm not mistaken, it was called "Last Hope". And that kept them busy for some time. But a lot of technical problems unravelled, and so all work on the mod was stopped in favor of in-depth research of the game's structure, the managing of scripts, whatever (and the funny things is that this research is what TeamX is most famous for so long, at least amongst the Russian Fallout commmunity). Then came the "mini-patch" period, and only AFTER ALL that did they return to the actual mod-building. But by that time they'd lost interest in "Last Hope", since it was mainly concerned with plot, characters and quests in a totaly new location, whilst the team now had the knowledge and ability to do so much more. So that's when the "New Vision" (formerly "THE Arroyo-Klamat Mod) was born. Something round two years ago.

Correctly me if I'm wrong. Because, although I am the one who wrote the last version of the team's history in English, I'm still confused. And there's not much that can be done about that.
Our Host!