Zombie movies

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Zombie movies

Post by Nicolai »

I just watched the new Dawn of the Dead yesterday, and I need more good zombie movies, so recommend a few, eh?
And include a short description for each movie or something :pelvic_thrust:
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

night of the living dead (both new and old ones) DOTD (old) day of the dead, return of the living dead (1 and 2),

well thats i can think of at the moment, so yeah... :zombie:
does this work
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Zombie Flesheaters is rather good.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

shaun of the dead
no description except it's funny as hell (guys, trust me on this, okay?)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Not quite a movie, but excellent reading material. "The Zombie Survival Guide : Complete Protection from the Living Dead." It's written by Mel Brook's son Max Brooks and is by far one of the best reads I've ever had.
Harriers for the cup.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I've seen the old dotd and Shaun of the Dead, but I'll check the other movies (and that book) out.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Day of the Dead was OK...

Shaun of the Dead was amazing.

Oh yeah...Dead Alive aka Braindead, by Peter Jackson. Genius.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

braindead was hilarious, the priest in it was the best.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

" I kick ass for the Lord!" Peter Jackson is a sick pup.

I just saw the original NOTLD in a local theater that plays old horror movies on weekends. I almost like Savini's remake even better. You gotta love that redneck sherriff though.

Those Italian zombie movies by Fulci are pretty hardcore too.

I don't know if you could classify Evil Dead as zombie movies, but they're pretty damn cool.

28 days was very well done in a very Romero-esque way.

And I'll be on my deathbed before that bass-line from the original Dawn of the Dead ever leaves my head.

enough of my random thoughts
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Zombie (1980)
All in all a pretty damn good low budget flesh eater flick. The story line is that a scientist disappears while doing research on a small remote island in the Caribbean and the doctors NYC daughter decides to hunt him down. She along with her companions soon find themselves evading a growing band of reanimated stiffs that crave human flesh. The Voodoo mysticism angle is not lost in this romp through the rotting buildings and putrid swamps where the action takes place.

The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988)
This is an interesting flick because it is loosely based on a the real life adventures of Wade Davis as written in his book by the same name. The story line is that an agent of a big drug company is sent to find 'zombie powder' a drug that induces a death like coma. The goal is to find a better method of anesthesia and of course make a financial killing.

The Haitian secret Police (Tontons Macoute ) use this drug to fuck up political dissidents and erase their memories and hence render them harmless to Papa Doc‘s control of the country. The procedure is that someone blows the powder into the eyes of the target and the target rapidly falls into a death like coma. The target is then pronounced dead and buried for a few days ..he is conscious but unmoving and helpless. Because it is based on fact it is a scary flick. The police chief who is also a Voodoo Priest is one nasty mother fucker., It is a classic Wes Craven flick Surrealistic in the extreme you won't be disappointed.

The best treatments of The Hatian Zombie thing are:

"Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie" and "The Serpent and The Rainbow" by Wade Davis definately a good reads.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Serpent and the Rainbow sucked. Hard. Hatian zombies are lame.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Are Haitian zombies black?

Braindead is the best zombie flick ever, IMHO.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Peter Jackson sucks, faggos
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I guess someone's gotta bring it up, and as a Paul Anderson fan, it might as well be me: Resident Evil. Though I guess it's not so much a "zombie movie", as it is an action/suspence-thriller with zombies in it.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Right, I put pretty much all of the movies that you've recommended, on my to-watch list. (Save for a few that I've already seen :drunk:)
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmm

Post by Janus Matchell »

I recently bought the directors cut of the new Dawn of the Dead and I must admit that it is the shiznittle!!! I liked Resident Evil because it wasn't as predictable as the game in other words they kept it different from the actual game series by adding to or removing certain elements that would be expected to be seen in a video game movie. One zombie movie that I think is pretty cool bad effects and poor use of stock footage is Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 (aka and unofficial DotD sequel). The ending was awesome and the gore was pretty good for the late 70's/early 80's. Either way it was decent about 2 and a half stars.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Watch "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price, combination zombie vampires. Pretty neat flick.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Morgannnnn...come out Morgan!!!!! ya LMOE is a cool flick, I liked the Omega man as well.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

The Omega Man, eh?
I heard that the movie was a bit chit, but the novel was pretty fucking good (I Am Legend by Richard Matheson), so I suppose that I'll have to check it out 0:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Omega Man is like a retelling of "The Last Man on Earth" except slightly differant and with Charlton Heston (who I like anyways.) I remember Omega man being pretty good as a young teenager, but that was awhile back and I only had 4 channels so TNT Classic movies were the choice for the night. It was either that or WCW Nitro.

Regardless, I thought both movies had vampire like things, not zombies.
Harriers for the cup.
Our Host!