Fallout MMORPG

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Fallout MMORPG

Post by Haris »

Well i am making fallout mmorpg, i know that i asked in other thread if poeple would like to play this. But honestly i dont care i allredy started making it. And with graphic game engine and server engine allredy done hance i am gonna use ultima onlines engine game is about 65% finished.
So far me and my brother have menaged to custom the entire map. It wasnt hard. We just pasted fatass desert all over it. And in midle there is gonna be a town. And today we figured out how animations and graphics are working in ultima online. So now its only left taking fallout graphics and pasting them in to ultima online plus we allredy know how to unpack fallout graphics in to same format as ultima online graphic and allso how to create patch for it. Allso alot of gumps, textures and statics graphics must be changed and we plan to only use graphics from fallout 2 same counts for sounds. Both games use exact same system for animations so this shouldnt take to long.

Oh yea when game is done its gonna be totaly free.
Any coments or question about this can be made in this thread, but dont whine about it. coz we are making this no mather what you think of it. If we dont get fallout fans to play we surley still will have big player base from ultima online fans.

I could write 5 pages long text that explanes all in game features and info on how this is gonna be done and played. But nobody would bother reading it than. So if there is anything u wonder about it just ask.
Last edited by Haris on Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Seriously, where the hell are you coming from?

I wish you very good luck, but UO is pretty old and the MMORPG audience is getting ready for next-gen, not some homemade post-apoc mod.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well that fact that there is at least 1000 free ultima online servers out there with player base above 150 online all the time and over 2000 active members each server. I mean uo pay to play servers are 7 years old and still they have 250000 active players. And i am not first one to mod ultima online. there is tons of them moded to be lord of the rings and vampire games and various game stiles. Plus i havent so far seen any of new mmorpgs that can be even called real mmorpg for the single fact that you cant own your own player run shop in them or kill all players as you wish. Its all hack and slash with fancy graphics where you fight other players by hoging a spawn point and not by killing them.
Last edited by Haris on Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You suck, mang.

You're naive or something.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

what exactly do u know about uo or mmorpg? u just want to reach high post count so u spam any crap that comes in to your mind. year ago i set up server with regular plane ultima online and in 2 weeks time i had over 300 active accounts on it. u are trying to say that my mmorpg wont get players or what? if some text based free games can get 80000 players than free mmorpg with graphic sure as hell can get players to.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The fact that tagging it with a Fallout name won't help things, because most of this community hates MMORPG, and that the general UO customer is a fantasy fan, not PA.

Also, if it's as coherent as your writing, I don't think anyone will ever understand the skills/items descriptions.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

erm i had guild in uo with 30 memebers. 20 of them had fallout 1 and 2. and u aperently just heard about mmorpg and have no clue what it is.

and spelling part well that not gonna be done by me, but by my brother. and even than it wont mather coz this mod is gonna alter server engine and graphic engine, than anyone who want to set up there own server will be able to do that and he will be admin hiring his own staff and setting upp weapon descriptions/names and damages and npc abilities and skills as he wants to. even u will be able to set up a server at your own pc and play with your own friends. u will allso be able as admin of your own server to build extra towns and put in npc spawns in the waste land as u wish. u just put in invisible to players item called spawn point on the ground and u put in what npc will spawn there and how far away from spawn it will go. example would be spawn with 10 super mutants that can go 50 tiles away from spawn and 1 mutant spawn each 20 minutes. this mean as soon as 1 dies another one will spawn in 20 minutes. allso every weapon and armor will be able to change colour. so that admin can create power armor of different materials and different armor ratings and prices and atributes. or he can put it on some hard npc so they drop em and that way making it rare.

allso other cool thing is that as servers admin you are able to make quest giving npc with simple script. you just alter what he looks like, what you have to bring him or kill for him and what he gives as reward. those quests can be done over and over by players. allso as admin your able to hold live quests for player, that means you eather arange tournament where they fight eachother for a price or where you spawn loads of npcs that they fight togheter. event like town is being invaded by enclaves can be done. and all players must defend the town. ones that are there defending the town get reward from towns shop keepers. well its pretty much just your imagination that decides how fun quests can be. and if u arange tournament u can allso give winner player a rare collour item (a doll for example) called "tournament winner trophy". than he is only one that owns that item on entire server.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Okay, I admire your enthusiasm, but three things:

1. If a team of hundreds of programmers, designers, graphic artists, and producers couldn't make a halfway functional MMORPG, what chance do you and your brother have?

2. This isn't Yahoo Chat, so post in complete sentences with proper English. It's not about appeasing the grammar gods - it's about making a readable post, and so far you're worse than !!PrettyFairy95@@@Iluvgreenday!!! over on Habbo Hotel.

3. We know damn well what MMORPGs are, so drop that "omg u guys suck because you dont know what a mmorpg is" crap. Most of us don't like them for good reasons that have nothing to do with our supposed ignorance of the genius that is Anarchy Online.

In short, shut up and go away. Or shut up, make your silly mod, and come back when you've got something playable.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

erm. well only thing thats left for mod to be finished is animations and gumps and sounds. game it self is allredy done. all i have to change is crossbows and bows and swords in to guns and miniguns and super sledges and add gun fire sound to them. wich isnt hard hance game uses same graphics system as fallout 2 does. so everything is allredy animated.

as i said i am not only one that has there own mmorpgs or mods off mmorpgs so they can be played on your own pc with your own friends so u dont have to pay for it. plus there is allways poeple that set upp big servers for free coz they like to be admin. runescape was done by one single guy and it has over 10000 players online all times. that means at least 300000 active accounts.

and i am making this, doesent mather if u whine about it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, but posting it HERE is asking for people to give their opinion.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

yea and i am not offended if u say its crap and that u will never play it everyone has a right to have opinion. i am just pointing out that this isnt thread where i ask if i should make this or where i am asking for ideas or recruiting people to make it. i am allredy making it. this thread is for people that maybe wonder how it will work.

allso some of u seem offended that i said that u dont know what mmorpg is. what i ment with that is that alot of you think that mmorpg is huge pay to play server with thousands players where everyone talk "1337 sux0r" lang. but it doesent have to be. there is thousands of ultima online servers that are runed by players for players. and lots of them enforce rpg. meaning if u dont talk old english and speak proper english they ban you from server. so if u want PA mmorpg where u decide how everything is gonna be when it comes to rules than this mod is just what you need.

if u dont belive me that there is thousands of free servers runed by players out there, than u can visit this link http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/ its top 200 ultima online free servers and free server moding/scripting websites. moding/scripting websites are often forums where poeple share scripts with eachother and where u can download graphic and server tweaking tools.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

So that's it is it? You're making your own mmorpg because you've been banned from everywhere else for not using proper english. Right we get you now.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

erm only 5% of those servers enforce rpg and proper english. and 30% of those servers dont even have english speaking player base. plus i have runed my own server, meaning if anyone was baned than it was me doing the baning.

and i get how this works. when u cant find anything bad to say about this kinda mmorpg than u start with personal insults.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It wasn't a personal insult but a comment on your lack of respect for these forums by continuing to post like a demented 13 yr old in chat room despite several people's comments to that effect.

I don't know if english is your native language or not, or whether it's just a basic lack of education. I apologise if it's the former.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

well any english i learned was trough mmorpgs and fallout games. i never really took any lessons. and i am awere that i aint good at it and hance i speak Swedish/Bosnian and some Rusian and poeple dont seem to not understand what i mean in english makes me not ashamed about my spelling or gramar what so ever.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You have to understand that despite the fact that there would be no cost and people would speak a good english, it's still fucking UO online with different graphics. And most people around here hate MMORPG, and the fact the engine is old and the graphics are ugly and the game system is shitty won't help it.

It's no RPG.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

u have some decent points there. except that if its is rpg or not is totaly up to servers admin. hance he can hire players to be staff and walk around and play different characters that are giving quests to other players. like u morph your self with simple comand where u tipe .morph npc_super_mutant. than u turn your self in to super mutant. and than u type comands .set str 300, set hitpoints 1000, set big guns 1000.0. and .set name Harry. and than u walk forward to a player and say "me know you not ghoul"

well you get my point. its your imagination that sets the limit. so every admin can have staff off scenery builders, quest givers, player suporters and so on. each staff member can allso make him self invisible and follow players around and spy on them, not that its just fun to do that but you allso catch abusers.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sounds as much as an utopia as communism does, though.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

well if it didnt work whu do u think so many poeple would play these games. its not like only PA fans want rpg. fantasy rpg fans that play uo often have guilds where members decide to rpg in them. they chose a leader and than they all line up and walk after him down in the dungeons. i used to stand in my neon cloths and watch that kinda thing and laugh from the side.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yeah, it's funny, and no one here would play it.
Our Host!