Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Two new movies of The Fall View next topic
View previous topic
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[Game -> Update]

RPGDot writes,
Silver Style Entertainment has released two new movies for 'The Fall: Last Days of Gaia'. The first is an edited version of the original trailer with a new end sequence and the second shows some animation sequences. You can grab them from German publisher Deep Silver here (9Mb, 49secs) and here (13Mb, 47secs). Note that these are direct links.
You can hear what appears to be the game's theme song in the first link, with lyrics that involve a German shouting, "The fall... the fall... the last days of Gaia". I can't work out whether I like it or hate it.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The animations aren't bad for in-game use. A bit of clipping error here and there though. Those German's must be made out of I-beams or something, if they can do push-ups like that, heh.

The music is, ugh, it sounds like something went awry with the compression into an MP3 form. It also sounds pretty "heavy" for a game like The Fall, but the game is being made in Germany, 3rd to Sweden and Norway when it comes to the death metal scene. Or at least that is how it is from my stereotypical perception.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Fall has really came along way since I first heard about a while back. The animation look smooth the music played during the trailer was pretty cool. I liked the fact that it showed more of the game so that you could actually get a feel for how it is going to be when it comes out. And by that I mean here in the Great US of A. I think that perhaps that I will give the fall a chance even though it appears to be RT.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, Janus is stupid.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh. My. God.

... to think, that could've been Fallout. I wonder why I'm not disappointed? The Fall just fell rather dramatically off my list of things to buy. It appears to be little more than Diablo with vehicles and tinny gun sounds to boot.

Driving does look kinda fun though. Pity San Andreas will be out by then. OH WELL.

I see in the second clip that we can BRING PEOPLE BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER WE SHOT THEM BY PERFORMING SIMPLE CPR. The marvels of technology.
Mismatch
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

can I tug your balls?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Lord, you're gay.

P.S. Can I massage your anus?

Jump to: