Is it a bird? is it a plane? no! its another fo3 plot idea

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Miracleasd
SDF!
SDF!

Is it a bird? is it a plane? no! its another fo3 plot idea

Post by Miracleasd »

the game starts some time after fo2. you are the descendant of the chosen one and your town has reached a high level of stability and technology through trade with other local town. the brotherhood technology emporium, the metropolis of gecko, NCR and the non-alligned west coast consortium (WCC). life is good, rich and on the whole tax free. men are real men, women are real women and small furr... hmmm, scratch that bit.
life is good for all concerned when it is discovered that a doomsday device from prewar has been activated blowing a massive chunk out of the earth and destabalising its orbit.
it will take 1 year for it to get close enough to the sun that it cannot support life on the surface, it will take a further 3 years before it gets so close that the surface begins to boil.
several options are explored including abandoning earth but ship construction would take too long, another detonation to stabalise the orbit but the last detonation left it extremely fragile and it would break up.
it is decided to continue a pre-war experiment that has been dicovered to travel through time and try to prevent the disaster before it happens
as the descendant of the vault dweller you are chosen for this task, however the technology is still experimental and the people who built it couldnt get it to work right, eventualy the abbanoned the project.
you are given the device you have to use to stop the doomsday device but one of the scientist (mad of course) grabs it and jumps into the time stream. it is discovered that the various components of the device have been scattered through time (along with various parts of the scientist) you must go to these time zones and retrieve the parts and stop the doomsday device, everyone else takes to the vaults that served their ancestors so well.
the time machine exists in all the time zones as it is pre-war and you must use it to make your next jump but you will find yourself in many time zones including pre-war, fo1, fo2 current and various times in between.
unlike your predecessors you are not sent out with a pitchfork, blessed tee-shirt, the bumper knowledge book of everything and a can do attitude, you are sent out with a particle beam weapon, several years of schooling on the finer points of everything, a mk xii power suit and a can do attitude.
your first jump goes ok thanks to your uber equipment but your second jump takes you to 1947 roswell, new mexico and a heavy landing. you are discovery by the military (c'mon people, you know your history right) and taken to groom lake nevada (conviniently close to california) your equipment is taken away to be studied (giving rise to the power armour and energy weapons) and you are interrogated. you manage to escape and continue your quest but your nice shiney equipment is gone.
anywho, you see the changes throughout time (not necisarily in order) but eventualy you get all the pieces together and go to the original destination in time. there you are confronted by someone claiming to be you from the future-future who tells you the device is what really triggers the doomsday device and that you shouldnt use it. if you decide to use it you have to fight the future you. which is the right choice i havnt decided.

well thats all folks
Zila
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zila »

You bring up something I REALLY like to see in Fallout 3

the brotherhood technology emporium, the metropolis of gecko, NCR and the non-alligned west coast consortium (WCC).

I love the idea of having a couple of really built up town/cities. Over time some of these towns have to EVENTUALLY get big, especially with the intervention of the descented of the vault dweller coming round every 80 or so years. (either killing off the opposition or solving every minute little problem for the lazy buggers.) But even though the areas would get larger and more impressive there is still the scope for the degraded areas just trying to survive and those out there ready to stab you in the back.
But the idea of having big built up areas gives lots of potential to the variety of missions.

Now i'm not saying I want everywhere to be built up towns/cities through out the wasteland. But maybe one or two.
The Problem with Leadership is inevitably : Who plays God?
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Maybe so, but still I don't think they could really implement it on game. It would probably need a monstrous machine.
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

it's intriguing, mate. but it's not fallout, sorry.
smashing idea for another game though.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

yup. great idea. but that's the farthest thing possible from fallout... other than fantasy...
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

sounds like an adventure game with too much technology to be a Fallout game
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Miracleasd wrote:Is it a bird? is it a plane? no! its another fo3 plot idea
Someone's making fun of me...
Miracleasd
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Miracleasd »

Errrrr am I? cool. why? (are you superman?)

guess its not exactly classic fallout but if you put down a plot idea exactly like classic fallout people complain that its not original or too samey. its a different direction.

still generaly better responces than most of my other plot ideas
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Miracleasd wrote:Errrrr am I? cool. why? (are you superman?)
Sorry... I thought you posted this after I did this one:

Is it a bird? Is it an airplane? No, it's SAVE GECKO QUEST!

I didn't know about your thread! Honest! We just share a similar nature, that's all :lol:
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

I think Miracleasd has played to much Serious Sam 2(Time travel, looking for artifacts, loseing your equipment in the jumps)
Miracleasd
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Miracleasd »

ahhh, I C now :lol:

havnt played serious sam 2. played the first one for a few levels and got bored of the rather skimpy plot (yeah, i know that was the point of it) also got bored of the instaspawn enemies.

probably drew inspiration from cheesy b-movies
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

it started off good, but it should stop at the time-travel bit.

Instead, of the doomsday device you could have a stockpile of nukes in the artic exploding, sending earth flying further out from the sun, plus the ice-caps are starting to melt [sloly, because youre getting away from the sun]

So you start off with Arroyo being really close to the sea, and you have to fix a dam before it explodes. After that you get a medal then are sent on a quest to solve the earth from turning into a huge block of ice.

Anyway, most of the western areas has flooded, except now grass it starting to grow due to the water and tropical storms [so bye-bye san franciso, with all its technology and stuff, and some FEV in the military base might have drifted off into sea...]

Anyway you can do several thigns to save the world. First you could try and crash it into the moon and re-bound off it [crash into it with more nuclear boosts], but that would be a bad ending as you accidently kill most of the world, with the blast from the moon smashing the earth's crust in two.

Second thing you could do is set of nukes in the south pole, but you accidently flood most of the world, but not as many casualties as the moon-snooker thing

Third thing you could do is find a huge hydro-powered experimental rocket, designed to keep the earth from global warming if the sun got to hot they could just move it away. So you can use the huge water-cannon thing and it goes abck to normal, except you drain most of the sea and it rains even more rarely.

Fourth thing you could do is find out who set off the nueks in the north pole and they/it might help you...

whatever, but 4 possible different things you could do like the water-chip/geck quest would be good, plus then you get to fight mabye 4 different big bad bosses on your preference on saving the world

Moon-As you bump into the moon, the moon cracks apart and you find out the moon has been a secret military radar, replacing the normal moon just before the fallout. The radar sends out a distress signal to a bio-enchanced alien robot that had been found under the moon's surface, and it jumps about 80 miles to the earths surface and is hunting you down.

Nukes-As the sea level rises more and more, large beasts have been seen coming out of the water. They are mutated plankton, dominating the sea-food chain for almost 2 centurys. They are about 20 feet long and 30 ffet high, and are killing almost everything

Hydocannon-The sea peels back and a large vault has been found just off the west coast, you go inside and find out it was meant to be the vault for the enclave or something, except most of them espcaed to the oil-rig

Northpole-you have to fight the thing that set off the nukes
:chew:
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

I like all your ideas...really do...
Mine sounds way too old-fashioned and unfantastic but here goes...
Background - /200 years after Fallout 2/ you are a decendent of the vault dweller who lives in a floating fishing village off the coast of Florida near where NASA fires rockets into space and all. You have never heard of the vault dweller but did hear that your ancestor traveled bravely across the continent of America to get here and established a peace and sea loving village. Here the water is salty but clean and the plankton is a bit normal. Everything is normal until one day...
A dark massive shape rises to the surface. You watch in horror as half of your village is lifted high into the sky or is instantly shattered. Your fellow villagers pack up and leave their beloved village to get away from the steel behemoth...
Through a pair of fish oil lens binoculars you see yellow slant eye looking men storm your village. Fire crackles from thier guns as the villagers try to defend themselves with pure brawn and harpoons. They stand no match against the evil invaders...
Because you are young at this time, you do not remember much, except for the fact that you have lost your home and still remember the screams of the poor souls being tortured by the evil beings with fire...
The survivors try to start again and they soon drift away from Florida and into the mist of the sea. One day the boats that are lashed together hit a coral reef with a scraping noise and a thud. Your people realize they have reached land and once they have arrived, are greeted by a people of Spanish (Mexican) descent who treat outsiders with ill will. Your people are immeadiately turned into slaves and disrespected and brutalized. You now sit in a dark damp family cell living with mutant slugs and other vermin that you eat with the remainder of your family. You look up to see the Imperial Spanish Flag waving above you or at you. Your fists clench in anger and tears form in your eyes. The torches remind you of what happened in the past month and you vow revenge on both...
Years later - you have reached manhood or womanhood and are serving in the Imperial Spanish Slave Corps. The Spanish are forcing the strongest of the slaves to fight in Gladiator Pits for the enjoyment of the people. Unwillingly, you give them pleasure; but all hope is not lost, for your people and Imperial civillians are planning to escape from this slavery to look for help from people outside the Imperial Spanish Empire...
You escape to find yourself lost and alone on the shores of South America amongst mutated seaweed and jungle after the outrigger you and your friends in collided with a fish monster hunting ship...
You struggle to survive and encounter a primitive tribe in the jungle that teaches and cares for you. You leave them later to find a land called Panama that might help you in your journey. Unforunately you have to fight pirates and sea scum and save fishermen from sea monsters. You find out a ship going to a land called 'China' is leaving soon and you board it at the moment it leaves harbor *insert cinematics here with skin changes for male and female*. This ship is a very big ship carrying different kinds of cargo, from passengers, to a mercenary army, to slaves. After doing good deeds here and there, the ship is attacked by a submarine. The ships captain, using ancient maps decides to detour to a post apocalyptic Hawaii...
Here the people treat you with respect and warmness that you don't want to leave but duty calls so you pack up your bags and...but wait a minute something is wrong here. At the resort you stayed at for free 8) courtesy of a honest and happy chieftain and mayor, screaming could be heard. You look out your hut and see a mysterious man being hunted by samurai warriors. You watch in horror as the man begs at them before losing his head in the surf.
Questions meet with dead end answers the next day as you try to find out what is going on. You will soon discover not all is what it seems. Samurai warriors and yellowish skinned men follow you until you finally confront them...
Next thing you know you are being pursued by samurai warriors armed with self heated swords. You meet a crazy old scientist who is about to prove the theory of flight. Having no choice you become his assistant and take off Hawaii. From above you watch the very large ship you rode in on blow up in a subatomic blast...
You and the crazy scientist land upon a snow covered plain. The local town treats you strangely having never seen people like you before and transportation like that too...
Taking a donkey and cart, the two of you head deeper into Russia meeting decendents of soldiers who unknowingly keep their base running even though the light bulbs and generators have been burned out and all...
Following ancient rail road tracks leads you to a blackened wasteland. To go around you must tranverse the ice covered sea by snow skitters (snow mobiles). Once getting around you come to a war torn Western Europe. Entering Germany you have to outwit and fight your way through facist peoples and eliminate a powerful dictator wearing a short mustache. You then come to a place where war is constantly fought over territory and farm land. You and the now not-so-crazy scientist help those they can trust. Unfortunately, trusting the wrong people ends you up in Eygpt where you encounter a high-tech and ancient technologies combined...
From there you come to the Middle East and meet a people who worship the nuclear arsenal they keep underground. You kill their dictator and flee for Tibet. Here you meet peaceful monks you teach you the anicient arts of the ancient world. From there you journey to the lower regions to meet the civilliazation that killed your people and destroyed your village. Here you battle the dictators that want to invade America as America did to them in the past. You discover the real America and the POW decendents of the ancient war. With their help you thwart thier invasion plans by destroying China's nerve center, which had mind control tecnology that controlled the giant population. Using a stolen submarine, you and your friends come to a militirized San Francisco. Here you meet the Emperor, and you show it the vault suit cloth with the number 13 on it wraped around the barely functional PipBoy. The Emperor loads you up with new weaponry to fight against the evil invaders from afar...
In your journey, you fight your way across the continent to Florida and fight the big boss at the end who commanded the destruction of your village! *pants* That was long.
At the end you also become the first person to cirlce the world in 300+ years! 8)
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Hell yes, your ideas are good - give me FO 3 CD and it will be even better. Can you even imagine what do I feel when I read all that stuff and understand that it is only ideas... Life sucks! :cry:

And one more thing - don't you think that your plot is too long... There is two solutions for that situation:

first one - huge game, a lot of discs - high prices, "money bags" are not happy

second - to make a short game, all these travels are very short and quick, you don't have time for catching main idea...

Well, your plot is good, but there is too much action. If you make it some shorter, it will be finer... I think.
Last edited by Follower on Tue May 14, 2002 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World of FO is coming... too fast for my liking
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Well, ok - here are some of my insights into the Fallout 3. A small village, under the brick of destruction. No, this is not quest to find GECK. You need to find new place for this settlement. Accidentally this place is found near New Vault 13 city. Timelimits - 30 or 40 years after the FO 2. Some guys are known to your from last game, some new appear. So you are sent there with a tradecaravan to keep business with them. Some of your friends can join you at the begining- but this is option of player...

So you are off on your quest - some random encounters with raiders, but tradecaravan is well-protected so you have nothing to fear. Good way to get some exp. and some weapon - I hate that stuff that I had to play with spear in FO 2 for so long. Anyway at the end of your journey you find yourself in the middle of large battle between forces of Vault 13 city and some guys full of tech stuff - cyberninjas. Oh, I really like how it sounds...

Battle is hard - most of the fighters are dead at the end but you are alive... Caravan master is dead so you are taken to city as enemy and must prove your loylty. Well - long list of quests and subquests is coming... This is not interesting

At the end you learns some picture of what is happening. Their leader - chosen one is killed by unknown murderer not long before then. Strange things are happening - cities are fighting against each other. NCR is under break of destruction. BOS is disappeared... So you must find out what is happening. You are given list of small and large cities that can hold some information about it - spies of Vault 13 city, informers and so on...

You are solving all quests and some subquests to get more picture of the world and at the end finds out about real treat... Yakudza. Powerful clan of criminals, which is supported by San Fran. They have created new type of supersoldiers - cyberninja and going to rule everything. So you must stop them. You can't unit cities agaist them - war is coming already, too late, but you can use some of them to deal with San Fran at least...

So, you get evidences of their betrayal and some cities are sending troops to deal with them. You are coming too. Your last quest of saving your village is to help eliminate the treat. Powerful city is full of fight - blood and chaos everywhere. You can go directly to Emperor palace or to explore the city and find some cool stuff, which was closed to you earlier - but this way is full of problems and fight...

You are in the palace all people has left to defend city. This place is full of cyborgs, controlled by Emperor. He is pissed off greatly and want to crush everything. Kill everybody, find final boss - lackey of Emp. - some supercyberninja - turn off Emperor(supercomp) - at the end Nuc is waitng for you. You can save this city by stoping the exposion or destroy it... Well, it doesn't matter - world is saved again. Everybody is happy... :D
Rhombus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rhombus »

Follower wrote:-snip-
Like your idea.. but does it have to be cyberninjas???.. cyborgs??.. sounds to much like the FOT robots...

good points:
Main character not being descendant to chosen one.

NCR on the brink of destruction, falling apart.

Brotherhood hiding away again. like this one alot.. sort of like after helping both NCR and Vault 13 City with technology.. and when the fighting and NCR starts falling apart thingy begins, they think that mankind wasn't yet ready for their technology and submerges into their hidden bases again.. really nice...
Hah!.. You not fool me!.. Me be smart!.. Me not dumb!.. Me be watching you close!..
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Thanks, pal. :D It is pleasant, you know... My idea is not so genius, but I was trying...(I really like that idea about combination of machine and human. It can give a lot of possobilities - you can upgrade yourself, unarmed combat will be much deadler...) And about cyberninjas - robots are good stuff. They must be made good and all will be fine. Not so many cyberninjas, as it was robots in FOT - elitforces of San Fran, but some high tec is really needed, as some supertought mutants or mutated deathclaws...

I don't like high tec too. There is little place for it in FO world, but FOT was made and we must take the best from that situation... There must be little high tec, but it is need to show that it is future and that progress didn't stoped on Laser guns(most of modern films are showing exactly all that stuff)
Rhombus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rhombus »

I'm one of those that will argue about FoT not being a true "Fallout" game.. anyways..
I don't believe a bigger gun, new tech, and bigger and badder enemies have to be in it.. rather I want a awsome plot, lots of subquests, greater variety (sp?) on them.. and that kind of stuff.. emphisis on the roleplaying part of the game.. that's why I liked your plot ideas, but maybe not the details.. :)
Hah!.. You not fool me!.. Me be smart!.. Me not dumb!.. Me be watching you close!..
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Rhombus wrote:that's why I liked your plot ideas, but maybe not the details.. :)
Can you be little more specific. I like constructive critics...

And once again, some big monsters really needed, because in the end you'll get powerful weapons and you need to use it on someone. But this is not important - the main thing is scenario - you are right.
Rhombus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rhombus »

as I said...
Like your idea.. but does it have to be cyberninjas???.. cyborgs??..

Well.. If you don't get those powerfull weapons you really don't need those big bad monsters.. right??.. :)
Our Host!