Making an item from scratch

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Hartigan
SDF!
SDF!

Making an item from scratch

Post by Hartigan »

Hello. I'm new here so please forgive that stupid question.

I don't know how to make a new item from scratch and especially how to add it to the game.

I've searched the forum and found that. Following the tips, I've already:
  • made an item's graphic and save it as a .PNG file (8-bit),
  • downloaded Fallout Item Changer,
  • duplicated a random .PRO file, saved as 00000600.PRO and changed its values in FIC,
  • also added those required lines in ITEMS.LST
    and PRO_ITEM.MSG at the end of the file:
    • {60000}{}{item's name}
      {60001}{}{item's description},
  • converted .PNG file to .FRM but with a shitty result (odd colors),
  • extracted ART folder from MASTER.DAT and placed it in FIC directory, also added a new .FRM file to ART/INVEN dir,
  • added a line in INVEN.LST, set the visual settings (item on the floor, item in inventory) then finished editing.
And now what? How to make it running in the game? How to convert graphic files correctly (I think it's a palette problem, but where to find a guide)?

Please help! :sadblinky:

edit: I've posted this request also on the NMA board and they were quicker. But maybe leave the thread for newcomers, it still may come in useful.
I'm fucking tired.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

NMA are for fags. I believe you consider yourself a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone, by posting on NMA. HMM!!! NO FAGS ALLOWED! W HAVE PLENTY ALREADY!
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

And you've just met there leader :drunk:
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Hartigan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hartigan »

Nice. Hatman, could you tell me please what the fuck is that thing in your avatar?
I'm fucking tired.
Our Host!