Problem with editing item protos from an existing mod.

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Leonard Leroy
SDF!
SDF!

Problem with editing item protos from an existing mod.

Post by Leonard Leroy »

I've been playing Mack the Knife's Deep Impact patch (non-dat) with the latest killap patch. So far, I've had no significant issues, aside from little quirks with Mack's mod, that have logical reasons for being there (such a gun's burst mode not working because it uses the handgun animation).

What I wanted to do was simply change the holding frame of one of the handguns in the mod. Mack has the 14MM handgun modded to the desert eagle, but it has the Submachine gun holding frame.

I simply wanted to change the weapon holding frame.

I've used three proto editors for items: FIC, FWEDIT2, and FIME.

When I think they should work correctly, no significant errors... I've extracted from the master.dat what was needed to the letter in the instructions,

I still get a crash to desktop right after the initial loading screen. I've been browsing around the NMA and DAC modding forums, but I haven't found any solution to my problem.
Finesse
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Finesse »

use Fime... change the hold frame to hand gun, and grond frame to pistol. Wild qwerty also made animations so that handguns can use burst along with other animations, check it out here

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=650

If you still cant get it working, send me the proto file to my email and ill rig it up for you

blaze_m60@yahoo.com
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

what kind of a stupid name is 'leonard leroy'??? :lol:

no negroes allowed, plz B)
Our Host!