Most frustrating game moment

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

My most annoying moment was in the mission when you have to rescue the 4 reavers (was it 4?) and the game kept on crashing on me, one of my friends told me to avoid the crash just slit up like crazy and make each char go solo, funnily enough it worked, and i forgot to save 4 missions back (i was playing allllllllll night long 8O ) suddenly my best friend (cough) came up with its 50th error (i must be proud) i was so pissed off i played cricket with my old monitor.......and i got grounded.no really.
Aim a little left...maybe right...no its definantly left...*BLAM*...dude! you shot the quartermaster
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Man, I dunno what yer guys' problem is with crashing - FOT has crashed on me maybe 3 times ever (not including the well-known crash in the editor, of course. But that's something else entirely...).

And I'm a save-a-holic, so I never have any problems with not saving in a while 8) I learned to save often waaaaaaay back when playing Doom2. Those Arch-Vile things are terrible... (the monsters in the game, not you, dude :mrgreen:).
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

I used to save alot but when i came across dues ex VERY late in the game i got the big stiffy, i had more then 3 gig of savegame files and my hdd was forked :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Aim a little left...maybe right...no its definantly left...*BLAM*...dude! you shot the quartermaster
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Heh, yea, I had to cleanse my savegames when playing Deus Ex. My puny 40 GB hard drive can only take so much...
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

wanna swap, ha
mines only 14 FOOOOOOOOOOOOORK
and xp uses up a bit
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, when I get a new 100+ GB hard drive, I'm gonna use this one for back-ups and stuff, so no.

Although, I have a semi-broken 20 GB hard drive you can have :D

Not to hijack the topic or anything...
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

wow, i have 13, and i thought it was good...
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

i have two 120gig HD.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

one thing, that mission after saving the reavers (i've forgotten why) but why do those power things repair themselves, where is a way to de-activate them?, its stumped me but luckily i dont have to keep up with the guns, the guns have to keep up with me :D
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

this the six power nodes? if it is find or get 6 radio activeated bombs and place them next to each power node. when you've killed every bot around detonate the bombs and the nodes are dead. yay.

if not... explain further :P
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
AssasS|N_69
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AssasS|N_69 »

did that...........game crashing alot now even with 1.27..................started new game............on insane...................oh im forked
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

I forget which level it was, but I was half way through with it, and I got hit hard. In the battle, nobody died, but my main character broke his leg, and suprise suprise, my one and only doctor, had both of his arms broken. IT SUCKED!!!
MaxTheDeathclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Lots of crashing...

Post by MaxTheDeathclaw »

Damn you peole seem to have massive crashing problems. Mines only crashed like twice and I think it was because my comp overheated. But anyway most annoying moment would have to be Me and my deathclaw pinned down by a good 4-5 super mutants up on a ridge. We finally kill them after much grenade hurling and stimpack using and run up the hill only to get blown sky high by a bunch of mines my character with 158 trap skill coudnt see...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I've experienced very little crashes in FOT but I've had my fair share of annoying moments. Like when I haven't saved for a long time and someone vital to my mission dies and I have to go all the way back.
Our Host!